Toutrial: How to make music for free and upload it to MLK?

Toutrial: How to make music for free and upload it to MLK?

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » August 16th, 2012, 9:00 pm

Hello everyone, today I will be showing you how to write a song, and make it elegible to upload on MLK! Read this step-by step tutorial, and you will be on the track to becoming a master song writer.

1. Go to http://www.musescore.org and download the program. This is the program which we will use to actuly write the song.

2. Press run then run again. Then do the wizard. Now you should have the program musescore.

3. Open muescore, the example song shall come up. Than click the new button on the top of the page. Name your song add a copywrite, but don't get too fancy because fans won't see the sheet.

4. Select the instruments, you got a choice of keyboards, brass, woodwind etc. I have no clue what the next page is, so I just skip it. Than finally chose the time and how many bars you will use and click finish.

5. Press 'n' or click the note entry button on the toolbar. After this press 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 to select a Note.

6. Then click where you want the note to go on the cleffe or press a key a-g(alphabetically) to insert the note. E.G. Press b to insert a b, d, a d, a, an a etc.

7. Continue writing your song, if it lands on the write letter but wrong note press clt arrow key up/down. To move a note to a sharp or a natural just press arrow keys up/down. Because If you just click it will add a new note on top of it like some notes you will see in piano music.

8. To insert a dotted note or a sharp note then click it up the top. There aren't any shortcut keys for it.

9. Continue writing your song. Then if there are any vocals, delete them. We will add them using the next program. But if you're interested to have sheet music for your song then instead of deleting it go to view>volume and turn the vocals right down. Unless you want lo lo lo lo. But to delete it press I to open insteaments.

10. Press space to play over, it is very low because you need a lot of insteaments to make a musecore song. If it is crackly go to view>toner and fiddle with the up and down bars.

11. Finish writing your song and like it? Then press file> save. Then click the down bar and select wave.

From here you can do 2 things.

For Vocals
12. Download Audacity

13. Open your song

14. Add Vocals

15. Export as MP3

or

For no Vocals
12. Download a Wave-MP3 Converter.

13. Convert it to a MP3 File.

14/16. finally upload it to MLK as an atachment.
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Check Y'all

Nickname(s): Link, Kitva KKVK4
Pride Points: 17

Return to Off-Topic Creativity