The Song Game

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

The Song Game

Postby Gemini » July 8th, 2014, 3:00 am

Okay, lame title - I couldn't think of a better one. xD

This is the first thread I've made in the Den, so go easy on me. This is just a little idea I had in my head, wasn't sure if it'd been done before or not so I decided to give it a shot. (WOW that rhymed!)

The point of the game is to pretty much post a song that you think fits best with a certain situation. It can be anything in fiction as long as people can identify what you're talking about, and be sure to put a link to the song!

Example.

[quote="Person A"]This song really makes me think of Scar and Nala every time I hear it, I think it just really fits them. ("Monster" by Lady Gaga).[/quote]

Person B listens to the song and rates it.

[quote="Person B"]1/10. Eww. Seriously, that's gross. Besides, we all know that that song really fits Kovu and Kiara. ;)[/quote]

And then provides another song. Again, it can be anything as long as other people recognize it.

[quote="Person B"]This song makes me think of how I imagine Taka when he was young, since he's my favorite character! He was probably really alone a lot and that makes me sad. :( ("By Myself" by Linkin Park)[/quote]

And so on. Please keep the songs PG-13 and add language/content warnings where applicable. :) Remember it has to be kid-friendly to a degree. That said, I'll go first!

This song makes me think of Nuka, or at least it has ever since I saw this one Youtube video that merged him and this song together. I guess it could also fit with Simba after Mufasa's death. What do you guys think? Yes, or no? ("World So Cold" by Three Days Grace)
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Re: The Song Game

Postby TomCat » July 8th, 2014, 9:13 am

Last edited by TomCat on October 10th, 2016, 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomCat
Lala kahle, my dear sister...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Gemini » July 11th, 2014, 11:00 am

^ 10/10! Haha, I love that song, used to listen to it all the time. :lol:

This song makes me think of Scar, I think the bitterness really fits him ("Unforgiven" by Metallica).
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Postby Regulus » July 11th, 2014, 4:05 pm

9/10 great song. Anything Metallica is good.

---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qrRzNidzIc

This reminds me of Simba, during and after his fight with Scar.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby ScarsLove » July 12th, 2014, 6:35 pm

8/10

Great choice!

----

This song reminds of Sarabi missing Mufasa after his death.

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Postby Gemini » July 13th, 2014, 6:05 am

^ 10/10!

We got Breaking Benjamin and Within Temptation in here! ^ o ^ Awesome-sauce!

This song sums up how I think Kovu and Kiara's relationship went after a while. He's still a bad boy at heart, you know. ;)
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

Postby Carl » November 20th, 2015, 5:04 am

8/10
That song does seem like it would fit.

This song feels appropriate for when the hyenas are taking over the Pride Lands. :P
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Lynx » November 20th, 2015, 6:47 am

Lynx

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DGFone » November 20th, 2015, 7:48 am

[quote="Lynx"]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPwFgPkcmeg[/quote]

I even have this song as a lossless FLAC file on my computer! Speaking of that guy...

Simba upon realizing what he needs to do (after meeting Rafiki and Mufasa's ghost): He never thought he would be the one
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Return to Fun and Games