The Lion King- Finnish version

The Lion King- Finnish version

Postby Ykskermasellanen » December 27th, 2011, 9:38 pm

In this topic you can ask me about the finnish version of The Lion King-movie. I'll be able to answer almost to any question, since I'm a native finnish. So you can ask anything related to the movie (about the voice actors, It's popularity in Finland or just about the movie itself). I know that the finnish version isn't that popular among the members of this forum, but I hope I get atleast a few questions.
Ykskermasellanen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -1

Re: The Lion King- Finnish version

Postby Noah » December 27th, 2011, 9:52 pm

Do they use the same dubbing voice actors for The Lion King as they do for other movies? I remember reading that some country had the same guy dub the voices for Jafar, Scar, and a whole bunch of Disney villians.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby Ykskermasellanen » December 27th, 2011, 9:59 pm

[quote="Noahcs"]Do they use the same dubbing voice actors for The Lion King as they do for other movies? I remember reading that some country had the same guy dub the voices for Jafar, Scar, and a whole bunch of Disney villians.[/quote]

:lol: yes actually they do use some, but Simba(both adult and cub) and Nala (both adult and cub) for example were pretty new voice actors in the 90's. But they do use some well known finnish voice actors (Mufasa's voice is the most well known) and Sarabi's voice actor also acts as the voice of Zira in the Lion King 2: Simba's Pride.
Ykskermasellanen

Postby AdAstrα » December 28th, 2011, 5:18 pm

They do that in the Swedish versions as well ^ The main characters are usually voiced by well-known people, "celebs" if you will, and the rest are professional voice actors who appear in almost everything animated.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Ykskermasellanen » December 28th, 2011, 7:44 pm

^ So your from Sweden AdAstra...Simba's cub voice actor in the finnish version Christopher Romberg in my opinion did a very good job in his role; his finnish language wasn't too bad for being a person that speaks swedish as his mother language.
Ykskermasellanen

Postby AdAstrα » December 28th, 2011, 8:30 pm

I am. So the kid who voiced cub Simba was Swedish? That's pretty cool.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Ykskermasellanen » December 28th, 2011, 10:08 pm

Well, actually he is Finnish-Swedish (so swedish is his preferred language, but his nationality is Finnish). Anyway swedish is the language he speaks and probably his roots are from Sweden.
Ykskermasellanen

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » December 28th, 2011, 11:00 pm

I was wondering, what are the songs like in Finnish? ^_^
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby Ykskermasellanen » December 28th, 2011, 11:05 pm

[quote="AmyMarieFelton"]I was wondering, what are the songs like in Finnish? ^_^[/quote]

What do you exactly mean? They are a little modifyed; if you want I can but the finnish lyrics here and translate them in direct way to english.
Ykskermasellanen

Postby nathalie » December 28th, 2011, 11:16 pm

All I can add to this is, that I have the original 2003 soundtrack in Finnish, and all voices are very well fitted ^^
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Pride Points: 8

Next

Return to The Movies