What the best Email Privider...advice?

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

What the best Email Privider...advice?

Postby gothprincesskiara » June 30th, 2016, 3:56 pm

So I have been wanting to Change my email for quit some time now and I need some advice on what the best Email provider is to use, especially one that does not give me news updates, im switching from century link, Century link gives me crap and been crashing on me sometimes aa well as sending me news updates which are total lies from the media, and im sick of getting it.

So what would be the safest email provider to use?
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: What the best Email Privider...advice?

Postby FlipMode » June 30th, 2016, 4:31 pm

*Shrug* Yahoo has never failed me.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: What the best Email Provider...advice?

Postby Carl » June 30th, 2016, 5:15 pm

I have multiple email accounts and have never had any trouble out of gmail, yahoo, Microsoft/hotmail, yandex, or Outlook (which is apparently different from Microsoft/hotmail somehow but seems the same to me except that this one was provided to me by my college).

Anyway all of those are free and won't send you any mail you haven't subscribed to receive.

Furthermore, this seems more like a topic for The Den, so I'm just gonna move it over there, okieday? :3
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Tsuki » June 30th, 2016, 8:05 pm

I've never had a problem with Gmail *touch wood*
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Marizzle » June 30th, 2016, 9:58 pm

^ Same here. Of all the existent e-mail providers, Gmail is definitely my favourite.
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby FireAndSun » June 30th, 2016, 9:59 pm

Gmail works for me.
FireAndSun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 25

Postby FlipMode » June 30th, 2016, 10:09 pm

[quote="Carl Skywalker"]
Anyway all of those are free and won't send you any mail you haven't subscribed to receive.
[/quote]

IDK I get a lot of Email on Yahoo from singles in my area who want to "meet me". Probably because of all the iPhones I have won.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Carl » June 30th, 2016, 10:17 pm

[quote="Flip_FTW"][quote="Carl Skywalker"]
[/quote]

IDK I get a lot of Email on Yahoo from singles in my area who want to "meet me". Probably because of all the iPhones I have won.[/quote]
Huh, I don't get those. I guess no singles wanna meet me then. :lol:
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Squeely » July 27th, 2016, 10:03 am

I've had multiple Yahoo accounts over the years. Some of which I deleted and started fresh because of not wanting to deal with exes, but on more than one occasion, I've been suddenly unable to access my account. Permanently. I suspect hacking. I don't know if the fact that I used to use Yahoo messenger with my accounts had anything to do with that, but Yahoo has been unreliable from my experience.

I've had Gmail for roughly three years now, and all's been fine. So I recommend Gmail.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby KopsTheTerminator » July 27th, 2016, 1:34 pm

^ Heh. Yahoo AND Hotmail locked me out of my old emails simply because of a location change, and I've never been able to get into them since because the latter needed me to access the former... which was also locked. Seriously?

God, I despise all those ridiculous security measures some email providers have now that seem to want to protect you from even your own self. I just don't get why the average person would need so much protection from a potential hacker/hijacker because that has never ever happened to me or anyone I know, all they manage to be is an irritating nuisance.

Haven't had a problem with Gmail yet either so I guess that's fine.
KopsTheTerminator

Next

Return to Fun and Games