anything lion guard

Re: anything lion guard

Postby zerodix » October 5th, 2019, 10:31 am

i hope for night pride merch and hopefully a special on tv but a new season is not coming, too bad
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 21

Postby Abyssal_S » October 6th, 2019, 3:21 pm

Even with that petition going around, I honestly don't see The Lion Guard getting another a season nor a spin off for that matter. Not sure why, but I just don't.
Compared to everyone on this site I'm pretty much a 2 year old :P
Abyssal_S
What’s a motto?

Nothing, what’s the motto with you?

Nickname(s): Abyssal
Pride Points: 1

Postby goody2shoes » October 6th, 2019, 3:48 pm

yeah petitions don't work really. people have been trying that for a lot of years with backyardigans and lots of other shows. so i don't know if it will work for the lion guard. but there is hope for it and i hope they do make many more seasons for the lion guard.
goody2shoes

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): simba
Pride Points: 10

Postby moonsugar33 » November 10th, 2019, 10:26 am

I recently caught up on Season 3. Wow!!!! I really really loved it!

But WoOoOoOow there were a lot of animation errors! The walk/runcycles for many animals, including the Night Pride and Vitani's Guard, felt really mechanical and not at all like the weighted pad of a big cat or the careful glide of a bird. They rarely interfaced with their environment in immersive or realistic ways- like when Bunga leapt up Mama Binturong's giant pile of Tuliza flowers and didn't leave footsteps or send any tumbling, or when the Guard jumped on the log to ride down the river to the Pridelands, and nobody dug in their claws or lowered their centre of gravity to in order to stay balanced. It really makes it feel like cutout characters on a flat, static background - the only thing I never noticed any slack on were the shadows. Always an oval gradient shadow right under a character.
:dramaqueen:

In the last episode, mud splashed on Beshte's nose, but when he talked you could see his nose crinkling but the mud splash stayed the same shape. Azaad's nose floated in front of his face as well. You can see how assets are layered in each scene in the animation program really easily, and that's not a good thing.

I felt really strange watching the last episode, where we catch up with the characters from Simba's Pride.
I would really love to see some of those scenes reanimated in the traditional style. Maybe some fan talent could give it a slightly more familiar angle.

My grumbles aside, I adored most of Season 3, especially the last third! My favourite new characters were Baliyo, Queen Janna, and Makini's mother. I thought Kion and Rani's relationship developed at a really appropriate pace and I liked Binga too! I loved the skies around the Tree of Life and the bioluminescent fungi within it. I also thought it was really lovely that Rani could talk to her parents the same way Kion talks to Mufasa - I wish we'd gotten a scene where she talks to her grandmother. But I was amazed and delighted that they dealt with her death as much as they did. They really went and did it! That's exactly the kind of scene I could picture a Disney exec going "Nope, you can't put that in there. Write for the target audience please." But they let 'em! And they did a great job!
I might have bones to pick with some of the voices, some of the finished visuals, y'know :vitaniignored: but I think it all got wrapped up pretty well. The last impactful song I recall is Power of the Roar, which feels fitting, and nice.
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard