Should there be a rule against spam?

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Should there be a rule against spam?

Postby DGFone » September 13th, 2012, 10:06 pm

Here's another reason why locking topics is the wrong attitude: You lock up one spam topic, believe me, sooner or later, someone will create another topic that will soon enough devolve to spam. Might as well keep the existing spam topics, because at least we know what kind of spam it will be.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Tora » September 13th, 2012, 10:07 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]And Tora - your post appeared just before I posted this but read this post for the same reasons. It actually is NOT the simple when they are always at the top, overshadowing more relevant conversations. Also talk about maturity "Might as well shout down the whole forum if you shut down the den" is probably one of the most immature sounding things I have ever read on this web site.
If you still can not see the problem, there is not enough time in Emmet Browns workshop for me to explain it to you and I bid you farewell.

EDIT - READ the post man, its not Shakespeare! I never said get rid of the den entirely.[/quote]The fact that you took time to reply a plethora of nonsense is laughable. You're simply saying that you are to lazy to click on the individual forum and click on the topics that interest you. Second look around the Den. What do you see? Oh that's right all the topics you wish to lock are the active ones. Shakespeare makes more logical sense than that post you just made.
[quote="DGFone"]Move them to a new location, perhaps? This way, you can have the den be updated with more 'mature' posts and not be as active, and you can still have the spam topics in some sort of 'playground' section.[/quote] Someone that makes sense. I applaud you. :)
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby FlipMode » September 13th, 2012, 10:08 pm

[quote="DGFone"]I have to say this: locking up topics is the wrong mental attitude to this. If you think that the spam threads are such a big problem, try to come up with a solution that doesn't involve locking up the topics, because there are members that like them. Move them to a new location, perhaps? This way, you can have the den be updated with more 'mature' posts and not be as active, and you can still have the spam topics in some sort of 'playground' section.[/quote]

Yes! You see THAT is why I made this thread, for other ideas and solutions / opinions! On that note, I like the suggestion of having something like The Arcade back, but in separate a forum to The Den.

And Tora - your stupidity annoys me, that is all. This place was better before noobs like you came along. You get so defensive (not to mention downright rude) just over an opinion.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Shadowfax » September 13th, 2012, 10:11 pm

Why not just make a fun and games forum, where it doesn't contribute to post count and have the den as it is minus the 'Game' threads. That way, spam should decrease, because people won't be increasing post counts, but people can still have fun when they want without annoying older members and vice versa. We can still have fun in another area of the forum and you can have your forsrs talks in the den. =3
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby KentuckyWildcat » September 13th, 2012, 10:20 pm

[quote="Shadowfax"]Why not just make a fun and games forum, where it doesn't contribute to post count and have the den as it is minus the 'Game' threads. That way, spam should decrease, because people won't be increasing post counts, but people can still have fun when they want without annoying older members and vice versa. We can still have fun in another area of the forum and you can have your forsrs talks in the den. =3[/quote]

I think this is the best solution for everybody. I never read the spam threads, but I think this is a much better idea than trying to determine which threads are meaningful enough to avoid deletion.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.
KentuckyWildcat
Mother don't you cry

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hell don't need me

Pride Points: 7

Postby Tora » September 13th, 2012, 10:20 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]there is not enough time in Emmet Browns workshop for me to explain it to you[/quote][quote="FlipMode"]This place was better before noobs like you came along.[/quote]We got a blind man here who only sees things his way. When someone tells him his way is wrong its immature. Yet the child calls other people disrespectfully a "noob." Aren't you a piece of work? Of course I'm going to be defensive when you rudely call me stupid.
[quote="FlipMode"]"Might as well shout down the whole forum if you shut down the den"[/quote]
Second if you're going to quote someone do it right. [quote="Tora"] It's bad enough you want the chat threads gone, but now you want the Den as well. Ridiculous. Might as well just shut down the forum.[/quote]
With this I bid you good bye. Since you can't talk to someone with even a shred of respect.
--
The idea of a new section for these types of things seems the most logical.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Postby Carl » September 13th, 2012, 10:45 pm

[quote="DGFone"]I have to say this: locking up topics is the wrong mental attitude to this. If you think that the spam threads are such a big problem, try to come up with a solution that doesn't involve locking up the topics, because there are members that like them. Move them to a new location, perhaps? This way, you can have the den be updated with more 'mature' posts and not be as active, and you can still have the spam topics in some sort of 'playground' section.[/quote]

I like this idea for a solution. It seems simplest and most logical to me. If there is another section specifically for those topics, perhaps at the bottom of the forum, everyone who is bothered by them will not have to deal with them. If the people who are bothered don't have to deal with them, and the people who like them don't have to lose them, it will remain peaceful here. I, for one, would like to see this place stay peaceful for longer than a few weeks at a time.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby FlipMode » September 13th, 2012, 10:49 pm

You realise you are as bad as me lol, stupid FGT. Wasnt quoting you I was generalising your post since that was the point you were making.
And BTW ask anyone else here who knows me, I was even a moderator here and I have done more for this site than you would ever know. I can and DO talk to people with respect, I do NOT talk to you the same way because you are rude and defensive and all kinds of negative things such as those. Do not act stupid and immature and I would not feel the need to call you them, would I?

Anyway I am done with you, and not just you but this entire community as a whole. So yeah I bid you, and everyone else a good bye. Enjoy whatever it is you guys think you are doing. I will remember the good times of the past, but if all this place is now is just a spam haven for noobs then I no longer am interested in it, there are other TLK forums out there anyway. I no longer care in the slightest what the result of this thread is, so go ahead and lock it or whatever.
I really am done.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Tora » September 13th, 2012, 10:52 pm

Yep total maturity.
[quote="FlipMode"]you have some real growing up to do (As do all the others you mentioned who will "get mad" over it)[/quote] Such hypocrisy.
Tora
Never Forget

Always Remain Hopeful

Postby FlipMode » September 13th, 2012, 11:02 pm

Hypocrite? Yeah I can live with that. People like you bring out my immaturity so yeah that is fine.
And tbh I dont give a flying [censored] what you or anyone else thinks of me on here anymore lol so yeah whatever really
FlipMode

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To