LK: Broken [Oneshot]

LK: Broken [Oneshot]

Postby Kina » October 30th, 2010, 2:50 pm

Sometimes, trying isn't enough. Nuka's death scene.

Broken

This was all he’d ever wanted … Love born from her hatred, acknowledgement of his very existence. Wet coughs wracked Nuka’s battered body, his head slowly leaning against his mother’s paw. He’d almost done it. Almost destroyed the source of their pain and suffering, of his mother’s obsession. But there was only sorrow, forgotten affection in their eyes. Blue and crimson began to blur as his vision darkened, every wheezing breath against his shattered ribs enticing a rolling wave of dizzying agony.

“… I tried, Mother … I tried …” Nuka breathed, his voice but a strangled whisper. But he had. He’d done everything for her … Even passing by a lioness’ love. What was his legacy? There was nothing. Nothing but a light in her eyes. He would never meet his cubs. His only condolence was that they just might make it into the world. That they might live a happier life. One ear twitched as he heard his mother’s voice, his sister’s forlorn sigh. Someone was crying. Yet there was only one thought in his mind as he slipped into utter darkness, a shuddering breath escaping his muzzle. One last confession, one last reassurance. Both to his family, and to the lioness he’d been forced to all but ignore.

”˜… I love you …’
Kina

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Kina, lioness of the dusk.

Nickname(s): Moonlight
Pride Points: 9

Re: LK: Broken [Oneshot]

Postby YFWE » October 30th, 2010, 7:17 pm

Short, yet poignant and powerful! Fantastic.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby Kina » October 30th, 2010, 9:20 pm

*Smiles.* I don't usually write tragedy, but I'm glad that you like it.
Kina

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TheRoguePrince » October 30th, 2010, 10:01 pm

That was so descriptive that I could almost feel the profound pain and sorrow when I read it.....
TheRoguePrince

Postby Nakisisa » October 30th, 2010, 10:09 pm

A very moving and powerful one shot. Both interesting to read and an interesting subject to choose to write on. Even though the story is short, it is well detailed and you can easily empathise with the character (Nuka). As always the quality of the writing is very good and if it was longer, I would defiantly keep on reading. I would have liked to know more about the lioness he 'loved' which was mentioned in the story, as it provided something of a new dimension to Nuka we dont see in the film.

Overall, a very good story and I would personally, love to see this made into a story about the lioness he loved but was forced to ignore.
I'm Back :D
Nakisisa
What to Make my Title?

What a feeling, When we're dancing on the ceiling

Nickname(s): Naki, Dubes, Josh, J, NK, Shadow
Pride Points: 4

Postby Kina » October 30th, 2010, 10:26 pm

[quote="TheRoguePrince"]That was so descriptive that I could almost feel the profound pain and sorrow when I read it.....[/quote]

*Huggles.* I am admittedly rather startled that such a short piece turned out so powerful, actually.

[quote="Nakisisa"]A very moving and powerful one shot. Both interesting to read and an interesting subject to choose to write on. Even though the story is short, it is well detailed and you can easily empathise with the character (Nuka). As always the quality of the writing is very good and if it was longer, I would defiantly keep on reading. I would have liked to know more about the lioness he 'loved' which was mentioned in the story, as it provided something of a new dimension to Nuka we dont see in the film.

Overall, a very good story and I would personally, love to see this made into a story about the lioness he loved but was forced to ignore.[/quote]

*Smiles.* Many thanks, Naki. I may do a small story on the matter, though. It could prove interesting, actually. But, you'll be glad to know my regular writing has just as much quality as this short piece, if not more. ^_^
Kina

Postby Nakisisa » October 30th, 2010, 10:28 pm

Sure, after the profile have a lot of FF's to catch up on (In excess of 80 Chapters) so ill get there eventually
I'm Back :D
Nakisisa
What to Make my Title?

What a feeling, When we're dancing on the ceiling

Nickname(s): Naki, Dubes, Josh, J, NK, Shadow
Pride Points: 4

Postby xLilacVixenx » October 30th, 2010, 11:01 pm

Amazing work of art, Kina; you really captured the moment here. ^_^ I think it's kind of ironic because I was planning on doing a narration for The Lion King soon. :P
'Cause you're beautiful. Like no other. Flawless, absolutely flawless.
<3
xLilacVixenx
ƒℓυттєяsнγ ƒαиαтìc

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 13

Postby Kina » October 30th, 2010, 11:12 pm

*Smiles.* Glad that you enjoyed this little snippet, Lady. Oh? What kind of narration? ^_^
Kina

Postby xLilacVixenx » October 31st, 2010, 12:54 am

Telling the story of The Lion King as if it [size=85]was a story. :)[/size]
'Cause you're beautiful. Like no other. Flawless, absolutely flawless.
<3
xLilacVixenx
ƒℓυттєяsнγ ƒαиαтìc

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 13

Next

Return to Fan Fictions