Graphics tablet?

Want to show your art to other artists in a gallery setting? Check out the Fan Art Albums!

Re: Graphics tablet?

Postby DGFone » October 11th, 2012, 3:40 am

My sister has a Wacom tablet, but the drivers for it tend to be troublesome (at least with Linux). She's a lefty, and needs to flip it upside-down to use properly, but also according to her, it depends on the model specifically.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Regulus » October 11th, 2012, 3:47 am

I have the bamboo capture. I don't really have any complaints about the tablet itself, especially for its sub $100 price tag. The only thing I don't like is the short cable length, but luckily I have a longer one that I use.

And, the nibs will wear down quickly, but I don't think there's any way around that. Luckily mine came with replacements.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Tekir » October 11th, 2012, 4:03 am

I've got a Bamboo Connect from Wacom and it's working quite good.
There a 3 feet cable comming with it and you have different options for right-handed and left-handed people.
The tablet's sensivity is quite good and it's very receptive.

Though, like Regulus pointed out, the nibs of the tablet's pen wear down very quickly. Wacom tablet usually come with a few replacement but if you draw a lot then they won't last long and you'll have to purchase some extras.

Still, they've got a good price/quality ratio for their products.
^Amazing sig by SCHD or La'Vie. Thanks a lot! =D
Ask me stuff! | Fanart | OT art
Tekir
That guy with a hat

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

You're despicable

Nickname(s): Tek, Tigerhat
Pride Points: 27

Postby AdAstrα » October 11th, 2012, 9:30 am

I have a Wacom Bamboo one and I love it! They can be pricey though, if you're just starting out I believe there are cheaper ones that work just fine. I'd have a look on Amazon or something.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Shadowfax » October 11th, 2012, 9:40 am

I got my wacom bamboo tablet in the sale for £50 and i've never looked back. I love it. It comes with a fair few ends as like people have said, they do wear out, though mine don't that fast. I've had my tablet for a year and im still on my second top =3 So yes, wacom is probably the best to go for ^^
Shadowfax
Never give up;

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby AdAstrα » October 11th, 2012, 6:58 pm

Actually, I've had mine for nearly 2 years and still haven't had to change the nib! xD I have used it a fair bit too. I think it will need replacing soon though as it's getting quite worn out now...
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Kohu » October 16th, 2012, 10:44 pm

Wacom is amazing. :) I love their Intuos line, but the Bamboo line does very well too, and it's cheaper.

The Intuos come with extra nibs - I wear mine down every few months, so it's not too bad, and I haven't had to purchase extras yet. ^^
Kohu

Nickname(s): Kohu
Pride Points: 6

Return to Fan Art