101 dalmations

Re: 101 dalmations

Postby AdAstrα » July 4th, 2011, 11:23 am

Yeah, I think I have to watch it now :)
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Simbadacub » July 5th, 2011, 10:18 pm

Lawl I haven't seen this in ages. Its pretty good. ^^ I liked Lucky and Patch. :nehneh:
Simbadacub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FlipMode » July 5th, 2011, 10:23 pm

It is another one of those Disney films I watch for nostalgia purposes, and then end up wandering what happened to the Disney of the old days (though not all their new stuff is necessarily bad). But if you watch it, the level of detail is really astonishing, much like how in The Lion King you can see small creatures in the background and stuff.
It all adds together to make for immersive and captivating animation, unfortunately modern day Disney seems to rely on jokes, and stale one dimensional characters...
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Jiirani » July 5th, 2011, 10:29 pm

[quote="Simbadacub"]Lawl I haven't seen this in ages. Its pretty good. ^^ I liked Lucky and Patch. :nehneh:[/quote]

Ah, same <3 101 Dalmations is one of my favorite Disney films. The remake was decent, I guess. I thought it was pretty well known to be honest. I can still remember having the video game for the dreamcast xD So much fun.

I agree with Flip on the above. Disney makes so many movies a year, I miss the days when they would spend years perfecting everything the film was about. Hard work, i'm sure, but it payed off, after all, these films are classics.

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

Postby FlipMode » July 5th, 2011, 10:33 pm

Yeah what I like about the remake is that, it came out in 2000+, but the film is set in 1960s so they really had to do their research with it and recreated London as it was seen in the 60s. Whereas the original came out in the time it was set in, so they had all the source material already there. They also nailed Cruella in the remake (hmmm that came out a bit wrong, I meant the actress did a pretty fantastic job of portraying her character and it really bought her to life, again detail!)
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Jiirani » July 5th, 2011, 10:35 pm

^ You're quite right there. I remember how accurate they made it, and Cruella did look like herself. It's nice that they managed to make something so well, especially considering it was live-action.

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

Postby Question » August 27th, 2011, 5:31 pm

I adore 101 Dalmatians. Its one of their best movies, and one of my top faves. Pongo is adorable.
*I'm looking to RP :
*Young Justice
*Dinosaurs
*Nightmare before Christmas
*Yu-Gi-Oh!
Copy/paste this if you're proud to be an atheist too!
Love you emily123!
Question
Red Tornado

Nickname(s): Quezzy, Virus, AWESOMEMOFO, Sab

Postby Buffy » August 27th, 2011, 5:38 pm

I have to be honest, I can't seem to remember the animated version... I remember having this little 101 Dalmatians book, and I remember the dogs rolling in soot so they'd look like black labs! Haha!
But the only version I can remember clearly is the live action movie, which I LOVE!!! I even like the 2nd one haha! But the live action version is definitely one of my favourite dog films :)
Going to have to re-watch the original animated one though ^^
Buffy
once i present, but then

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby PridelandsPhantom » August 27th, 2011, 7:30 pm

I love 101 dalmations! I have had the original dalmations on VHS for as long as I can remember, so it was probably bought when I was three or four. I had a stuffed Dalmation puppy I called Lucky, he had a collar and everything. I love the animated film, the original, the best. Then again, I am dog crazy lol. My favorite part is when the dog family is watching Thunderbolt on TV. My favorite puppy is Lucky and I do love Perdy.

The live action movies: The first live action one was okay. I really did love Glenn Close as Cruella. It made me sad though that people went out and bought dalmation puppies which ended up in shelters:(. I saw the second one because my niece was young and I did not like it at all. I am also not too fond of the animated series. In the first live-action movie I liked Dipstick the best.
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby Timonluver1 » August 28th, 2011, 5:07 am

i love the live action version. at first i watched it for the puppies. now i watch it because i recently found out Hugh Laurie (House) is in the movie. i had no idea he was Jasper!

I love you Nukakun
a gift from my BFF Jenna

Spoiler: show
THANK YOU JENNA!
Timonluver1
Mother of Timon's Children

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Friends stick together til the end.

Nickname(s): Alice, Alicia
Pride Points: 11

PreviousNext

Return to The Den