Weird things going on in the FAA...

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Weird things going on in the FAA...

Postby Daenerys » May 20th, 2011, 1:54 am

Hey.

To start, there have been weird things going on in the FAA. Let me list them:

1) When I get a new comment, there is a little comment bubble at the top of the screen with a star on it. I click on it and there's the comment list. Then when I see the new comment, I click on the "Go to Comment..." link in the far right of the screen. When I do, a screen pops up saying "This comment does not exist or does not belong to the artist!"

2) You know the image banner at the top of the artist home-page? Well, it's all weird and the FAA logo is right in the middle of it when it should be on the far-left.

3) The tabs that say "Home", "View Artists", "Characters", and "Documentation" are all hidden by the page I'm viewing.

4) When I'm trying to make a comment, my avatar pops out of the little box it's supposed to be in and I can't see the first few letters of what I'm writing.

Anyone else having these problems? :/
Daenerys
♛ queen ♛

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

nightmare dressed like a daydream

Nickname(s): rena/dashie/whatever
Pride Points: 175

Re: Weird things going on in the FAA...

Postby Annie » May 20th, 2011, 2:08 am

I haven't been getting those issues, but some thumbnails haven't been showing up for me.
R.I.P Annie, Holly, Spike, Louie, Mel, Robbie, Mr.H, Molly, Archie, Blobby and Dancer <3
Annie
Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Rawr

Pride Points: 29

Postby Daenerys » May 20th, 2011, 2:10 am

The thumbnails are fine for me. I don't know what's going on.
Daenerys
♛ queen ♛

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Moka » May 20th, 2011, 4:53 am

Hi,

1. Can you copy and paste the link to the comment that does not exist?

2. Sounds like a browser issue. What browser and what browser version are you using?

3. Can I get a screenshot of this? Also, what page are you viewing?

4. Again, sounds like a browser issue. I assume you're using an old version of Internet Explorer.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby Daenerys » May 20th, 2011, 11:49 pm

Another list:

1. http://www.mylionking.com/fan/art/Artists/cheetahstar546/Gallery.php?artwork=6267#comment-436924

2. I am using the lastest version of FireFox

3. The current computer I'm using cannot take screenshots. When I get my computer fixed, I'll post some. And, all the pages that I view have the problem.

4. Latest version of FireFox!
Daenerys
♛ queen ♛

Postby SimbasMate » May 21st, 2011, 12:01 am

Huh, that is happening to me too and I am using the latest version of I.E. :nehneh: Did you try to view it in a different web browser? Idk
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Moka » May 21st, 2011, 12:07 am

That message means that someone made a comment to your artwork, but then someone deleted the artwork itself. Links to the artwork won't work because the artwork doesn't exist. Did you delete it? I know I didn't.

Every computer should be able to take screenshots. Press the PrtScr button on the top row of keys on your keyboard and then paste into Paint or Photoshop or what have you.

[quote="SimbasMate"]Huh, that is happening to me too and I am using the latest version of I.E. :nehneh: Did you try to view it in a different web browser? Idk[/quote]

What exactly is happening to you? There are multiple problems that cheetahstar is encountering.
Moka

Postby SimbasMate » May 21st, 2011, 12:12 am

[quote="Moka"]That message means that someone made a comment to your artwork, but then someone deleted the artwork itself. Links to the artwork won't work because the artwork doesn't exist. Did you delete it? I know I didn't.

Every computer should be able to take screenshots. Press the PrtScr button on the top row of keys on your keyboard and then paste into Paint or Photoshop or what have you.

[quote="SimbasMate"]Huh, that is happening to me too and I am using the latest version of I.E. :nehneh: Did you try to view it in a different web browser? Idk[/quote]

What exactly is happening to you? There are multiple problems that cheetahstar is encountering.[/quote]

Oh, it just keeps saying that the artwork doesn't exist. I just read what you wrote on what it means, so never mind, I thought it was a problem my bad. Sorry.
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Nitro » May 21st, 2011, 12:16 am

I'm using Google Chrome and the avatar-thing is happening to me too. It was annoying at first, but then I thought that it was intentional. Now, I dont know what to think :\
Nitro
Green Rider

Pride Points: 20

Postby Moka » May 21st, 2011, 12:26 am

I've attached two screenshots of what it should look like. Firefox and Chrome have never displayed them differently than what I see in these two screenshots. Do they look different to you?
Attachments
firefox.jpg
Firefox 4
firefox.jpg (33.09 KiB) Viewed 1766 times
chrome.jpg
Google Chrome
chrome.jpg (32.98 KiB) Viewed 1766 times
Moka

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To