When you see someone spamming / trolling.

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

When you see someone spamming / trolling.

Postby FlipMode » March 17th, 2012, 1:30 am

What you should do
Report it
Ignore it
If no staff are online, and you can contact them, do so.

What You Should Not Do
Reply to it IN ANY WAY

And why not? Because now when the troll / spam bot or whatever is banned, your message saying "WTF WHY YOU POST THAT HERE!" is still there, and it looks like you are talking to the person above you once the spammers message is deleted. The staff have enough on their plate, without having to go around fixing all the aftermath and it can be avoided if we learn how to deal with it properly...

Remember, they WANT you to react to it!
So if you miss it, be glad you did and move on, do not resurrect it by asking people what happened or continuing to talk about it.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: When you see someone spamming / trolling.

Postby Noah » March 17th, 2012, 1:45 am

That's actually really good advice. But I don't blame any of the people who made that mistake this time around. I'll get to work removing those posts.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby Moka » March 17th, 2012, 1:54 am

And if you find any of the reaction posts, feel free to report them too. It's not against the rules or anything, we just don't want the spam or the reaction to the spam on the forum as both disrupt normal discussion.

Thankfully I got at least one PM, otherwise I wouldn't have signed on. I'm in Denver, after all :P
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby Azdgari » March 17th, 2012, 11:56 pm

[quote="Moka"]Thankfully I got at least one PM[/quote]

Yes, as Fip said, never feed the trolls. They need to learn to survive on their own in the wild without your help. ;3
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Return to Feedback & How-To