What are you whining about RIGHT NOW?!

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Re: What are you whining about RIGHT NOW?!

Postby Marizzle » February 9th, 2016, 1:44 pm

This odd weather. Either it's cold, either it's warm. :ugh:
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby HereWeStand » February 10th, 2016, 6:57 pm

I get so confused when people claim that providing universal healthcare in the US is 'radical', I mean I'm glad I don't live there so I don't have to consider throwing myself off a cliff than have to pay off astronomical medical bills if something were to happen to me lol. Apparently wanting to live even if you're poor is extreme. I mean sure waiting times aren't great and the quality of healthcare depends on the country in Europe but it's better than only the rich being able to afford any care at all.
HereWeStand
-

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Marizzle » February 10th, 2016, 7:05 pm

^That's so true!
---
I'm exhausted from yesterday's Carnaval parade. I was not used to it anymore. :innocent:
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Stronger than fear

Postby Carl » February 10th, 2016, 7:07 pm

[quote="HereWeStand"]I get so confused when people claim that providing universal healthcare in the US is 'radical', I mean I'm glad I don't live there so I don't have to consider throwing myself off a cliff than have to pay off astronomical medical bills if something were to happen to me lol. Apparently wanting to live even if you're poor is extreme. I mean sure waiting times aren't great and the quality of healthcare depends on the country in Europe but it's better than only the rich being able to afford any care at all.[/quote]
I agree. I live in the US and for the past 8 years I've been trying to go to a dentist, but can never afford it. My teeth are probably going to fall out before I ever see one.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby HereWeStand » February 10th, 2016, 7:23 pm

^ Yikes, just how expensive is a visit to the dentist in the US? My family has never been particularly well-off but we could always afford dentist visits... Ridiculous. :/
HereWeStand
-

Postby Tsuki » February 10th, 2016, 7:33 pm

^ Wow! Yeh I'm so pleased I live in the UK instead of the US with the amount of healthcare I need due to my medical condition. I mean I've witnessed first hand how much the medical bills are in the states. Thank God that I had insurance otherwise I'd be VERY poor :/.
--------------------------

....Seriously? Deleting my photo from your group because "it had a link on it"? Where!? I never added a link. Then you send me a rude message about it. Erm...I'm not quite sure what I've done but K Whatever. Needless to say I'll no longer be posting in this group.

And ugh some of the kids today were on one. I had to use my big shouty voice.....Tsuki doesn't like using the big shouty voice :(
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Pride Points: 88

Postby Carl » February 10th, 2016, 8:12 pm

[quote="HereWeStand"]^ Yikes, just how expensive is a visit to the dentist in the US? My family has never been particularly well-off but we could always afford dentist visits... Ridiculous. :/[/quote]
It isn't particularly expensive for like dentists and eye doctors just to be seen, but my family is very very poor and there's no telling how much it would cost for a cleaning and dealing with any cavities or whatever else they'd need to do. I also need to go to eye doctor for new glasses, and I have other medical issues that need attention, but getting food and keeping the roof over our heads is more important than all that.

And unfortunately as an adult without a job... I can't get any insurance at all. So I just limp around squinting at things and hoping that brushing my teeth without toothpaste (as I have none) will do the job... it doesn't really, but it's the best I can do.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Marizzle » February 10th, 2016, 8:34 pm

My dad has been talking about something, but I don't know what, and he can't explain it properly. :?
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Stronger than fear

Postby Tsuki » February 10th, 2016, 10:26 pm

What is her problem? :roll:
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Pride Points: 88

Postby Marizzle » February 10th, 2016, 10:30 pm

...it's cold! :cold:
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Stronger than fear

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games