[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Pride of Exiles — My Lion King Forum

Pride of Exiles

Re: Pride of Exiles

Postby TheWhistlerify » July 7th, 2014, 5:55 pm

It would be a lie to say that Laini wasn't nervous about splitting up not to mention about Rav's clear determination to actually deal with the group of brutal males that had taken over Zuyu's pride. How was Rav planning on taking on more than one other lion on his own? Had there been only one male to deal with, she would have obviously still worried. At the same time, though, she felt proud of Rav for willing to risk his own life in order to help a pride filled with strangers. As much as his safety concerned her, she wasn't going to try to change his mind.

The young lioness slowly gave the male a few slow nods to let him know that she got the message before noticing how uncomfortable Zuyu looked. "Don't worry..." she said as reassuringly as she could. "You're safe now." She was about to say something else but then she noticed that Kaith was already heading northwards. Her grumpy mood made her walk rather quickly. "W-wait up!" she called, running for a brief moment in order to catch up to the older lioness.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Nickname(s): TW
Pride Points: 22

Postby Ravvij » July 7th, 2014, 6:18 pm

Kath was steaming in her own mind. She kept her eyes forward as she walked but her mind was filled with a cacophony of angry thoughts about Skauti and those she'd met that were like him. How her son could put up with him she didn't know. As she made her way, her feet landed heavily on the ground, imprinting her large prints into the dry earth. A small snarl curled her lips back just a bit. The wind brushed over her, and it would have calmed her, but she found it rather annoying at the moment.
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Fear fear.

Nickname(s): Rav, Ravvij
Pride Points: 2

Postby TheWhistlerify » July 7th, 2014, 6:28 pm

The fact that Kaith was obviously agitated, even if not because of her, made Laini all the more nervous about the fact that the two of them were alone. She had no idea where they were going other than that they were heading to the north and it didn't look like Rav's mother was paing close attention to their surroundings. That could be a problem should there be any danger ahead...

"So, um..." said the younger female at some point. The only way she could think of making her less angry was by taking her mind off of Skauti. The poor adolescent... "That sounds really horrible, what these lions are doing to her pride..." True, that wasn't a very pleasant subject to discuss, but Laini couldn't think of anything else. She wouldn't talk to her about Rav, for example... His mother's teasing was way out of hand already.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Postby Ravvij » July 7th, 2014, 6:38 pm

Kaith stopped and sighed hevily. By now they were a ways away from Rav and the others. She said breathed for a moment, realizing her chain of thoughts would come out in her voice when she spoke. Now that Kaith had calmed herself a bit, she could speak less harshly. She was still angry.
"Some lions just end up that way. Either because they're selfish or they're too stupid to realize what they're doing to their brothers and sisters." she said speaking about other lions as if they were family seemed odd, but accurate. "I've fought a fair few lions and lionesses in my youth like these invaders. Most times they're simple minded and uncaring. It's the smart ones you have to watch out for. They're a danger all on their own."
Kaith stood back up and continued on her way. This time, a bit more aware of what was going on around her. She turned to look at Laini. Over her shoulder and with only one eye she glanced at her. Thinking about something to say to the younger lioness.
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Fear fear.

Postby TheWhistlerify » July 7th, 2014, 9:07 pm

Laini sighed, staring down at the ground as she followed Kaith and not noticing that the older lioness was staring at her. "I'd be lying if I said that there isn't this selfish side of me that wishes Rav would change his mind about this..." She didn't know why she was telling her this, but she had a feeling that Kaith was thinking the same thing, in a way. "But it's his choice to help and I respect it..."

The young lioness let out another sigh. "There's also this part of me that wants to take the risk instead of him, to keep him safe..." Her eyes widened a little as she said this. It made her realize just how much she really cared about Rav. "U-um... I'm sorry... I'm talking too much, aren't I?" she asked as she shook her head before looking around a little, studying their surroundings.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Postby Ravvij » July 7th, 2014, 9:35 pm

"Well, from how much I saw last night I know you care for my son." she revealed. She knew how much this would make Laini nervous, Kaith was counting on it. He's a good, strong, proud lion. I'd hate to see anything happen to him too. That's why I'm even doing this in the first place... I'm going to help him take this young Zuyu's Pride."
There was a calming peace in letting her thoughts loose. She'd never really revealed anything to anyone in so long that it was almost a novel sensation.
"You seem to be a good prospect for a mate for him. I won't stop you two from becoming closer, but you should know that if I find some lioness whom I like more than you... I'll push her and him together regardless of all else." Kaith stopped there. The rest of her thoughts and plots were her own and not meant to be shared. As she let her message and warning sink into Laini's mind, Kaith walked proudly and gracefully. It was easy to see her for who she really was. A matriarch, a true queen of the Pride that she no longer had. She was both frightening and welcoming. She was a role-model for any lioness that wished to be a matriarch.
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Fear fear.

Postby Gemini » July 7th, 2014, 11:35 pm

Skauti bristled a little, a bit frustrated that this had to happen. But, at the end of the day, she was right. She was. But for him it was only another reminder that it would be unwise for him to continue with them beyond the mountain pass. It was better if they knew that - he didn't mean harm, but he couldn't go around risking himself when he was so young and small. What could he do, after all? Luckily they were still going past the mountains: he would split up with them after that.

He sighed. What Rav said was also true. They might be prowling around, and that worried him...

"I suppose it isn't my choice," he mumbled, "but... Rav is much bigger than I am, he'd know what to do better than I would. If you want to go ahead, I'm not stopping you." He turned and looked at Zuyu, his expression conflicted. As much as he didn't wish to hurt her, he'd never been one to interact well with strangers, and he doubted that was a trait that would ever leave him. "Look, I'm sorry about what happened to your pride. It sounds terrible, but..."

He trailed off, his gaze noticing their disapproving stares. Whenever he tried to speak, this was inevitably what happened. It was probably better that he stay silent - they weren't going to listen to him, and given that they were still very intimidating to him, he realized that it was in his best interest not to say anything further on the matter. So he ducked down sheepishly, silent.

It looked like he would be going with Rav. Once Kaith and Laini left, he visibly perked up, relieved to be out from under the seemingly-omniscient and critical stare of the older lioness. But he still was cautious. He watched his two remaining companions closely, trying to gauge their reactions. Especially Rav's. He had been up and had cared for the other lioness' wounds, and already his support and dedication to this lioness showed through.

The dark lion looked at him for a few moments longer, and seemed to grab his attention inadvertently, despite the bigger male's preoccupation...
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Ravvij » July 8th, 2014, 12:03 am

"Skauti?" Rav started, "I'm probably not the best person to say anything to you. I'm only a bit older after all. But... I think you could really benefit from and even enjoy being a part of our little group. I think I have an idea of what you feel towards groups and prides and depending on others. But why don't you tell me? Why don't you like the idea of being in a pride?"
Rav showed genuine concern. He was worried about Skauti and his behavior. Both of which Rav knew would get the younger male into lots of trouble someday. So he wanted to help him in any way he could.
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Fear fear.

Postby Gemini » July 8th, 2014, 3:33 am

Skauti sighed. He didn't like it when others inquired about his old life - he found it somewhat intrusive, and most of all, he feared that he would end up in the same situation he was trying to get away from. But he relented. It looked as though it was just the two of them at this point, and besides that, Rav had struck him as more patient and understanding than the older lioness. Perhaps, at this point, he deserved more than just a cold silence.

It was hard for him to explain. But he tried the best he could.

"I... know what you are, and I know what you're trying to do. I appreciate your concern, but..." he sighed, "... I know what prides are like. I lived in one. You and Laini and that other lioness have probably known each other since birth. You know and care about other lions, so you don't mind being with them. But the fact is... not everyone has that."

He looked downwards, feeling small and vulnerable in front of this muscular lion before him.

"I know you're trying to be nice, you and Laini, but I still think your interest would fade. I haven't known you long - you probably wouldn't care that much if I left. And that's what my old pride was like. They have a way of excluding their members. I don't mean offense, and I know you don't mean it like that... but I don't think I can ever join a group of lions again."

The younger lion took a deep breath, unused to speaking so much at one time. His harsh, raspy voice felt sore and abraded. Perhaps it was best that he end it there. In either case, he hoped the older male wouldn't force him to speak or to explain himself too much more.
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Ravvij » July 8th, 2014, 3:52 am

Rav let out a short laugh but stopped himself. He breathed in and out slowly and deliberately to calm himself. Still, he had a very smug grin as he said, "I've only known Laini for a few days now. My mother is the only lion I've known since birth. My mother left her Pride to save my life, and, she was the matriarch in charge of the entire Pride. She thinks I don't realize it, but she's grooming me to one day lead a Pride of my own." Rav sat very still and continued to smile, waiting for Skauti's reaction.
Zuyu was a bit lost in their conversation. She tried to piece the situation together and from what she was sure of... it didn't make sense to her. Rav and Laini are together... His mother is a strong leader and doesn't like the younger Skauti. Laini is new to the group and she's timid and kind. They're all headed north looking for a home and a place to belong? What an odd bunch.
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Fear fear.

PreviousNext

Return to Lion King Roleplaying