What's in your Name?

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Re: What's in your Name?

Postby Gaze » May 24th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Sadiki was the original name of my fursona, who started out as a TLK fan character. now that the character exists outside of the TLK-verse, I've pretty much changed his name to Sadi, but I rarely even use that as an online name. on most sites, I go by gazehound. maybe I should change my name here at MLK at some point...!
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Re: What's in your Name?

Postby FlipMode » May 24th, 2016, 11:27 pm

My username used to be FlipMode. It came from when I was younger and we were jumping on my friends trampoline and he was one of the cool kids doing backflips and stuff and I was too scared to even try to attempt one because I was scared I would fall and break my neck. In fact just getting on the trampoline at all set my anxiety pretty bad. I, as a child was scared of everything and lived a very sheltered life. One day I finally had enough and attempted to backflip and I nailed it first go. From that moment on I took the username FlipMode to remind me that it's okay to be afraid but to always try stuff anyway because I'm more scared of not getting the experience from life.

Erm and then something really bad happened to me and I literally had no idea what to do with myself anymore. I was probably at my lowest point ever so I added the "FTW" bit to remind myself that I am here for the win, and for a good time but not for a long time. So yeah, I've come out of all of that a better person. In fact I don't even hate the person who caused me the pain in the first place, I believe that was necessary to happen to me in order for me to become a better man and really start going for what I want in life. I'm thankful for having met that person. I don't feel anything at all for them anymore and wish them all the best. So yeah that's what the FTW means, because in the end, I always do because I'll never stop until I do. And even if I lose, in my mind, I still win because life is what I make of it and anyone who tries to bring me down is just one less person who deserves my respect as far as I am concerned. :)
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Previous

Return to Fun and Games