[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - From Princess to Rogue (Juliette & Kuna) — My Lion King Forum

From Princess to Rogue (Juliette & Kuna)

From Princess to Rogue (Juliette & Kuna)

Postby Carl » May 23rd, 2012, 5:05 am

It had been days since they'd eaten. Notai and her sister were getting extremely hungry. That's when they spotted it. Up ahead, laying in a patch of high savannah grass, trying to hide- a lone antelope. Kimitar nudged her sister, jerking her head in the beast's direction. Notai understood exactly what she meant. Without a word, Kimitar slunk off to the left, crouched low and approaching the antelope silently. Notai crouched as well and stalked off to the right. This had to work. She couldn't bear to go another day without a bite to eat. As she was getting close, Notai saw her sister leap, throwing her front legs around the antelope's neck even as in started.

Notai sprung too, landing firmly on the beast's hindquarters as it struggled to get to its feet. The smell of blood filled the air, and Notai knew that Kimitar had gotten her jaws on its throat. She dug her claws in and held on fast, but the antelope wasn't struggling very much. It must be really sick or something. Whatever it was, Notai didn't care. She was hungry, and she'd take what they could get. After a few long minutes, the beast stopped struggling altogether and fell to the ground, limp. Notai slid off of its rump and looked at its neck. Yep, it was definitely dead.

"Good job, sis!" she complimented Kimitar. The two of them rarely actually caught prey this big, being so inexperienced as they were, and usually ended up munching on vultures and such, as revolting as that was.

"Save the compliments until after we've eaten," Kimitar said, digging into the fresh carcass. Notai nodded and joined her sister in the meal. It was delicious. She took huge bites, hardly bothering to chew it all, swallowing the food as quickly as she could, trying to get as full as possible. As they were eating, they suddenly heard a creepy laughing from behind them. Notai turned to look, blood and a little bit of muscle tissue dangling from her mouth. It was a pack of hyenas.

"Hey look," said the female in front, "A couple of lions, all alone out here with a fresh kill."

"Hey boss, ain't lions always stealing our fresh kills?" asked one of the males behind her. She cackled.

"Why, I think you're right. These two lions are young, too, look at 'em. What say you boys we return the favor and steal their fresh kill?" The whole pack cackled in response.

"We can't give up our meal, Notai. Run with it. I'll distract them," whispered Kimitar to her sister. Frightened, Notai moved towards the antelope's neck. The hyena female stepped up and stood face-to-face with Kimitar.

"Hey there, why don't you give that to us?" she ordered. Kimitar shook her head and growled.

"It's our kill."

"Well, in that case, you'll be ours," said the hyena. As if on cue, two of the males behind her leaped forward and lunged at Kimitar. She darted away- and away from the carcass. As they followed her, Notai grabbed the carcass in her jaws and started dragging it away as fast as she could. She couldn't let her sister down.

"Hey! She's making off with the food! Stop her!" barked the leader. Another hyena broke from the pack and sprinted at Notai. She started panicking. She couldn't get out of the way fast enough. The hyena raked her hind leg viciously with it's claws. She cried out in pain as it tore deep gashes into her right back leg. When she cried out, she had to release their catch. The hyena grabbed it, and was joined by another. Together, they dragged it back to their matriarch.

"That's enough lads. They get the idea," she said, putting her front paws on the carcass as if to claim it. Notai looked around for her sister and saw that she was bleeding in several places. She started to approach Kimitar, but that's when the other lion did something very stupid. Kimitar sprinted forward and lunged at the matriarch. All of the hyenas, looking surprised, jumped in to help. Screams of "Kill this lion!" could be heard from the mass of flailing bodies.

"Kimitar! NOOO!!" Notai shouted. The only response she got from her sister was a yell back.

"RUN!!!"

Afraid, Notai turned and ran, tears streaming down her cheeks. She hated leaving her sister like this, but she knew that they would both perish if she stuck around. Maybe this way she could get help, and save her sister, too.

Kimitar glanced after her sister as the pretty princess fled. At least Notai would live to fight another day, and, if she was really lucky, maybe Kimitar could their meal back. She slashed a nearby hyena, snapping at another, even as they overwhelmed her. She was still struggling when everything went black.

--------------------------------

It had been several weeks, but Jongeni was sure that the princesses were still alive. He could feel it, and he wouldn't give up on them. Several of the lionesses had decided that they were dead, others speculated that they'd just tired of this pride. He didn't buy that. Notai cared too much about her family and friends to just abandon them like that, and Kimitar would never leave her sister... At least, he didn't think that she would.

The adolescent male was laying on one of the tanning stones, scanning the horizon for any sign of the sisters, for about the thousandth time. It didn't make any sense for them to run off. They must have gone out hunting, and gotten hurt, or something. They could be out there somewhere, injured and in need of help, and he felt useless to help them.

"Jongeni, they're not coming back," his mother said softly, climbing up onto the rock beside him. He stopped staring at the horizon to look at his mother.

"They'll come back. I know them. They have to come back," he assured her.

"And what will you do if they don't?" Hisani asked, furrowing her brow.

"If they don't, I'll just have to go out and find them, myself. They could be lost or hurt. They might need help," he insisted. his mother's eyes filled with worry.

"Jongeni, no. I can't risk losing you, too," she pleaded.

"Well I don't think the pride can risk losing the princesses. I'm going to retrace their steps again."

[OOC: Whoops. This is way longer than I thought lol]
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Re: From Princess to Rogue (Juliette & Kuna)

Postby Khanu » May 23rd, 2012, 5:57 am

Searching for a meal, Nguvu, was desperatly looking across the savannah. It has been all day and no sign of any pray of any type.The heat of the day was nearly unbarable, but the need to eat was overpowering. The scent of a fresh kill kissed the nose of a brown lion as he scanned the savannah for a meal. He immediatly snapped his head in the direction that the smell was coming from. Hoping that maybe hyenas or a smaller more inimmidating lion had just killed it he decided to check it out. Maybe there was something left that he could steal. As he got closer he crouched down, getting low just incase there was a pack of hyenas nearby. Inching even closer he heard no rustling about, or anything for that matter. Knowing there was probably nothing left on the carcass he decided to check it out anyway. Maybe just maybe there was something left on the carcass. He pushed back the tall grass that was blocking the view of the kill and that's when he saw a bloody and badly beaten lioness lying by the dead antelope motionless. He rushed towards the lioness to check to see if she was even breathing. After a rather quick examination he discovered that she was indeed breathing. Her wounds needed to be adressed immediatly and he knew that she also needed to get out of the sun, otherwise she would die before he could even think of assessing her injuries. He threw her over his back and ran as fast as he could towards a nearby tree. He put her down as gently as he could, his mind racing, not wanting to have her die on him.

"Ok what to do now?" He asked himself

He looked around almost frantically then back at the chocolate colored lioness. He took a breath to calm down and started to lick her wounds hoping that it would help.

--------------

At Pride Rock, the conversation between Jongeni and his mother Hisani was overheard by Kovu. He immidiatly cut Jongeni off as he went to retrace Notai and Kimitars' steps.

"I know you want to find my daughters as much as I do, but that doesn't mean going out by yourself and getting hurt or doing something stupid for that matter." Kovu said while stepping infront of the lion.

Worry could easily be spotted in Kovu's face, he had searched about one thousand times for his daughters but no sign. However something inside him was telling him that Notai and Kimitar were alive. He looked out over the Pridelands from the top of Pride Rock, just searching for anything and then he saw a speck on the horizon something was moving towards him. After about a minute he could tell it was a lion, sprinting in his direction was his daughter Notai. His heart was pounding when he realized that it was his daughter Notai. He made his way as fast as he could to his daughter and almost tackled her when he got to her.

"Notai, you had me worried to death! Where were you and..... where's your sister?" He asked as his heart sank.
Khanu

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Uncle Kuna, Kuny, KunaTuna
Pride Points: 25

Postby Carl » May 23rd, 2012, 7:11 am

Nafsi followed Nguvu's scent, hoping he was up for a bout of friendly sparring. He was strong, and she liked that. It made it more challenging for her to beat him, and more rewarding when she did. She was surprised when she started smelling blood. Had he been hunting? The idea infuriated her. How could he go out hunting by himself? Why hadn't he asked her and Malaika along? He was such a jerk sometimes! Narrowing her eyes, she began stalking angrily in the direction he had gone, but she stopped mid-stride when she realized that she smelled another lioness. Not Malaika. Not someone they knew.

So maybe Nguvu had been fighting? Curious, now, her anger abating, Nafsi crept along, wanting to get a good look before she made her presence known. She soon spotted a most peculiar sight and tilted her head to the side in befuddlement. Up ahead, there was a tree, and laying in its shade was an apparently severely wounded lioness. What made this scene all the more bizarre was the fact that her acquaintance (one she liked to consider a friend), the rough and tough Nguvu, was apparently licking this stranger's wounds. She jogged over, wanting a closer look.

"Well, well, Nguvu, you gone soft on me? You licking the wounds of someone you defeated, or something?" she asked, eyeing the chocolate colored female on the ground suspiciously. She looked plain, except for her injuries, which didn't seem quite like a lion had inflicted them from up close. She couldn't imagine why Nguvu might be trying to help this stranger, it seemed out of character for him.

-----------------------------------------------------------

She didn't know how long she'd been running before she saw it in the distance, a sight she thought she'd never see again- Pride Rock. Home. She couldn't believe she'd made it.

"Hang on, Kimitar! I'll get help!" she gasped, a mixture of determination and desperation driving her onward, despite the agony in her hind leg. Her breathing was ragged, and she was starting to feel really weak, but she forced herself to keep running. It seemed to take forever before she reached the Pridelands, but she did at last. She caught sight of her father and several others around the tanning stones and hurried over, feeling as though she would collapse any minute.

Jongeni's heart leapt when he saw Notai running up, but he realized that something was very wrong. Where was Kimitar? She should be with her sister. Could something have happened to her? His heart knotted up at the thought. He imagined her dead somewhere, and fought not to let his worry show. She had to be okay, right? She had to be alright.

"It was... It was horrible... hyenas... Kimitar... help. She needs help! Before... before..." It was all Notai managed to say before she passed out.

"Notai!" Jongeni cried out, noticing that her hind leg was injured, "She's hurt...!"
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Khanu » May 24th, 2012, 12:52 am

Hearing the sound of Nafsi's voice he immediatly stood up. A mixture of shock, annoyance, and embarrasement overcame him. He had no idea what was compelling him to help this lioness but he felt like he almost had too.

"No I haven't gotten soft," he growled back kind of annoyed that she would call him soft, "I just felt like she needed some help is all...." he then resumed licking the lionesses gashes. He felt quite angry that she would even dare call him soft but let it go, he'd show her next time they sparred who was soft.

After a bit, the wounds were healed enough to move the lioness again. He knew that even though her cuts had stopped bleeding she wouldn't survive out in the savannah on her own until she fully recovered. He stood up ,and as gently as he could manage, put the lioness on his back and started walking in the direction of his and Nafsi's den.

"I'm taking her back to the den." he said peering at her, almost through her own soul.

As he started to walk by Nafsi, his mood started to lighten the more he thought about how he'd show her up the next time they fought.

"You do realize the next time we fight I won't hold back right?" he said almost jokingly as he walked passed her.

--------------------
Kovu, after almost having a heart attack at seeing his daughter pass out, yelled for Kiara to come out of the den. She'd been inside all day not wanting to search because she didn't want to find one of her daughters dead. Upon hearing Kovu's voice she ran out of the den into the sunlight to see what he could be yelling so frantically about.

"What is it?" she asked at the exact time she saw Notai laying on the ground. She let out a wimper and shook a little, now starting to sprint down to where Kovu and her daughter were she was becoming more and more worried. Looking almost as if she were about to pass out at the sight. She knealt down to see if her daughter was alright. After an examination she discovered that her daughter would be fine, and gave her a nuzzle on the head. But a thought occured to her, where was Kimitar? She looked up to see if Kimitar was anywhere but no sign of her other daugher.

"Kiara, I don't know what happened." Kovu said quietly, his voice almost crackling from panic. "Notai was saying something about Kimitar but I wasn't able to make out what she was saying before she collapsed. I'm going to search for Kimitar you stay here and make sure Notai is fine, I'll be back..." Kovu said as he ran off to search for his daughter, praying that she was still alive. Maybe she just got seperated, maybe she was just staying put. Just maybe everything was alright. His mind racing as he left in search of his daughter.
Khanu

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Carl » May 24th, 2012, 2:42 am

Nafsi scoffed, trailing along after Nguvu, the hot sand tickling her paws and the grass brushing her legs as she trotted along.

"You better not. I don't want to win too easily," she teased, "I was gonna ask if you wanted to spar now, but you have to be playing the hero..."

She trailed off, wishing that they could be battling right now instead of tending to some maimed lioiness' wounds. It wasn't like it was their responsibility, or anything. It was every lion for himself out here, and quite frankly, in Nafsi's opinion, if you couldn't handle yourself, then you deserved what came to you. She didn't understand why Nguvu was different, but in a way, she was glad that he was. Though she'd never admit it to him, she didn't think she would have lasted this long on her own. She was glad to have him and Malaika, but she'd never let them know that. She'd hate for them to think she was a softie.

"Seriously. What's with her? Those injuries don't look like they were inflicted by a lion," she pressed, still looking at the unconscious lioness on Nguvu's back, "Did you see what happened to her? Oh, let me guess! You saved her from certain death, right?" She cackled a little at her own remark.

-------------------------------

"I'm coming with you!" Jongeni said, following the king at a sprint. He was much too worried about Kimitar to stay at home with the girls. He had to help if he could.

"No! Jongeni!" Hisani shouted after her son, but it was too late, he was gone, and he didn't plan on coming back until he had something to show for it. As they sprinted along, he sniffed the air frantically for a hint of the other princess. What he smelled instead, was hyenas. Wait, hadn't Notai mentioned hyenas before she'd fainted? They must have been attacked. This definitely couldn't be good. Ignoring the searing heat of the desert sun, he pressed on, getting a little closer to Kovu, even as he smelled blood.

"Hey, didn't Notai say something about hyenas? Do you think they were attacked?" he called over to the king, even as the wind shifted, taking the scents, and their only leads, away.

--------------------

Notai faded briefly back into consciousness, caught a glimpse of her mother. Thought of Kimitar, felt her heart clench. Her face was wet with tears, her hind leg wet with blood. She could smell it strong in the air.

"Mom... I'm sorry... Kimitar... I left her..." she sobbed, "She told me to run. She told me to run... I should have stayed, I should have helped her!"

She was having trouble putting the right words together, but she wanted them to know what happened, so she focused as hard as she could.

"We got lost, and then some hyenas stole our kill. She distracted them so I could get away. They had us outnumbered. I shouldn't have run... I should have helped her. She couldn't have taken them on alone. I can't believe I let her down..." she explained.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Khanu » May 28th, 2012, 10:44 pm

"They aren't from a lion," he told her, "just before I found her I scented hyenas around, that's the only explination to what could of happened." Nguvu didn't even look back the whole time they were walking to the den. He was trying to think of a good comeback to Nafsi, he hated when he couldn't, put her in her place, as he called it. Nearing the den, which was almost invisible due to the dense amount of grass that covered the entrance. He entered the den and placed the lioness down gently in the corner.

"Looks like she stopped bleeding finally." he observed quietly

Looking up at and Nafsi, he motioned her to follow him and give the injured lioness some space. And while they were waiting for her to regain conciousness he decided that this would be the perfect time to shut Nafsi up once and for all. And out of no where suprised her with a pounce, landing on her back from behind.

---------------------------

Kovu turned around at the sound of something moving through the grass. When he discovered it was Jongeni he was somewhat happy that someone else was going to help him in the search for his daughter. However he couldn't help but be disappointed that he would disobey his mother and come the whole way out here.

"Didn't your mother tell you to stay put?" Kovu inquired "It's dangerous out here, there are hyenas near by...." Kovu was only saying this because he knew that his mother was probably worried about Jongeni being hurt or worse. He however was grateful for the company in the search. The scent had faded since he had gotten there, but they continued to scoure the area until sun down. Still with no trace of Kimitar, the two decided to end the search and return to the rest of the pride. Kovu felt hopeless, who could this happen? Why couldn't he of been there to help her? He trailed behind Jongeni the entire way back to Pride Rock, his head hung low. He couldn't believe it, his daughter was missing, he felt like a failure as a father.

-------------------

Kiara looked at her daughter, still worried, but more calm now. She went over and gave her daughter a nuzzle to reassure her that everything was alright and it wasn't her fault. After all, she did everything she could to help her sister. She ran home to tell her and Kovu and now all they could do was hope that Kimitar would turn up. Kiara was hanging on to this thought, she didn't even want to consider Kimitar actually being dead. And she also knew that her daughter was alive, she just knew it.
Khanu

Postby Carl » May 28th, 2012, 11:57 pm

Startled, Nafsi snarled and tried to shake him off. After a moment of struggling, she decided the best way to get him off was to roll. She flopped to the ground, turning over, and springing to her feet facing him. She grinned mischievously, showing her pearly whites.

"That was a cheap attack, but you still won't win," she taunted, taking on a battle stance. This was more like it. She'd been so eager for a nice bout. She tensed her muscles, preparing for another attack. Then she lunged, her claws extended, aiming for his tender underbelly.

Within the den, Kimitar stirred. She looked around at her unfamiliar setting. Where am I? she wondered, Wherever I am, I hurt too much to be dead. She started to stand, but it occurred to her that the hyenas could have taken her somewhere. Why, she didn't know, but that was the only explanation she could think of for waking up in this comfortable place. She must be in their den. She wondered if she was strong enough to fight if it came to that. Wondered if she could escape.

Carefully, she rose to her paws, finding that she was much too weak to fight. She needed more rest. She staggered forward a few steps, and then fell back down. She cursed to herself, hating how badly she'd been beaten. Hating herself for not running from the hyenas. Just look at where you've landed yourself, Princess. All for a little dignity and a rotting corpse.

----------------------------------

Jongeni scoffed at the king's question. "I'm not a cub anymore. I don't have to do everything my mother says," he said defiantly. When Kovu didn't press the issue, he just continued looking. This couldn't be happening. Not that he wanted something to happen to Notai- he was very glad that she had returned to the pride in one piece- but if one of the princesses had to disappear, why did it have to be Kimitar? He had never realized before how much her safety had meant to him.

When the king decided it was time to give up at dusk, Jongeni was reluctant to go. Shouldn't they keep looking? She could be hurt, she could be dying. But he had to obey the king, and a little voice in the back of his head told him that she was already lost, anyway. His chest aching, Jongeni led the way back to Pride Rock. His mother was waiting for him outside the den. She looked up at him, and he just frowned and shook his head as he passed her. He glanced into the den and saw that Notai was now inside, surrounded by other lionesses. Without entering, he walked out to the edge of Pride Rock and sat down, staring into the distance.

Notai watched him as he came back. She'd been told that he'd gone out with her father in search of Kimitar, and based on his actions, she guessed that the news wasn't good. She stood up and limped out of the den, ignoring the protests from the lionesses. She wanted to talk to him, but her father was reaching the den as she got to its mouth, so she stopped.

"Father..."
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Khanu » June 2nd, 2012, 5:39 am

Malaika had just come back from a hunt when she saw Nafsi and Nguvu wrestling. She sighed and rolled her eyes. Without disturbing their sparring she proceeded to walk into the den. As she entered she could see a lioness laying on the ground unconcious. At first she thought she was going crazy, it had only been the three of them for so long. Who was this? Why was she here? Her mind was full of questions. She spun around quickly and went back outside.

"Who's our new friend?" Malaika asked sarcastically to the two that were still sparring with each other. Upon hearing the question they stopped fighting and Nguvu got up.

"I'm not sure who it is but I found her passed out in the savannah, she was pretty messed up when I found her." he replied back.

"Playing hero I see?" the black lioness laughed back at him, "It's unlike you to care about someone you don't even know."

"I wasn't playing hero! Why do you two keep saying that?" He was getting somewhat embarresed by the comment that had become popular with the two of them.

"Uh huh, sure." she couldn't hold back the laughter, and started to enter the den again.

Malaika looked at the lioness that was now starting to try to move. She ran over to her and just realizing how bad her injuries truly were she quickly told her not to stand and try to relax.

-------------------------

Kovu had hung his head low the entire trip back to pride rock. When he got there he saw Notai and Kiara waiting eagerly for news. Kiara could already see from where she was that whatever news he had wasn't good. Only when Notai said something to him did he raise his head.

"Notai," he said softly, "I couldn't find her anywhere...."

He continued to walk along towards Kiara who was now in tears. She was barely keeping composure, and about to start sobbing.

"Ko-Kovu....." she wimpered

"I looked everywhere, there was no sign of Kimitar anywhere...." he tried to hold back and keep himself from crying but a tear made it's way down his face. He went over and tried to comfort Kiara as much as he could. And just as he walked over to her, she started to sob uncontrolably. She couldn't believe that her daughter was gone, she felt hopeless.
Khanu

Postby Carl » June 2nd, 2012, 7:50 pm

Nafsi wasn't ready to quit sparring, she was having fun. But since Malaika had interrupted their brawl, she joined in on teasing him. Even if their match had ended, she was pretty sure that she'd won, anyway. Grinning at his discomfort, she turned a mischievous look on him.

"Because you saved a stranger, maybe?" she said in answer to his question, chortling and shoving Nguvu. "Betcha think she's pretty, don'tcha?"

Inside the den, Kimitar was trying to move again when the black lioness told her not to move. Confusion made her stop. This meant that the hyenas hadn't taken her somewhere. So where am I? And who's she? Something about this is weird. Ignoring the other lioness's suggestion to remain on the ground, especially since she couldn't relax in such an unknown situation, Kimitar rose to her haunches, glad that she could sit, at least.

"Who are you?" she asked, "What's going on? Where am I? What happened to the hyenas?"

What happened to Notai...? Did she manage to get away? She felt stupider than ever. Why hadn't she just run with her sister?

----------------------------------------

Notai's gaze fell, but she was still hopeful. If they hadn't found a trace of her sister, then maybe that meant she had escaped the hyenas. Maybe she had given them the slip and would be back later. She had to keep her hopes up. She didn't want to think about what her life would be like without Kimitar.

"She'll turn up. She has to," she told her parents. Then she limped out to the edge of Pride Rock and sat down beside Jongeni. A gentle breeze tugged at his blonde mane as he stared into the distance, a look of sad determination on his face.

"We should have kept looking," he said quietly.

"You will find her, right? You won't give up?" Notai asked him, needing comfort herself. Needing someone to tell her that it would be okay.

"I would never give up on finding her."

Notai nuzzled him, feeling utterly defeated. "I never should have left her. I should have stayed and fought."

"Why, so we could have lost both of you? Don't say things like that, Notai."

She didn't respond, but instead just leaned closer to him, her eyes scanning the horizon.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Khanu » June 17th, 2012, 2:12 am

Malaika looked at the lioness, quite suprised that she was able to get up at all. Even if she was only able to sit.

"I'm Malaika," the black lioness replied, "looks like you took quite the beating. What happened to you?" She asked the lioness, actually worried if she was fine or not. She examined the lioness again just to reassure herself that she was fine. Malaika tried comforting the lioness even more by nuzzling her slightly. And as she tried to calm the lioness down Nguvu had walked into the den. Shock overcame his face, he couldn't believe that the lioness he rescued was up already. He was sure that she would be out for at least a day. He quickly padded over to where the two were sitting.

"Well you're doing a lot better than I thought," he said with a smirk "could of sworn you'd be out longer that just a few hours." He examined her gashes again to make sure they had fully stopped bleeding. When he was satisfied with her condition he also decided to just lay down next to her. He was tired and it gave him an excuse to be next to her. He did kind of like the lioness he saved but wouldn't dare let anyone know. It might show weakness.

---------------------

Kiara was sobbing by this time, and she just stay sitting in the cave. Kovu nuzzled her reassuringly. Kiara burried herself into Kovu's mane to drown out the noise of her own crying. All she could do was think about her daughter, why did this happen? Thoughts racing through her mind, why couldn't she of been there for her. She raised her head, thinking she could control her crying.

"K-Kovu...." she said nearly sobbing again, "I.... I feel like.... I should of been there" She immediatly began to sob again.

"There was nothing that you did wrong, or anything you could of done Kiara." He said trying to reassure her. He turned his head and looked out of the cave at Notai, and the thought of never seeing his other daughter, Kimitar, had flooded his thoughts. A tear rolled down his face, and he quickly tried to repress the thought, not wanting to upset Kiara anymore. Darkness was starting to fall on the Pridelands.

"Notai, it's getting dark," he yelled out of the cave, "come inside." He was exhausted, and wanted his other daughter close. It would make everyone feel better if they were together for the night.
Khanu

Next

Return to Lion King Roleplaying