[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Animal Agriculture & Factory Farms — My Lion King Forum

Animal Agriculture & Factory Farms

What's your stance?

Vegan - I love animals!
13%
Carnivore - and don't tell me what to eat!
67%
Not sure/undecided
20%

Total votes : 15

Re: Animal Agriculture & Factory Farms

Postby Carl » November 27th, 2016, 7:09 am

Tbh I don't want animals to suffer unnecesarily or anything like that, but I'm not very educated on the subject and don't really have the desire/willpower to become educated on it atm, though the posts here are interesting to read. Humans are omnivores, and I become very letharhic and weak if I don't eat meat, so I'm going to eat meat. Not to mention it's expensive not to here and I'm very broke. Other people can be vegan or vegetarian or whatever if they want, but as with anything, the minute they try to forcibly convert me is the minute I'm done with them. I'll do me and you do you.

I haven't actually met any vegans to my knowledge, though, and most of the vegetarians I've met have been cool and don't care what other people eat.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Gemini » November 27th, 2016, 10:50 am

Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Squeely » November 27th, 2016, 11:33 am

Isn't veal usually made from keeping young cows very weak? If so, I think veal should be illegal everywhere, as that is unethical. This is the only meat I would argue we need to stop the production of.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Gemini » November 27th, 2016, 11:51 am

Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Squeely » November 27th, 2016, 1:10 pm

I recall hearing about veal calves not being able to walk due to how they were kept. Could have been misinformation.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Gaze » November 27th, 2016, 8:14 pm

Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby Azdgari » November 28th, 2016, 2:44 am

[/spoiler]
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Carl » November 28th, 2016, 6:02 am

Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Tora » November 28th, 2016, 8:31 am

Ok now to sound like an arrogant Image.

If you're a vegan great. If you're a vegetarian great. If you just don't want to eat meat great. However you can not tell me that eating meat is "morally" wrong. These "animals" are nothing more than our food. Their lives are solely to be our food. All these activists who go around preaching about how animals have "feelings and thoughts" contribute to nothing more than anthropomorphism. These animals wouldn't even have lives if not for us farming them for their meat. Literally almost all of these "poor" animals are a product of our farming. These animals who are so precious to some wouldn't even be alive if not for the meat industry.

Now before you all get your panties in a wad.

I think that these animals however should be treated as humanely as possible. They shouldn't be beaten to death or unnecessarily abused. They should atleast be allowed to live somewhat comfortably as much as economically possible. After all they aren't a piece of trash. They are living beings and deserve to at least have some form of comfortability. That being said they are still a possession to be bought and sold. Humans and animals just aren't equal and they never will be. An animal is just that. An animal; nothing more nothing less. I imagine there will be strong disagreement with what I said and to those of you who do congrats and I hope to see compelling arguments.
Tora
Never Forget

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Azdgari » November 29th, 2016, 4:44 am

[/spoiler]
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

PreviousNext

Return to The Den