What drawing program do you recommend?

Want to show your art to other artists in a gallery setting? Check out the Fan Art Albums!

What drawing program do you recommend?

Postby LilTiger » August 16th, 2009, 8:17 pm

I have a question for all of you fanartists, whatb program do you use? Because that's what I'd want for Christmas. Since I'm sick of MS Paint, even though it's a good program, I want to try something different. So, any sugesstions?
ImageImageImage
Sig by Simbaholic, userbars by WildSimba and Simba.
LilTiger

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

~*~

Nickname(s): LT, Lil, Tiger, LilT, ZM, Zira, Bored

Re: What drawing program do you recommend?

Postby Simba » August 16th, 2009, 9:41 pm

I use Paint Shop Pro, which I think is what TS uses too. it's a great program, you can tons of stuff with it. I have the Photo X2 Ultimate version by Corel. I think there might be a discount on it right now from Corel, but I'm not sure. you might be interested in something cheaper, but this is the only program I use anymore 8-)
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Postby NightyByeSparrow » August 16th, 2009, 9:56 pm

I use Photoshop Elements, which, if you don't want to buy or simply can't afford the full CS version of Photoshop, is an excellent and pretty inexpensive program (Adobe.com says it's about 120 dollars, but can be found for less in other stores).

For a free program, I would recommend GIMP.
I haven't tried out any Corel products, so I wouldn't know about those... :P
NightyByeSparrow

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Sparrow
Pride Points: 3

Postby LilTiger » August 16th, 2009, 10:12 pm

[quote="NightyByeSparrow"]I use Photoshop Elements, which, if you don't want to buy or simply can't afford the full CS version of Photoshop, is an excellent and pretty inexpensive program (Adobe.com says it's about 120 dollars, but can be found for less in other stores).

For a free program, I would recommend GIMP.
I haven't tried out any Corel products, so I wouldn't know about those... :P[/quote]
I went to Staples today and they had Photoshop Elements 7, and it was $80.00 bucks. LOL. And they had Photoshop CS4, it was $600.00 bucks. But I really want a program until I ask Santa for Photoshop CS2, I heard it's good.
ImageImageImage
Sig by Simbaholic, userbars by WildSimba and Simba.
LilTiger

~*~

Nickname(s): LT, Lil, Tiger, LilT, ZM, Zira, Bored

Postby Simba » August 16th, 2009, 10:18 pm

Paint Shop Pro is also by Jasc Software. I'm not sure which would be better though. or if Jasc has it in Photo X2 Ultimate.

I think I have Photoshop Elements 3, but I haven't figured it out yet. but I'd say that any new program takes time to get used to. whoa, $600 is almost the price of Flash! which is what I'm wanting for Christmas lol.

but if you're just wanting something until Christmas if you think you might get Photoshop or something, then I'd say GIMP or this thing...I believe it's Paint.net? I've only heard of it.
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Postby KingKivuli » August 16th, 2009, 10:27 pm

I use CS2, its how I colour stuff in. I could do graphics but theres no way ill get to the standard that some people are. I did make the main signature on here, and my YT backgrounds (yes i have 2)
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Return to Fan Art