Why have the Outsiders been banned from the Pridelands?

Re: Why have the Outsiders been banned from the Pridelands?

Postby KiarasMate » December 20th, 2009, 8:14 am

It's amazing how strongly the majority of the TLK Fandom believe that Zira is/was responsibel for Kopa's disappearance. I myself, believe that this is the case too and even though it's just fans speculating what happened while we try and patch up the loop holes from TLK1 to TLK2SP, it still does make a lot of sense. Seeing how accepting Simba was, and the way his father was too, it would have to take a VERY drastic event to make him have to banish Zira and the rest of The Outsiders (to which we don't exactly know how many that was, per say, as Zira could have just as easily recruited random rogue lionesses after she and how ever many lionesses were banished to The Outlands) but yeah, that's pretty much why The Outsiders were banished. that, and their ties to Scar as well probably didn't gain them much favor in Simba's eyes either. lol.
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

Postby PrincessKiara » December 20th, 2009, 11:32 am

Personally, I don’t believe that Zira had anything to do with Kopas death.

I think they were banished for being loyal to Scar, and refusing to follow Simba.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby KopsTheTerminator » December 21st, 2009, 1:26 pm

Disney says they were exiled because they were royal to Scar. End of story. :roll:
KopsTheTerminator

Postby CrazyNuka » December 21st, 2009, 8:21 pm

After Simba defeted scar and becomes king, He exiled them because of there royal to him. And yes Kopa your right XD
One of the biggest Nuka fans on this forum! I am CrazyNuka but you can also call me CN or Bobby! Let's be friends, shall we? :3 I won't bite! Hehe! I'm just so crazy! Haha!
CrazyNuka
Aaagh this termites!

Well .. I finally got your attention .. didn't I?

Nickname(s): Bobby, CN, Nuka, Booby, Hubba Bubba
Pride Points: 13

Postby thanigraphics » December 21st, 2009, 9:15 pm

Kopa wasn't in the movie universe.... actually you can divide the Lion King universe in three "worlds"

the movies, having Kiara as Simba's doughter
TLK6NA, having Kopa as Simba's son, with Kiara not existing
the games: having almost complete different characters.

From this point of view, I conclude that the banishment of the Outlanders has nothing to do with Kopa. He is NOT killed by them, or by Zira, since Kopa didn't even excist in the movies. I think Simba has banished them for beeing loyal to Scar.
And yes, it's strange that the whole bunch of them, including Zira&Co, weren't in the first movie.... :ehh2:
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Postby LeonKFox » December 22nd, 2009, 8:39 pm

It's one of those things that's open for speculation. I personally agree with the popular notion that Zira tried to kill Simba and Kopa, succeeded in killing the latter but the former survived and banished all of those still loyal to Scar as a result.

However it does leave one little problem, how Simba was ever able to forgive Zira, which he does after the great battle between the two families at the end of the film is stopped by Kovu and Kiara. If she had killed his son I doubt he'd ever be able to forgive her, unless he didn't and only partly agreed with Kovu and Kiara.
LeonKFox

Postby Thani » December 23rd, 2009, 1:12 pm

Well, I wish to coin up a new theory, here for you all to think about; It might have been considered before, so please do forgive me for a possible rehash of old known speculations about the matter:

I believe it was Zira with her cubs that were indiscriminatly banned to the Outlands because of their (and some lioness companion's) close ties to, and willing to aid to Scar's rule, handing out the so-called blankets as a co-ruling power, not only keeping the Hyena's at bay. (It must have been in that time-period she'd got her drive to kill...As she had easy targets to pick consisting of rebelious Hyena's..) But also harrassing the defiant Pridelander lionesses. Instilling a true terror, to keep the former queen and her hunting party at full speed, round the clock massacring of live prey to feed the masses of Scar's followers, and make sure the Pridelanders loyal to Mufasa's ways, and soon to be serving under Simba's reign, were last in line for dinner, whilst working under harsh (If not downright severe!) conditions.

Zira may not have been seen at the Battle for Pride Rock itself, but one can speculate she was out there in the Pridelands, probably giving birth to Kovu. In the aftermath of Scar's defeat, Zira could already be under Simba's suspision after she alledgedly kidnapped cub Shetani (Later named Vitani) from one of the loyal Pridelander lionesses to further Scar's deathwish, creating a legend around the latter, to prepare the remaining Outlanders into a standby-status for war, whenever she deemed fit to attack the royal's their territory.. Often using her cubs as ploy to get a shot at Simba himself, whom she holds for a brutal killer, denying the Outlanders their rights of decent excistance. Yet Zira probably did not know the fact, that it were the Hyena's actually killing her mate, she might have seen Scar fall from the top of Pride Rock, presuming he was dead already when he'd hit the rocky plateau, before being engulfed in a sea of flames.. (She could have identified Scar's remains by estimating the location he fell, observed from a distance, viewed from amidst the confusion of the fleeing Hyena's.

As for Kopa I believe he was attacked by Crocodiles whilst exploring the banks of the river's location. But perhaps he might have survived the ordeal, and simply never been able to return and became a rogue himself, due to his belief, that he couldn't rule the kingdom no more.. (This is based on the scéne where Kiara bumped into Kovu for the first time, and escaped the Crocodiles during her cubhood.)

But I think Kopa's dissappearance was falsely blamed upon Zira, as she was accused violating one of the most fundamental laws of the Great Kings, henceforth she was being labeled a scapegoat.. So in the end, Zira and a few loyal companions were banned to the Outlands under the pressure of false testemonies, whilst this was not known to the royal family at the time Simba exciled them. But this grave error was finally undone by (partly) accepting the former Outlanders back into the Pridelands. Yet tension kept brewing amongst the ever devided subgroups of lionesses, still excisting for a few generations after Zira's fall from power..

I believe Zira knew her chances of survival, and that she limped out of the flood at some place, wandering back into her native homelands, knowing she had survived the three rogue antagonists whom attacked her native pride, by age! I want to refer to Kovu's mere sigh after she fell off the cliff, as a signal that all was going to be allright, not just for the newcomers to the royal pride, but also for his hope of survival of his vanished mother! (There just was alot of water, and not too many logs and debris being shown in TLK-2 at Zira's presumed death.)

That's what I make of it all. Hope it helps your quest for answers! For me personally I like to speculate about the matter aswell, glad to see somebody finally brought up this topic. :)
Lifes for tax, and taxed for life.. We're just a cog in the machine, a number in a scheme.
Welcome to planet Earth...
Thani

Do good stuff, keep going, and you'll know luck!

Location: Purmerend city, North-Holland, the Netherlands, Europe.
Nickname(s): Thani
Pride Points: 0

Postby SimbasMate » December 26th, 2009, 3:00 pm

The outsiders were banned because they were with Scar, and they were loyal to him. It had nothing to do with Zira killing Kopa.In every Disney movie there must be one bad guy. lol
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Simbasdaughterrocks » January 1st, 2010, 7:28 am

yea i agree they were banned because they were loyal to scar right on
Kiara is the bestImageImage
Simbasdaughterrocks

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

You would :/

Pride Points: 3

Postby LadyAnette » January 1st, 2010, 8:47 am

I think it's because Zira killed Simba's first son, Kopa. Prehaps Simba got really angry and banished them. That's just my opinion though. ;)
LadyAnette

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies