Your Hogwarts/Ilvermorny Houses

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

What's your Hogwarts and Ilvermorny house?

Gryffindor
17%
Hufflepuff
11%
Ravenclaw
11%
Slytherin
11%
Horned Serpent
6%
Wampus
6%
Thunderbird
28%
Pukwudgie
11%

Total votes : 18

Your Hogwarts/Ilvermorny Houses

Postby KopsTheTerminator » July 1st, 2016, 4:04 am

Because ehhh why not. :P

Basically been wondering, what's everyone's houses? Also could speculate about the traits of the Ilvermorny houses as info right now is incredibly vague.

Just for kicks, also gonna include some interesting in-depth Hogwarts house analyses I found posted on Tumblr yeaaaars ago which are kinda neat (though certainly not infallible, I personally found them a bit biased towards specific personality types when people are far more complex).

Gryffindor - Hufflepuff - Ravenclaw - Slytherin

You can find the quizzes on Pottermore, or if you don't want to make an account: Hogwarts Sorting Quiz, Ilvermorny Sorting Quiz. Personally I find these a bit more reliable as they actually ask you all the possible questions.

Okay now that's done with... Personally been sorted into Gryffindor (with Slytherin VERY closely coming second) and Pukwudgie. Admittedly was a bit disappointed with the latter result as Thunderbird/Adventurer sounds a bit closer to home. It made a bit more sense after this post to be honest (though I still wish to be Thunderbird :P).

Right, forgot to mention - stating a mixed house (eg Gryffinclaw) is fine if you're unsure/a hat stall.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Your Hogwarts/Ilvermorny Houses

Postby Carl » July 1st, 2016, 5:46 am

I'm proudly Hufflepuff! There was some quiz thing once for finding your "hybrid" house that placed me in Huffleclaw, and honestly the first time I went to Pottermore, I expected to get Ravenclaw, but after being placed in Hufflepuff and reading Rowling's long description of the house, I realized it's right where I belong. I've taken the Pottermore quiz multiple times now and always get Hufflepuff. :3

I've also noticed that all the Gryffindors and Slytherins I know are very likely to get the other one as second place or on a retake, which is pretty accurate to what the books would have us believe, so it's not surprising how close a second that was for you.

At Ilvermorny, I got placed into Wampus, which apparently represents the body and is a warrior... Which is funny because that tumblr post you linked calls Hufflepuffs pacifists, lol. I'm a pacifistic warrior?
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby KopsTheTerminator » July 1st, 2016, 11:14 am

^ Yeah it's true. I've heard people call Gryffindor and Slytherin two sides of the same coin really.

By the way - Huffleclaw/Ravenpuff. Person who wrote the analyses made a lot of these but sadly deleted them so it's a bit of a pain to find them. :P

Also honestly I've seen people from all houses get varying Ilvermorny house results, and JK Rowling herself said they don't have Hogwarts equivalents, so I'm not quite sure what the Ilvermorny sorting looks for in a person.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » July 1st, 2016, 11:43 am

I'm a Hufflepuff, through and through! I also got sorted into Thunderbird which is pretty cool :D
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby FlipMode » July 1st, 2016, 11:51 am

image.png

How did Harry Potter get into the secret room?
Slytherin
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Tsuki » July 1st, 2016, 11:58 am

Hogwarts: Gryffindor

Ilvermorny: Thunderbird
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Simbaholikov » July 1st, 2016, 1:19 pm

Always get Gryffindor or Slytherin with a difference of about 1 to 2 questions.

Ilvermorny is apparently Horned Serpent (with Wampus as close second), don't know enough about that to say if it's fitting or not.
Simbaholikov

Postby KopsTheTerminator » July 1st, 2016, 1:50 pm

Righto, there's the results from the all-questions quizzes. :P Admittedly the Ilvermorny questions caught me a bit off guard and I wasn't entirely sure what to answer on some of them, or had two choices I wanted to pick. I might come back to it much later to see if anything changes.

mehmehemeh.png
mehmehemeh.png (35.68 KiB) Viewed 3462 times

Oh right, also wand: Maple wood, dragon heartstring, 13", slightly yielding. Considering there's lore behind your wand result, might as well list that as well. :P
KopsTheTerminator

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » July 1st, 2016, 2:42 pm

Wow what, I took the quiz where all the Ilvermorny questions were and got Pukwudgie instead, with Thunderbird last? Maybe Pottermore doesn't give you a wide enough range.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby KopsTheTerminator » July 1st, 2016, 2:45 pm

I don't know why Pottermore doesn't ask you all the questions, honestly. More questions mean more accurate results, why would you lessen them? :/
KopsTheTerminator

Next

Return to Fun and Games