An error occurred while loading this topic.

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

An error occurred while loading this topic.

Postby FlipMode » March 26th, 2012, 10:59 pm

Anyone else getting a butt load of errors form this site recently? Particularly a 504 bad gateway error or something? I cant answer my PM (And yes Jiirani if you read this, I did get the message =P), or access the UCP.

What gives?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: An error occurred while loading this topic.

Postby SophieCub » March 26th, 2012, 11:01 pm

Yes! I always get this! I just go onto my messages and then click profile and it lets me on but it's really annoying.
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby Noah » March 26th, 2012, 11:19 pm

Yeah, I got a bunch of these too, particularly last Wednesday and Thursday. I would assume it's a problem with the server. I haven't had problems accessing the UCP or my PMs tho. :confused:
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby Moka » March 26th, 2012, 11:29 pm

There are about 250 people accessing the website right now, things seem a bit sluggish during peak hours. I'll up the server resources again and see if things work better for people. When a lot of people are on, the "heavier" pages (pages that are tougher for the server to load) may timeout giving the 504 error.

The website has to go down for the server to be resized. I will do this later tonight.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby FlipMode » March 26th, 2012, 11:41 pm

T/Y
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » March 27th, 2012, 12:43 am

So it's the same server running out of RAM problem again?
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG

Postby Regulus » March 27th, 2012, 12:46 am

^ Either that, or some other bottleneck, I assume. It never seems to happen to me during the times while MLK is active.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Moka » March 27th, 2012, 12:52 am

It doesn't happen to me either, Regulus. Perhaps some of the international members or those with slower connections experience the problem due to a higher latency.

I'm really not sure what the bottleneck is, but my host only really offers overall upgrades to the server anyways.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Regulus » March 27th, 2012, 12:57 am

Actually, I meant inactive. I get 504 errors frequently this time of day. I need to start proofreading my posts a bit more.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby DGFone » March 27th, 2012, 12:58 am

Lol, because as I am typing this, I already refreshed a page at least 5 times, getting a 504 every single time, and it's still not showing any signs of waking up (a profile page). Yup, it just loaded into a 504.

Edit: After yet another several 504s, I simply gave up trying to load the page. Also, MLK seems to be running extra sluggish right now, but is also the only website to do so. Everything else is running fine.

My internet connection is roughly 1.2 MB/s. I don't know if that qualifies as slow or not, but to give you some information.
Last edited by DGFone on March 27th, 2012, 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To