An incedental CGW TLK fanart thread.

Want to show your art to other artists in a gallery setting? Check out the Fan Art Albums!

An incedental CGW TLK fanart thread.

Postby cleargreenwater » February 22nd, 2013, 1:24 am

Every once in a while I draw. And sometimes I even want to share what I draw despite not doing it often. Such as now.

There is a contest over on TLKFAA for your ideas on "Fluffy", and actually hadn't ever thought of this until now, so thank you to Arju, who thought of & is hosting the contest over on TLKFAA, for forcing me out of Denial for exactly 3 days, just long enough to think of it. I now return to swimming.

So what ARE my thoughts on Fluffy?

Well....

I don't always acknowledge that SP exists and concede that Kopa is not in it, but when I must, I prefer this story and am sticking to it.
.....Except I felt like writing good old-fashioned cheesey fanfic more than drawing even though it's a largely visual contest, and so modeled my contribution after the split-page style of TLK6NA since I love & prefer them so much.

They Would Still Eat Better Than Grubs.png

Asante is from "Friends for Life", which is NOT a fanfic, it's an actual TLK product, a German-language audio-cassette drama released shortly after the first movie. WHICH WOULD HAVE MADE A MUCH BETTER SEQUEL, by the way, as Akril has noted.

Link to that audiodrama, which I insanely recommend, is here--> http://akril15.com/tlk/FriendsForLife.html

So much nuance lost between these old original TLK release sub-canon materials and what we get in Simba's Pride!

But y'all know how I get with that :lol: :P
Last edited by cleargreenwater on February 22nd, 2013, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Re: A thread of incedental CGW TLK fanart.

Postby Akril » February 22nd, 2013, 3:48 am

That was great! I wish I had the drive to work on the Friends for Life/Fight for the Throne midquel/sequel I had an idea for months ago. (Seriously, there is way too little fan art of Kopa and Asante out there.)
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 22

Postby Regulus » February 22nd, 2013, 4:19 am

I spent longer than I care to admit trying to remember what "Asante" was. Never knew about this. :)
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby cleargreenwater » February 22nd, 2013, 2:05 pm

[quote="Regulus"]I spent longer than I care to admit trying to remember what "Asante" was. Never knew about this. :)[/quote]

You mean you aren't bilingual in Swahili? I thought everyone was! :P :lol:

I can only imagine what native speakers think when they watch the movies in their own language :-o

The audiodrama is definitely one of the true gems of the subcanon, though, for sure.

[quote="Akril"]That was great! I wish I had the drive to work on the Friends for Life/Fight for the Throne midquel/sequel I had an idea for months ago. (Seriously, there is way too little fan art of Kopa and Asante out there.)[/quote]

Hehe, thanks!! :D

Yes, if I HAVE to write Kopa out to make room for SP, then this is my only personally acceptable arrangement XD It makes as much sense as any other theory out there! I'd still rather leave them all safe & happy in the Pridelands for infinity, though :lol:

I hear you on motivation, though, I've been meaning to draw something with them ever since you did that picture and reminded me those were out there, it just hadn't happened yet. A "Kopa disappearence" story wasn't at all what I wanted to do, but this contest at least got me off my butt and forced me to do SOMETHING, so.

For that matter, I'd really really even love to see some "more" TLK6NA fan-made "books"/stories. So much of the focus on Kopa seems to just be his demise or alternate realities. I'd like to see someone just.....extending/expanding on the magic of those books.

But yeah..... *shakes head*

.......If I had more motivation, I'd draw a huge sub-canon picture of Kopa's Birthday Party with all his subcanon friends, Kopa would be trying to trip Beba, the two monkeys would be starting a cake-fight with the Afua, Asante would be cramming cookies in her mouth like there's no tomorrow, and an elderly Boma would be in the back there like "SHUT UP YOU BRATTY CHILDREN! >(" with Leo balking next to him that his family doesn't carry on like that....it'd be just beautiful, LOL :lol:
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Return to Fan Art