Trolling and lies

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Re: Trolling and lies

Postby WildSimba » July 24th, 2015, 9:43 pm

People lie about things, what's new. It's really down to not being gullible and trusting stuff from sources that you know aren't reliable. If the company itself doesn't confirm something, assume it's not true until it's confirmed. As simple as that.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby gothprincesskiara » July 24th, 2015, 10:17 pm

So what I cant vent about it? I mean I just wonder when are we ever going to have an internet police or something, I hate liers, I mean I watch CSI Cyber and they are really good with what can go wrong in the cyber world, got more fascinated with because of being a victim of hackers and trolls, just another way this world is screwed up, ok im done(walks off pouting) :betrayed:
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby WildSimba » July 24th, 2015, 10:21 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]So what I cant vent about it? I mean I just wonder when are we ever going to have an internet police or something, I hate liers, I mean I watch CSI Cyber and they are really good with what can go wrong in the cyber world, got more fascinated with because of being a victim of hackers and trolls, just another way this world is screwed up, ok im done(walks off pouting) :betrayed:[/quote]

There's already people that investigate the internet for crimes. They'd never be able to arrest someone purely on trolling, it's not breaking the law to be an asshole. It's basically up to you to ignore them. And yes, you can vent all you want, but that doesn't mean what you're venting about is not still open to criticism if people see something to criticize.

Side note, hacking is a legit crime, you could actually report someone to the police for that. Trolling for the most part, as much as it's a stupid thing to do falls under free speech. The only point in which it wouldn't is if you say something that actually hurts someone.
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Tora » July 24th, 2015, 10:29 pm

Internet Police? What on earth? That is just ridiculous. I'm all for hating on people who do such things as trolling or lying, but creating "law" to govern true use of the internet seems to me like a nice fitting way to create censorship. Granted censorship is seemingly becoming a thing everywhere, but its just wrong. There is a time and a place for conversations or media that may be in a more higher rated section of the internet, but to actually go out and have police that prowl the internet enforcing "laws" is just wrong. Who set forth these "laws" and by what authority to do so exactly? Who has the right to govern the internet? Countries like China censoring the internet and making it unusable certainly care more about their influence on their citizens then they care about the freedom of their citizens. Bottom line if a computer is being used to commit a crime then by all means go after them, but to "police" the internet and "arrest" people for writting, trolling, or otherwise expressing their own opinons or lies is completely and utterly wrong.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby WildSimba » July 24th, 2015, 10:32 pm

[quote="Tora"]Internet Police? What on earth? That is just ridiculous. I'm all for hating on people who do such things as trolling or lying, but creating "law" to govern true use of the internet seems to me like a nice fitting way to create censorship. Granted censorship is seemingly becoming a thing everywhere, but its just wrong. There is a time and a place for conversations or media that may be in a more higher rated section of the internet, but to actually go out and have police that prowl the internet enforcing "laws" is just wrong. Who set forth these "laws" and by what authority to do so exactly? Who has the right to govern the internet? Countries like China censoring the internet and making it unusable certainly care more about their influence on their citizens then they care about the freedom of their citizens. Bottom line if a computer is being used to commit a crime then by all means go after them, but to "police" the internet and "arrest" people for writting, trolling, or otherwise expressing their own opinons or lies is completely and utterly wrong.[/quote]

Exactly, we've seen how bad of a thing policing and censoring the internet can be in communist countries such as China.

[quote="juhouh"]What the actual [censored]?[/quote]

^ This basically describes how I feel about this whole discussion.
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Postby gothprincesskiara » July 25th, 2015, 12:47 am

ok ok so maybe I dont mean exactly arresting them, just somehow stop them from doing it again and again is what I mean, Im sorry of im just expressing my ideas here and my opinions
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby it means no worries » July 25th, 2015, 12:57 am

GPK meet the internet- internet, GPK
it means no worries

Pride Points: 63

Postby juhouh » July 25th, 2015, 1:11 am

You didn't have to make a whole topic for this in first place, you could had expressed your frustration in this topic instead

It's not just the internet that's full or false rumors and lies. They are everywhere even outside of internet and I don't understand why do you have to take them all so personally... Ima tell you TLG will never be published it's up to you do you take the bait so easily
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby HereWeStand » July 25th, 2015, 1:44 am

[quote="juhouh"]You didn't have to make a whole topic for this in first place, you could had expressed your frustration in this topic instead[/quote]

Very true. Making an entire topic just for a short vent is kind of pointless. :/

You can't arrest someone simply for lying to you, that sounds absurd. Of course everyone can fall victim to trolling but if you repeatedly fall for it you're letting yourself remain a 'victim' by remaining naive, it doesn't take a lot to take things you've read on the internet with a grain of salt and do some fact checking using reliable sources.
HereWeStand
-

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ninaroja » July 25th, 2015, 1:48 am

[quote="Shadowfax"] There really isn't any point to this thread....

[/quote]

This. As others have already pointed out, there isn't much to discuss here.

Locked.

~Ninaroja
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Previous

Return to Fun and Games