An Idea

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: An Idea

Postby FlipMode » July 30th, 2012, 8:18 pm

Yeah and other people have done things on Livestream that worked fine so sounds good to me guys.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Woeler » July 30th, 2012, 9:31 pm

[quote="SimbaCanHazDonut"]Well, me and Woeler have a sort of channel at livestream, so i think we could use it, no?, we sorted out how to make those interviews all in live on skype, and the quality of the sound seems to be pretty good, so what do you think?[/quote]
Yep

In fact, we already have the tools on our pc. We found a way to intergrate skype-calls (even conference calls) into the system. It also records by itself so that it can be put on youtube later.

Might be useful if we want to do this.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby Regulus » July 31st, 2012, 1:56 am

Okay everybody.

I tested out Woeler's system and it seems to be working just fine. So, now, I can confirm that I will be hosting a livestream.

The event will take place on Tuesday, August 7th, at 6:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (US and Canada).

Currently, Woeler and DGFone have expressed interest in joining the event via Skype. Which means we have room for one, or maybe two more. First come, first serve. Since the interviews will be conducted over Skype, those will be the three who will be interviewed.

Since this will be live and not recorded, I will also be playing music. In addition to TLK music (of course :P ), I am also taking requests. PM me for that.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Tabby » July 31st, 2012, 4:23 am

[quote="Regulus"]Okay everybody.

I tested out Woeler's system and it seems to be working just fine. So, now, I can confirm that I will be hosting a livestream.

The event will take place on Tuesday, August 7th, at 6:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (US and Canada).

Currently, Woeler and DGFone have expressed interest in joining the event via Skype. Which means we have room for one, or maybe two more. First come, first serve. Since the interviews will be conducted over Skype, those will be the three who will be interviewed.

Since this will be live and not recorded, I will also be playing music. In addition to TLK music (of course :P ), I am also taking requests. PM me for that.[/quote]

*Cough* *cough* ''Woeler's system''? ;)

Victory, at last!
Tabby
Back from the ashes

Nickname(s): Deess, LxL, Jose, Bean, Burrito
Pride Points: 103

Postby Regulus » July 31st, 2012, 6:51 am

Here's the plan:

Woeler1, DGFone, Arani, SimbaCanHazDonut, and I will be hosting the radio.

[quote="DGFone"]Of course, we will absolutely need to always start the show with a playlist of TLK songs. It's okay to vary the song selection and order, but without the songs, the radio is worthless. :P[/quote]

After that, we'll start with the interviews via Skype. Submit your questions here.

Then, we'll move on to some other playlists, mixed in with occasional chit-chat just like KK would do.

This is my first time doing anything like this, and I'm really not sure how it'll all work out. This will really be a sort of trial run, just to see how it goes. You have been warned. :P
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Postby Arani » July 31st, 2012, 7:19 am

Lol, it'll go great, regs!

Will we participate in the chit-chat between songs as well?
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby Regulus » July 31st, 2012, 7:33 am

Yes. That's the whole point. :P
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Postby Arani » July 31st, 2012, 7:42 am

Alright XD just checking. x)
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby Woeler » July 31st, 2012, 11:14 am

Don't you think 5 people at one is a bit chaotic when talking? I think we should take turns between the playlists.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Pride Points: 120

Postby Regulus » July 31st, 2012, 3:08 pm

Yeah, probably. If it comes down to that, then that's what I'll do.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To