[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH) — My Lion King Forum

The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH)

Re: The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH)

Postby Dark Huntress » February 7th, 2014, 8:17 pm

Rhinnëa cocked a brow and folded her slender arms across her chest. "Ah...," she nodded. "So he wasn't upset so you were upset so now he might be pissed at you for being upset that he wasn't upset? That seems reasonable." She shrugged.

"My head hurts from here!" Eyulf called across the clearing. Rhinnëa shot him a dark look before turning back to Rivera. "Just talk to him and see if he's even upset," she gave her friend a smile before laughing drily. "I'm very sure I'm the worst being in Algäesia to give relationship advice."

She puffed out her cheeks before sidling up next to Gweir. "Good morning!" She grinned at him as he jumped.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Postby Scars Mate » February 7th, 2014, 10:14 pm

'Yeah, like I'm seriously gonna do that,' Rivera muttered. As brave as she could be, confrontations and general 'heartfelt' discussions were just not her thing. Instead, she headed over to her sister and Eldárwen who were dozing peacefully on a sleeping sack.

'Hey,' Rivera whispered, lightly touching Nellas' shoulder. 'Get up, sleepyhead. We have to go.' Nellas blinked, staring up at her sister with unseeing blue eyes. Eldárwen groaned next to her, rolling over to shield her eyes from the bright light of the sun. 'You too,' the rider added, pointing at the other girl.

Nellas heaved herself up, yawning and complaining. 'I'm so tired,' she said pleadingly. 'Let me sleep.'

'You can sleep on Lyrea,' Rivera admonished. 'Now clear away the stuff.' She rose from her previously crouched position to look up at the sky. All hints of rain were gone; the sun smiled down at them all in their clearing.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Whatever :3
Pride Points: 44

Postby Dark Huntress » February 9th, 2014, 7:32 pm

Pulling the straps of Gweir's saddle tight, Rhinnëa smiled after Rivera, completely understanding. If left up to her, Algäesia would be filled with people that never spoke to each other about any emotions. She shrugged slightly, lamenting the impossibility, before returning to her bedroll and rolling it up neatly.

She sighed, taking in the blue sky and fresh air, then strode over to Gweir, where she found Zaq shoving his blankets in a saddlebag. Her eyebrows rose as she marked his slightly haggard appearance. "Sleep well?" She ventured cautiously.

"No," he growled, shooting her a dark look.

"Why?"

"Burning villages, blood-lusting elves, awry spells." He caught her curious glance, "Don't ask."

"I won't," she shrugged before turning to face the others. "So I think Nellas and Eldárwen should ride with me and Eyulf and Zaq should take their place. Lyrea's looking rather tired and the slightly lighter load should help."

Zaq gave her a highly suspicious look, which was rather deserved. She pulled an innocent expression on. "What? She is. I suppose Rivera could ride with us, but I don't trust the girls by themselves and there probably won't be enough room for her big butt." She shot her friend a teasing grin.

"I'm quite partial to her butt," Zaq remarked, seeming more like himself. "But I'm not entirely sure why you're trying to get to me to ride with her."

He face lit up, "Oh, yes! I could ride with and we could talk and-"

"Yeah, yeah, I'll ride. I don't want to be stuck with two giggly kids and a pissed off, lovesick werewolf."
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » February 10th, 2014, 6:31 pm

A small smile appeared on Rivera face as she nodded to Rhinnëa.

'Fine by me,' she muttered, a faint sense of doom rising up her throat. Now she'd have to talk to him. Even though it was probably the best thing to do.

Are you tired? She asked softly to Lyrea.

No, came the dragon's quick reply, but Rivera saw past it. She wasn't standing as tall as she usually was- though she was still far above them at a mighty height- and only a rider would have noticed the slight stoop in her stance. Her eyes were not open as wide, her tail no longer skirting back and forth. It made Rivera hurt to see her in this way.

We will be able to rest properly soon, she murmured, walking up to her dragon and placing a hand gently on her brow and rubbing it soothingly.

Rivera sighed, then pulled away to check that the saddle bags were all tight before leaping up onto Lyrea. She watched as Nellas and Eldárwen clambered onto Gweir and settled down, laughing at each other.

They're so close, she thought, smiling to herself.

Suddenly, she realised that Zaq had said he liked her butt- why hadn't it registered earlier? Oh god, she thought. He better not mention it again, or Lyrea will torch him. Always the protector.

'C'mon,' Rivera called to him, patting the saddle behind her in an impulsive act of bravery. 'We've got to go, remember,'
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » February 11th, 2014, 1:33 am

Zag gave Eyulf a mocking solute and pulled himself up behind Rivera, making a show of sitting much closer than was necessary. Rhinnëa smothered a grin and winked at Rivera. I'm so evil, aren't I? she mused to Rivera and accepted Eyulf's arm up. Once settled in her seat [with a six-foot-then-some werewolf pressed up against her back], she patted Gweir's neck.

Are you okay with the extra weight? It shouldn't be much...I just wanted to shove Rivera and Zaq together.

It's fine, he replied, leaping off of the ground and unfurling his massive wings. She needs the break and I can make it.

We'll make sure to get you some food and rest once we land she assured gently, before shifting on her saddle. Yay, she thought drily. Back in the air.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » February 12th, 2014, 7:28 pm

Lyrea quickly followed Gweir up into the air as Rivera felt Zaq extremely close to her. She didn't exactly struggle away from him, but didn't lean back either.

He's not going to hurt you, Lyrea said.

You know that's not what I'm scared of, Rivera replied tightly, her whole body tense. After a few seconds if sitting stock-still in an extremely uncomfortable position, she gave up, relaxing ever so slightly. Steeling herself, she gritted her teeth and spoke to Zaq.

Um, about yesterday- she stopped briefly, trying to figure out what she would say. I, uh, overreacted because I thought you under reacted, when I told you about- what I was. She paused. So, I guess I'm sorry? She tried.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » February 14th, 2014, 12:30 am

Zaq squeezed his eyes shut and exhaled. Good. I was a little afraid that explaining all of that was your version of getting me to back off and you were annoyed it didn't work out. He tipped his head to the side and bit his lip.

Sooooo...this is so awkward. He rested his chin on her shoulder and bounced it up and down several time absent-mindedly. So this kid, Tylas, you didn't really like him, right?

*£*

"What are you up to, Elfie?"

Rhinnëa's green eyes snapped back to Eyulf. She colored with embarrassment. Oh, I'm just spying on my friend and trying to see if she makes peace with her beau. 'Sup with you? That wouldn't make he seem silly at all! She slipped him a look and blinked coyly. "Nothing."

He smirked and suspicion assaulted her. "I called you Elfie and you didn't lash out at me. I feel strangely superior to Zaq now."

"Perhaps because you are," she muttered.

He gave her a questioning look before grinning. "What is that pretty little mind if yours thinking about?"

"Very, very bad things."

"This sounds interesting. What kind of bad things?"

"Nothing."

"I'm very interested in your version of 'nothing', Rhinnëa."

She strangled a huge grin. "I'm sure you are."
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » February 15th, 2014, 3:24 pm

Rivera pondered her answer. If she told him the truth, yes, would it annoy him? Would he rather she lied?

Damn, she thought. What do I say? She bit her lip, tapping her foot on the saddle, before saying:

'Well, I kinda did.' Keep him wondering, she thought sourly.

You can tell him the truth, Nellas chided.

I kind of have! Argued Rivera, but she knew she hadn't been very clear.

'Yeah.' She said to Zaq. 'Yeah, I did. Even though he used to be my best friend, I did. I did I like him.'

There, she thought. The truth.

'But that doesn't mean anything now,' she added derisively.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Scars Mate » April 2nd, 2014, 7:18 am

--
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » April 14th, 2014, 9:57 pm

[wow, dupes terrible, but hopefully I'll get rolling again]

I suppose it's pretty silly to be jealous of a dead guy. Zaq colored as he realized how calloused that sounds. Sorry, that came out really...wrong. Not how I meant it. Uh- He rubbed the back of his neck. Nevermind. How about we start over, no lies or hiding things from eachother?

"Okay, not meaning to be a moment-destroyer or anything, but when we reach this village...what exactly is the plan?" Rhinnëa sighed.

"Well, I doubt it gets much more awkward than Ellesmera," Eyulf grinned as Rhinnëa elbowed him.

"Thank-you for throwing that out there. I guess we'll have to talk to the Duke or whatever human's have. Yippee."
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

PreviousNext

Return to Role Play (OT)