Where is everybody????

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Where is everybody????

Postby BrianGriffinFan » July 9th, 2023, 9:16 am

Why the heck did everyone disappear? What happened to the site? You’d think it moved, but no, there doesn’t seem to be a new one.
BrianGriffinFan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -2

Re: Where is everybody????

Postby MusicLion101 » July 10th, 2023, 10:56 am

The site just died over time dude. It's a shame you weren't here from 2008 to 2014ish. That was a good period. Intact community, lots of fun and banter, hilarious and random drama, so many memes spawned from the goings on here. Interest in TLK naturally died over time and most of us that made this place busy and lively kinda just grew up and moved on to other places and things. I'm afraid you're just too late to the party.

All that being said, there are ways you can start your own community now that don't require server space and a buggy phpBB base.
Laterrrr...

^
|
|
And don't forget it..

YOU LOST THE GAME
http://www.twitter.com/ML101
Follow me on Twitter
MusicLion101
Longest Ban Survivor

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby BrianGriffinFan » July 12th, 2023, 6:17 am

[quote="MusicLion101"]The site just died over time dude. It's a shame you weren't here from 2008 to 2014ish. That was a good period. Intact community, lots of fun and banter, hilarious and random drama, so many memes spawned from the goings on here. Interest in TLK naturally died over time and most of us that made this place busy and lively kinda just grew up and moved on to other places and things. I'm afraid you're just too late to the party.

All that being said, there are ways you can start your own community now that don't require server space and a buggy phpBB base.[/quote]

I’m way too late? How can that be?

Clearly something is going on. Like you said, the place used to be a real forum. Well I’m eager to talk with everyone about LK right now. Even if some old members have lost interest, you’d think new ones would have at least joined??
BrianGriffinFan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Stormy » July 12th, 2023, 5:29 pm

Registration broke all the way in January 2020. Nobody new can join.

The most active Lion King community at the moment I can see is r/lionking on reddit, which gets a good chunk of posts a day.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby BrianGriffinFan » July 14th, 2023, 7:55 am

[quote="Stormy"]Registration broke all the way in January 2020. Nobody new can join.

The most active Lion King community at the moment I can see is r/lionking on reddit, which gets a good chunk of posts a day.[/quote]

Oh, that explains a lot.

Well that really sucks. I had some LK things I wanted to say but it seems I can’t even be a proper part of the fandom now.

Does anyone know why registration broke?
BrianGriffinFan

Postby Ananda » January 1st, 2024, 3:19 pm

They should bring registration back.
Ananda

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Return to Feedback & How-To