Greeting Team

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Greeting Team

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » August 14th, 2011, 9:41 pm

Heheh, don't worry, I loled. To be honest, I laugh at everything, including your avatar =P x
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby Lillian » August 14th, 2011, 10:37 pm

I think this is a good idea too ^^ I mean, I've already been welcomed, alot, and I think it's just a good plan FlipMode.
"It's like your back from the dead...", Nala to Simba, from The Lion King
Avatar and siggy made by Amyz =) Thank you ^^ Oh and userbar made by Amyz aswell =P

Lillian
Nala Fan Forever

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Custom Custom Custom....Text!

Nickname(s): Lilly, Lil, Little Lil
Pride Points: 5

Postby Azdgari » August 14th, 2011, 11:11 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]Thank you, I am glad people are "welcoming" this new idea.... Sorry....[/quote]
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby WildSimba » August 14th, 2011, 11:46 pm

I think this is an alright idea, but as said before, should we not just welcome the members just because we're nice... and actually want to welcome them? Why should there be a reward for something you should do anyways? I think it could make new members feel unwelcome, because they can't just instantly be apart of this welcoming team. I don't see much of a problem in the area of welcoming people, yeah sometimes threads do drop a little bit, but usually someone makes them active within a day or two.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby FlipMode » August 14th, 2011, 11:54 pm

^ It is not any kind of reward... Everyone can still welcome new members of course, in the team or not. Just that this would be a specific group of people dedicated to doing so often. And I do not have a clue how you arrived to the conclusion that a welcoming team would make new members feel unwelcome.
Not as if it needs any specific rules, or requirements to join, more so serving as a reminder for people to welcome noobs.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » August 15th, 2011, 12:03 am

Wouldn't it be better if the greeting team remain anonymous? As in, they won't have any special markings or anything, but are still tasked with greeting every new ember?
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby FlipMode » August 15th, 2011, 9:07 am

[quote="DGFone"]Wouldn't it be better if the greeting team remain anonymous? As in, they won't have any special markings or anything, but are still tasked with greeting every new ember?[/quote]

No. It is not a special marking, because as said before, anyone can be on the team. Why would anyone be envious of something that is open to everyone anyway?

All it is is a group of people who specifically greet new members often, everyone can still do so and everyone can join the team. But then, when you are posting around in the forums and see a little greeting team userbar in someone's sig, it should serve as a subtle reminder for everyone to go and greet some new members.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » August 15th, 2011, 9:25 am

[quote="FlipMode"][quote="DGFone"]Wouldn't it be better if the greeting team remain anonymous? As in, they won't have any special markings or anything, but are still tasked with greeting every new ember?[/quote]

No. It is not a special marking, because as said before, anyone can be on the team. Why would anyone be envious of something that is open to everyone anyway?

All it is is a group of people who specifically greet new members often, everyone can still do so and everyone can join the team. But then, when you are posting around in the forums and see a little greeting team userbar in someone's sig, it should serve as a subtle reminder for everyone to go and greet some new members.[/quote]

Guess that works. It's just that imagine that you are a new member, and you are greeted by members of MLK. And then you see the little Greeter's marker. Oh, so it's their job...

To me, at least, it feels more like a legitimate greeting if it's done by members who don't advertise that they're job is to greet everyone.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby SophieCub » August 15th, 2011, 9:31 am

Great idea! I'd also love to be part of this team. New members are the future of MLK. :)
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby KopsTheTerminator » August 15th, 2011, 9:59 am

[quote="Azdgari"]Err... shouldn't we greet people because we're friendly, not because it's our job? x3[/quote]

Agreed. I don't believe this is needed... It's not helpful nor exactly better, I mean c'mon, greeting people just because you're part of a team and not out of actual kindness? xD It seems kinda offensive to me... And if we're all free to greet people but still have a team, why have a team in the first place?
KopsTheTerminator

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To