Should Pumbaa's backstory have been included?

Should Pumbaa's backstory have been included?

Yes, Timon & Pumbaa are a team and if the audience gets to see the family and former life of Timon, why shouldn't Pumbaa get the same treatment?
52%
No, we already heard what happened to Pumbaa during "Hakuna Matata", there isn't a need to waste time learning about something we know already.
48%

Total votes : 31

Re: Should Pumbaa's backstory have been included?

Postby Lauren » April 20th, 2012, 9:44 pm

[quote="AdAstra"]I personally am way more interested in Pumbaa's past than Timon's. So my answer is yes.[/quote]
Me too. I don't see what would have been wrong viewing Pumbaa's backstory.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Timon the great » July 22nd, 2012, 6:43 am

A story about Pumbaa and gas?? LOL

Now that might be something to look into :P

I don't want to offend anyone or Pumbaa fans. I mean, he is a nice close friend of Timon's and part of TLK. But I firmly think it's pretty much well known that gas is something of his background.

Anyway, on topic, I voted no. Because it was shown in TLK 1 what Pumbaa was all about before he met Timon. It seems to me he was worse off and very lonely. But it's kind of hard for me to think that there would be much more to tell about his backstory other than what was shown in TLK 1. The scene in the Hakuna Matata song pretty much summed it all up.

I did see that there was a deleted scene about Timon's backstory. But I strongly believe the reason they didn't include it in the final piece, was because they knew there was potential to do more with his in the long run. And it shows in TLK 3.
Timon the great
Looking Beyond What He Sees

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Whitelionesseyes » July 26th, 2012, 9:51 pm

Yes
•·.·¯·.·•—(•÷[•·.·´¯`·.·••°¤*(¯`°(At last I see the light)°´¯)*¤°••·.·´¯`·.·•]÷•)—•·.·¯·.·•

••°¤*(¯`Image°´¯)*¤°••
<º)))><•´¯`•±‡±Sing to me the song of the stars, of your galaxies dancing and laughing and laughing again. When I feel like my home is so far sing to me of the plans for which you sent me to this Earth±‡±•´¯`•><(((º>
Whitelionesseyes
••¤(`×[¤Light Crystal¤]×´)¤••

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

•°¤*(¯`°(We Are One)°´¯)*¤°•

Nickname(s): •°¤*White, lioness, WLE*¤°•

Postby Kopalover » July 29th, 2012, 6:08 am

With my opinion, I voted no. Mostly because I really do not favour the Meerkat and the Warthog. Also, in my opinion, there was way too much comedy. It degraded Mufasa's death, and all the dramatic parts. I know this was comedy relief, but it was too much. Adding Pumbaa's scene would just put it way over the top. So me, myself and I, voted No. :)

EDIT: Plus, the 1/2 movie, already destroyed the dramatic parts, for me. Turning them into a joke, I hated it.

Sorry, its just my two pennies! ^.^
Signatures by Shadowfax, thank you love <3
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...AND VAAAAAV

Nickname(s): Zoe, KL
Pride Points: 33

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » August 4th, 2012, 2:10 am

[quote="Kopalover"]With my opinion, I voted no. Mostly because I really do not favour the Meerkat and the Warthog. Also, in my opinion, there was way too much comedy. It degraded Mufasa's death, and all the dramatic parts. I know this was comedy relief, but it was too much. Adding Pumbaa's scene would just put it way over the top. So me, myself and I, voted No. :)

EDIT: Plus, the 1/2 movie, already destroyed the dramatic parts, for me. Turning them into a joke, I hated it.
Sorry, its just my two pennies! ^.^[/quote]

Co-sign so much!
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby InsaneSeagull » August 4th, 2012, 10:23 am

I voted "yes".

I don't know, compared to Timon, he's somewhat like a... left out? I mean, he's only shown as his sidekick and nothing more. It would be nice to see where he comes from. I'm pretty sure he had a family as well. Not a whole story is about Timon! Or it just wasn't supposed to be?

I know about his "gas things" and why he was left by his "friends", but it still doesn't mean that his backstory is not important :?
InsaneSeagull
Asante sana!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Squash banana!

Nickname(s): Kiki, Sponge Bob
Pride Points: 105

Postby Timon the great » April 27th, 2013, 6:42 am

I still don't get how Pumbaa already knew about hakuna matata before Timon. I mean, Pumbaa was already a loner before he met him, to begin with. So I don't see how he would've learned about it elsewhere (including "the monkey"), before meeting Timon.

Although, it could simply be a continuity error or plot hole in the film. But if the primary character focus of this film was to actually be on Pumbaa, then this probably would've all turned out differently.

[quote="Twilight Sparkle"]I voted "yes".
I don't know, compared to Timon, he's somewhat like a... left out? I mean, he's only shown as his sidekick and nothing more. It would be nice to see where he comes from. I'm pretty sure he had a family as well. Not a whole story is about Timon! Or it just wasn't supposed to be?[/quote]
It actually was suppose to be. Might I suggest reading this post I recently made.
Last edited by Timon the great on May 1st, 2013, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby MooLion » April 27th, 2013, 1:00 pm

It does seem a little one-sided. Yet we did already gage a bit about Pumbaa's backstory from TLK. So how much more could be said, really? Especially when considering the film needed to be within a 70-80 minute-odd time limit.
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Luigi Severus » June 30th, 2013, 5:06 pm

Yes, I believe so, all we know is he released gas from his bowels and people scampered away...
He used to give me roses... I wish he would again...
Luigi Severus
Sideshow Bob

Mario

Pride Points: -6

Postby Sigurd » July 2nd, 2013, 3:32 pm

Yes, I would like to see his backstory, it would be entertaining.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Pride Points: 14

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies