Chatroom Idea

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Chatroom Idea

Postby DGFone » October 7th, 2012, 2:26 am

I also have to agree with it. I can live with the chat remaining on the front page, but I basically had to train myself not to look at it, because it really is 99% troll posts.

When people said that they wanted to see the chat live again, I don't think they meant that they wanted trolls to post on the chat all the time.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Woeler » October 7th, 2012, 8:45 am

[quote="DGFone"]I also have to agree with it. I can live with the chat remaining on the front page, but I basically had to train myself not to look at it, because it really is 99% troll posts.[/quote]
Le agree
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » October 7th, 2012, 5:45 pm

Troll posts, passive aggressive comments, these children talking about really sensitive information that should not be public are reasons why I don't like the chat. I don't want to be a nannygoat, but some of the [censored] I see there? Damn.
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby simbafan83 » October 7th, 2012, 10:56 pm

i don't think that it would be that hard to code in ingame chat into the Mlk Minecraft game, the ingame function for minecraft exists, people just have to go and test it out outside of the site and then, try to code it into the mlk server

Spoiler: show

simbafan83

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): simbafan83,simba,baridi, simbafan,lkredwallfan
Pride Points: 3

Postby Tora » October 7th, 2012, 10:57 pm

[quote="simbafan83"]i don't think that it would be that hard to code in ingame chat into the Mlk Minecraft game, the ingame function for minecraft exists, people just have to go and test it out outside of the site and then, try to code it into the mlk server[/quote]
UH? What?
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby DGFone » October 7th, 2012, 10:58 pm

[quote="simbafan83"]i don't think that it would be that hard to code in ingame chat into the Mlk Minecraft game, the ingame function for minecraft exists, people just have to go and test it out outside of the site and then, try to code it into the mlk server[/quote]

Minecraft = game running on a game engine with its own chat system

MLK = web forum running on PHP. I doubt that what works in Minecraft will work in MLK, at least, I don't know anyone with the time or knowledge to try and port game code to PHP.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG

Postby Tora » October 7th, 2012, 11:03 pm

[quote="DGFone"][quote="simbafan83"]i don't think that it would be that hard to code in ingame chat into the Mlk Minecraft game, the ingame function for minecraft exists, people just have to go and test it out outside of the site and then, try to code it into the mlk server[/quote]

Minecraft = game running on a game engine with its own chat system

MLK = web forum running on PHP. I doubt that what works in Minecraft will work in MLK, at least, I don't know anyone with the time or knowledge to try and port game code to PHP.[/quote]

Even if that is possible it would cause MLK and the server to constantly be connected and would result in server lag would it not? On top of that the players on the game would constantly be getting messages from people on the website.
Tora
Never Forget

Always Remain Hopeful

Postby FlipMode » October 7th, 2012, 11:18 pm

lol MineCraft? Just an option to collapse the chat and have it hidden would suffice, along with an option to be hidden in the chatroom if you are hidden on the forum itself.
No need to over complicate it much more than that.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Moka » October 9th, 2012, 3:10 am

Most of the things suggested in this topic are highly irrelevant now, as we've decided to take it off the home page.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Tora » October 9th, 2012, 3:15 am

So what does this mean? Now that it has been taken it off the index page what is the next move?
Tora
Never Forget

Always Remain Hopeful

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To