How long was Simba in his self-exile?

How long was Simba in his self-exile?

Postby TheLionPrince » June 5th, 2011, 4:59 am

Hi, I'm a new user on this forum, and if this topic has already been dicussed, then, I just didn't know.

In the movie, after Simba flees from the Pridelands after being driven out by the hyenas, how long was the time from Simba when he started his self-imposed exile with Timon and Pumbaa until he returned to Pride Rock.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Re: How long was Simba in his self-exile?

Postby Azerane » June 5th, 2011, 7:56 am

In terms of real lions, males start to have full manes from 4 years of age. Before then, males are rogues and are driven from the pride in real life anyway, only returning to challenge when they are big enough to do so.

So considering Simba's age as a cub when he left was probably around 5 or 6 months old or so. That would put his exile at around 3 1/2 years. Considering he wasn't huge when he returned, possibly partly attributed to the fact that he had been eating grubs for most of his life and perhaps he wasn't quite full adult yet, so he wouldn't have been 5 years old yet I wouldn't think.
Azerane

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby Moka » June 5th, 2011, 8:21 am

^ I agree. Simba wasn't all bulked out at the end of his exile so I would say that the full mane was very fresh, so he was probably 4... 4 1/2 years old at the end of his exile?

Though we can't really trust how "bulked out" he was in the movies if the cub at the end of TLK and at the beginning of SP are the same... *Hopes he didn't just start a flame war*
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby DGFone » June 5th, 2011, 8:29 am

Another thing: it was well established that Scar is physically small and very weak. Simba had a hard time defeating Scar, and size-wise, they were roughly the same. Nor did Simba have a full mane when he came back. He was near the end of his growing period, but not yet a full adult. So I would say he is about five years old. (20 or so in human years).

Also, while Simba didn't exactly know how to fight (I doubt that Timon and Pumbaa taught him how), I don't think that Scar was any good either. Scar was very lazy, and he had his hyenas do all the muscle work. If anything, Scar should have been a push-over. By the fact that he wasn't, it just go to show even more how young and inexperienced Simba was when he finally returned.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Pixie » June 5th, 2011, 9:10 am

I agree. Simba was a young adult.
LxL graphics
Pixie
Photographer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Not afraid to speak my mind. Seriously.

Nickname(s): Pixie, etc.
Pride Points: 10

Postby Azerane » June 5th, 2011, 2:59 pm

[quote="Moka"]Though we can't really trust how "bulked out" he was in the movies if the cub at the end of TLK and at the beginning of SP are the same... *Hopes he didn't just start a flame war*[/quote]

Haha, now that certainly is a whole nother can of worms ;) Up to the viewer's discretion i guess :P
Azerane

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby SimbasGuard » June 6th, 2011, 6:19 am

Since it was obvious (like others have said) that Simba was a young adult when he returned, 4 seems like the right age to me.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby TheLionQueen » June 6th, 2011, 7:07 am

With all this scientific animal behavior (azerane) I Believe Simba was between 4 and 5 being that he didn't have a big mane and he was pretty thin, he also seemed to have a very young look to his face from SP.
TheLionQueen

Nickname(s): Rachel or TLQ
Pride Points: 33

Postby SummerSnowLeopard » June 12th, 2011, 8:57 pm

I always thought it was about 3 - 4 years of exile ;D
SummerSnowLeopard

Nickname(s): Summer
Pride Points: 38

Postby Question » June 13th, 2011, 6:06 pm

I always thought simba was a young male, so a few years at most.
*I'm looking to RP :
*Young Justice
*Dinosaurs
*Nightmare before Christmas
*Yu-Gi-Oh!
Copy/paste this if you're proud to be an atheist too!
Love you emily123!
Question
Red Tornado

Nickname(s): Quezzy, Virus, AWESOMEMOFO, Sab

Next

Return to The Movies