What Are Pride Points For?

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

What Are Pride Points For?

Postby Lubaya » April 12th, 2013, 11:47 pm

Ok so I have been given a pride point by an amazing person and I was wondering what they do... :?
Lubaya
"young lioness"

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It's a small world after all

Pride Points: 2

Re: What Are Pride Points For?

Postby Regulus » April 12th, 2013, 11:50 pm

They don't actually 'do' anything. Giving Pride Points is just a way to show appreciation.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Lubaya » April 12th, 2013, 11:54 pm

Oh ok thank you! :)
Lubaya
"young lioness"

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It's a small world after all

Pride Points: 2

Postby FlipMode » April 19th, 2013, 9:25 am

bragging rights
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby MooLion » April 23rd, 2013, 1:13 pm

Can I just use the thread to ask how do you GIVE pride points? The funny thing is I did give one before, but I can't for my life of me work out how to do it now! XD
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby AdAstrα » April 23rd, 2013, 2:41 pm

There should be little buttons next to a user's pride points where you can increase or decrease them:
Attachments
image.jpg
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby MooLion » April 24th, 2013, 6:25 pm

Thanks - That would be it! However I don't actually see those buttons any more. o_0
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby DGFone » April 24th, 2013, 6:32 pm

You can only add/take away pride points for a member once per a certain period of time, at which you won't see the buttons. Some members also turned off pride points for themselves, so they will never have the buttons.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Kal » April 24th, 2013, 7:17 pm

I have not seen the buttons at all since I joined, are there any prerequisites before you can award pride points?
The Quote Hall Of Fame: show
Ou - "Ou iz awezome."
Roku - "Roku is awesome."
Ou - "Kal is awesome."
*Kal bursts into tears of unbridled joy*
The Admiral - "What am I reading?"
Kal
tjúúúú

The fox around these parts.

Pride Points: 28

Postby DGFone » April 24th, 2013, 11:09 pm

If I recall correctly, I think a rule was made that you can't give or take pride points until you yourself revived a certain number. It was 10 or 15, I'm not sure.

Mods, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the reason why you are not seeing the buttons yet.

Correction: 5 it is!
Last edited by DGFone on April 24th, 2013, 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To