Board index

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ] 
Author Message
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership

Joined: March 13th, 2012, 6:46 am
Posts: 75
Pride Points: 4
Nickname(s): Socks
PostPosted: March 16th, 2012, 6:41 pm 
Post subject: Re: Useless characters?



Noah wrote:
Apologies to anyone who likes her, but I never found Vitani to be of any value to the story. She's basically there as a thing for Nuka to talk with (and don't even get me started on him) ;)


Well I always liked Vitani's persnality (very much a tomboy myself) I can sort of see your point though, SP felt like it had more new characters than it knew what to do with. Vitani played an important role in the end fight scene though, where she's the first to step forward in agreement with Kiara. I think that fact that she's Zira's daughter made that more emotional too.


Image



Offline 
 Profile album
 
 

Submersible Hyena
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Joined: October 22nd, 2011, 11:10 pm
Gender: Female
Posts: 901
Pride Points: 39
Location: The (real) Jersey Shore, NJ US.
Nickname(s): CGW
PostPosted: March 16th, 2012, 8:06 pm 
Post subject: Re: Useless characters?



Noah wrote:
Apologies to anyone who likes her, but I never found Vitani to be of any value to the story. She's basically there as a thing for Nuka to talk with (and don't even get me started on him) ;)


OMG NOAH VOICE OF REASON.

I am so sorry, (especially to Farren because you're new and don't know what a grumbly old original-only-SP-sucks blowhard I am, LOL) but seriously Vitani is the most overrated thing in TLKdom D:

The only reason Vitani exists is because they couldn't write the Hyenas into the sequel, I am convinced. She's a blonde/blue prettier, less-scary-for-the-kiddies Shenzi stand-in.

I'd like to say Nuka's useless, too, because I'm annoyed/prejudiced against him for the same reason, but at least his death is a pretty major catalyst for the plot.


-------------------------------------

Image
The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+


Offline 
 Profile album
 
 
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership

Joined: March 13th, 2012, 6:46 am
Posts: 75
Pride Points: 4
Nickname(s): Socks
PostPosted: March 16th, 2012, 9:00 pm 
Post subject: Re: Useless characters?



cleargreenwater wrote:
I am so sorry, (especially to Farren because you're new and don't know what a grumbly old original-only-SP-sucks blowhard I am, LOL) but seriously Vitani is the most overrated thing in TLKdom D:

The only reason Vitani exists is because they couldn't write the Hyenas into the sequel, I am convinced. She's a blonde/blue prettier, less-scary-for-the-kiddies Shenzi stand-in.


:lol: Lmao don't apologize, I see what you're saying and I actually agree with it to a certain point, Vitani and Nuka DO take the place of the hyenas and I do feel their main point in the story was for comic relief (still upsets me how they changed the lines in Nuka's final scene...would have made it so much more emotional) I guess I'm just a sucker for the tomboy characters, haha. I much prefer the original movie too but I don't hate SP.


Image



Offline 
 Profile album
 
 

Submersible Hyena
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Joined: October 22nd, 2011, 11:10 pm
Gender: Female
Posts: 901
Pride Points: 39
Location: The (real) Jersey Shore, NJ US.
Nickname(s): CGW
PostPosted: March 16th, 2012, 11:55 pm 
Post subject: Re: Useless characters?



Farren wrote:
cleargreenwater wrote:
I am so sorry, (especially to Farren because you're new and don't know what a grumbly old original-only-SP-sucks blowhard I am, LOL) but seriously Vitani is the most overrated thing in TLKdom D:

The only reason Vitani exists is because they couldn't write the Hyenas into the sequel, I am convinced. She's a blonde/blue prettier, less-scary-for-the-kiddies Shenzi stand-in.


:lol: Lmao don't apologize, I see what you're saying and I actually agree with it to a certain point, Vitani and Nuka DO take the place of the hyenas and I do feel their main point in the story was for comic relief (still upsets me how they changed the lines in Nuka's final scene...would have made it so much more emotional) I guess I'm just a sucker for the tomboy characters, haha. I much prefer the original movie too but I don't hate SP.


Coolies XD

It's actually that people use "spunky" & the like to talk about Vitani more than anything that makes me spazz about her. I have MAJOR issues with "spunky", it kinda makes me throw up in my mouth and it doesn't matter what the franchise. (Minus 1 for Kiara!) And then you add someone calling a tomboy character "spunky" and I get even more ill. (Minus 8,000,000 for Vitani!) That's kinda what I meant about Vitani being a watered-down swap out Shenzi--the Hyenas were funny, but they were seriously legit scary villians, too. Vitani ISN'T, she's the cardboard tomboy prop that has no real purpose in the film that people call "spunky" or "scrappy" in cutesy speak and make my stomach turn D: And neither her nor (oh god no) Nuka ARE at all funny >_<

They're just fail, I already RAEGED about it once this week already, though. :lol:


I just feel so betrayed by so much about SP in general. If it wasn't for some of the wonderful fan works that have come from it that FORCE me by their sheer awesomeness to appreciate it a teeny bit, I would write it off completely as bad sequel garbage.


-------------------------------------

Image
The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+


Offline 
 Profile album
 
 

Scar Rules
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership

But I still like Simba ;)

Joined: August 5th, 2012, 4:17 pm
Gender: Female
Posts: 567
Pride Points: 9
Location: UK, the Pridelands, Panem, District 9 3/4
Nickname(s): SNSZ123, Shaz, snaz, Twin(GeminiGemelo)
PostPosted: August 10th, 2012, 5:16 pm 
Post subject: Re: Useless characters?



I think there were several useless characters, but just so you know:

The lady who was voicing Sarabi died a few years after TLK1 :( so that's why she wasnt in it


Image
Userbars and Extra stuffs: show
Image
Thanks Julie Skywalker for my AWESOME siggy and avvy :-D


Offline 
 Profile album
 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ] 


Board index


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


cron
Copyright ©2006-2010 by Moka & My Lion King

Proudly powered by phpBB Version 3.0.7
Copyright © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

Karma functions powered by Karma MOD © 2007, 2009 m157y