Holiday Get Together Broadcast

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Holiday Get Together Broadcast

Postby Tora » December 16th, 2012, 5:37 am

Hello, everyone it's getting close to the holiday season. I've had this idea in my mind for a while and I've talked to KK about it since he likes to do radio broadcasts and those types of things.

My idea is to have a community get together over Skype that includes some interview questions similar to the Podcast that MLK had some time ago except instead of having just prepared questions we have the entire community involved by allowing anyone to ask questions through the MLK chatroom while it's being broadcasted live through Justin.tv.

Anyone is welcome to be on the cast to be interviewed or even co host if you really want to; the more the merrier. I'd love to set a date and time based on those who want to be interviewed's timezones and their availability.

It'd be great to know what you guys think and if any of you are interested in being involved.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Re: Holiday Get Together Broadcast

Postby DGFone » December 16th, 2012, 6:31 am

Problem is that it's the same as the radio, which is why the podcast ended up being with pre-made questions and all that: when you have a bunch of people, 1 channel, and all want to talk: who will get heard at all?

I'de like to help (because I was involved with all of the 3 podcasts), but I won't be available this winter break. :(
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Regulus » December 16th, 2012, 7:05 am

I am totally in no way able to participate in this, unfortunately.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Woeler » December 16th, 2012, 11:29 am

I'd like to help, but have you set a date?
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » December 16th, 2012, 1:59 pm

I'd love to help out and/or answer questions, but as DGFone said, no one is going to be heard if we are all on Skype (voice chat) at once. How about if people take turns or something...

Timezones is definitely something to worry about. I suggest a Saturday for a start. If the American's wanted to do it in the evening, people like me, Frida and Woeler would be hours ahead of you and probably asleep.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby Tora » December 16th, 2012, 2:46 pm

Well guys it just takes a bit of order and discipline. Of course out of the interviewers each will have their own set time to be interviewed. The others can be in the call, but they'll need to as quiet as possible maybe a comment or two here an there, but if things get out of hand I'll just remove some people from the call till it's their turn to be interviewed. Though being the good people we are we shouldn't have a problem with that.

There is not a date yet, but Saturday would probably be best. The time though will be based on the people being interviewed and where they live. Say that a ton join from Europe and only a few from the US then the time will be sometime in which most of the Europeans can be on. Of course I'd like to work a time for everyone so maybe two different broadcasts at different times if it came to it.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Postby Kopalover » December 16th, 2012, 3:43 pm

I really like the idea, but as said by Amy, timezones are a problem. We'd have to set a time when everyone is home and awake to take part.
I'd love to be included. Meeting all of you would be great. Depends on when you decide a date though, so I'll see.
Signatures by Shadowfax, thank you love <3
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

...AND VAAAAAV

Nickname(s): Zoe, KL
Pride Points: 33

Postby FlipMode » December 17th, 2012, 1:09 am

[quote="DGFone"]Problem is that it's the same as the radio, which is why the podcast ended up being with pre-made questions and all that: when you have a bunch of people, 1 channel, and all want to talk: who will get heard at all?
[/quote]

Is it really that hard to shut your mouth and not talk over someone? Wouldn't talk over someone IRL so why should it be any different on Skype? And on addition we have had some pretty big group chats before and it was never a problem.

Sounds like a plan to me. Without knowing the proposed date and time I can't say anything about being able to actually participate but you could probably sign me up. Unless its definitely a Saturday, I can definitely do Saturdays.

Idk about using Skype as the medium for it though. Because that's assuming that everyone here has Skype otherwise they couldn't hear anything lol
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby OuRaion » December 17th, 2012, 1:14 am

I'd do it.

Depending on what day/time it is, but if the time is good, the I'll do it.
OuRaion

Pride Points: 60

Postby Tora » December 17th, 2012, 1:37 am

So far it looks like the following are interested.

OuRaion - Australia
FlipMode - Europe
Kopalover - North America
AmyMarie - Europe
Woeler - Europe

Could you all post your timezones. Since we have a good number of Europeans maybe we'll work with a time best fit for Europe. I'm willing to work even if I, being in North America, have to do it at 3am. :lol:
Tora
Never Forget

Always Remain Hopeful

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To