Changes

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Changes

Postby Noah » April 9th, 2012, 8:54 pm

I like WS's ideas, although that Foreign Language rule I told him about a while back and he rebuffed it ;)

Also, how about this for an suggestion
The staff has to collective agree before we ban someone or give someone a warning. I know many people seem to think that mods give out warnings to certain members in rage or vendetta and this would basically stop this. Instead of "[insert mod] banned [insert member]", it would be "The Staff banned [insert member]" Then maybe the most recent bannings might not have occurred. IDK. I'm just spitballing.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby Regulus » April 9th, 2012, 9:03 pm

^ Exactly. A checks and balances system.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Misiziri » April 9th, 2012, 9:24 pm

Wow. Not a bad idea at all.
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby Moka » April 9th, 2012, 10:05 pm

I don't so much like the "getting approval from another mod" or the "collaboratively writing a detailed PM" idea. Mods tend to stick together with decisions anyway. Plus I think that would delay the decision and slow us down as staff. I would much rather train the staff correctly the first time to recognize where, when and how to utilize their power and so they can do so appropriately themselves without even having to ask another staff member. Of course they can ask if they need to, but they shouldn't be forced to wait for another staff member to come online to make a decision.

We should definitely ease up a bit on the swearing rule, but I still think there should be something there. I don't think we should let members use the F bomb whenever they please.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby Woeler » April 9th, 2012, 10:15 pm

The F bomb will be censored automatically so i dont see the problem there...
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Pride Points: 120

Postby Noah » April 9th, 2012, 10:17 pm

^That's only if you enable that feature in your "Board Preferences"
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby Woeler » April 9th, 2012, 10:20 pm

[quote="Noah"]^That's only if you enable that feature in your "Board Preferences"[/quote]
Well that's kinda stupid. It needs to be active for everyone. If people have the choice NOT to censore it, then how can you possibly say it should not be done? So you can censore the f word if you want but you're still not allowed to say it. That is stupid.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Pride Points: 120

Postby Moka » April 9th, 2012, 10:30 pm

Uhhh.. The last warnings were because it was said in images. They don't get censored in images, derp.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby FlipMode » April 9th, 2012, 11:02 pm

Only thing is though (IMO) I still have two warnings for swearing at the moment, and it feels slightly unfair to me that the rules are going to change and allow it, when I just got banned for it but meh I guess better fixed now than not at all =D

Also the images are not always warn warranting for swearing, mine was also for sexism in the said image.
I do pretty much agree with everything Moka and WS said though, actually I agree with almost everything in this thread
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Arani » April 10th, 2012, 12:00 am

This is great! I like this and I'll back it up all the way. ^^
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To