I'm So Excited to Join this Amazing Forum!

I'm So Excited to Join this Amazing Forum!

Postby amani88 » July 25th, 2015, 11:22 am

Greetings! It is a privilege to be part of the MLK Forum! I’m a rather unconventional TLK fan, but I guess we all are in some way :)

NAME: Amani88. As you know, Swahili plays a huge role in TLK (isn’t that right “Lion”, err, I’m mean “Simba?”) So, I picked a Swahili word which I hope both describes something I value greatly, and what I’m sure TLK brings to all of us: amani, “peace.”

AGE: 26 (which, by the way, is the age in human years for a two year old house cat! Don’t know If the conversions work for lions, though. . .)

OCCUPATION: I am a newly hired Catholic Religion/Theology and Biology teacher.

HOW I FOUND OUT ABOUT YOU: Well, in my extensive research and inquiry into the animated, anthropomorphic series predominantly featuring characters of Panthera leo, I came across your esteemed site for “Lion King aficionados (Ha, more like: Wow! Look at all this stuff the Google shows when I type in “The Lion King”. ..Hey, what’s this?!? A forum dedicated to TLK!?! KEWL!)

HX TLK: I’ve never forgotten the first few times I saw the ‘Lion King”, sitting on the tile floor of my parents’ house in Louisiana, in front of a definitely non-HD (and certainly not-so-flat screened) TV! The characters I loved the most as a “cub” were Simba and Timon. Fast forward about a decade later to the beginning of my college days (and the blessed arrival of HD, flat screen TVs!). . . thanks to some intensive re-immersion into the Disney magic of the 90’s, my love for TLK was re-awakened! Mufasa and Rafiki are my favorite characters now (but honestly, with their stern but serene presence, still kinda scare and challenge me . . . but in a good way).

WHAT I HOPE TO FIND: Hmm. . .I enjoy the music and art of the Lion King, so any discussion on that would be great. I used to draw, but alas, I don’t have much time to bust out Prismacolor pencils and paper and draw something from TLK. However, I do play piano (at least at an average level) and LOVE the score and music for TLK series (especially “This Land,” one of the few pieces that brings me to tears). Most importantly, I am absolutely fascinated by the religious/spiritual/philosophical allusions of the Lion King (especially any Christian themes . . . I know, “surprise, surprise” coming from a theology teacher )!! If anyone would ever like to discuss ANY such views on this (or other aforementioned topics), I would love to hear your take!! (Obviously, I would never denigrate anyone, or coerce any beliefs on anyone, on account of their religious beliefs(s) and/or lack thereof). I hope to both grow in admiration of this film with the rest of y'all of you and hopefully develop some friendships along the way!

Well, this night owl-now-early-bird has to hit the hay. . .G’night!
amani88
Look inside yourself, Simba.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

You are more than what you have become.

Nickname(s): Den
Pride Points: 0

Re: I'm So Excited to Join this Amazing Forum!

Postby OuRaion » July 25th, 2015, 2:24 pm

Hello, and welcome to the forum! I'm sure you can easily make some friends here through discussing The Lion King; I know I did! I hope you enjoy your time here :)
OuRaion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 60

Postby juhouh » July 25th, 2015, 2:24 pm

Welcome to the pride, Den! :salute:
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby NaiaRulez » July 25th, 2015, 2:47 pm

Welcome to MLK, Den! Hope you make a lot of friendz, read the rules and of course, have a lot of fun!
By the way, I'm TheSassyNala, but you can call me Nala, as you prefer :P
NaiaRulez

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Naia, Nai
Pride Points: 11

Postby Ninaroja » July 25th, 2015, 4:25 pm

Welcome to the board Amani! What a great name :D

I'm one of the MLK moderators - any questions or concerns don't hesitate to send me a message :D
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby DGFone » July 25th, 2015, 4:43 pm

Welcome to MLK, Amani! I am sure you will enjoy it here! :)
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Iberian » July 25th, 2015, 5:20 pm

Last edited by Iberian on October 10th, 2016, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iberian

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby SimbasMate » July 25th, 2015, 5:33 pm

Welcome to MLK. I hope you enjoy your time here and happy posting. :)
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby SlayerOfLight » July 25th, 2015, 6:31 pm

Welcome to MLK, you seem like a quite intelligent person. Something we could definately use in this forum.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby SimbaPrescott » July 25th, 2015, 7:17 pm

Welcome to MLK! :D
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Next

Return to Introductions