Cell Phones

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Cell Phones

Postby Lauren » September 5th, 2011, 4:25 pm

I assume that most of us has our own cell phone. If you don't have one, don't feel bad. ^^

Anyway, if you do have one, what kind of phone do you have?

Right now, I have the LG Touch. It's both a flip phone and has a touchscreen. For the phone network, I use Verizon. In December, I'm gonna be getting an iPhone, which will also be my Christmas gift. :)

Last edited by Lauren on September 6th, 2011, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Cell Phones

Postby Misiziri » September 5th, 2011, 4:26 pm

Weird, I was just about to browse through den topics and you made a new one.

I have a crappy little tracfone. It's fine, though, I rarely ever use it.
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby FlipMode » September 5th, 2011, 4:37 pm

o.0 I was just watching something about cell phones.

Erm yeah, I do have one, I finally replaced my Motorola Razr which I had for years!
I have a Tocco Lite - which looks quite a lot like this -

I dont really know what it does and does not do, I only use my mobile literally for phoning and texting. So ermmm, yeah, it sure is a phone.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Kopalover » September 5th, 2011, 9:05 pm

I'm getting an HTC incredible S this weekend :)

Signatures by Shadowfax, thank you love <3
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...AND VAAAAAV

Nickname(s): Zoe, KL
Pride Points: 33

Postby Tekir » September 5th, 2011, 9:08 pm

I must be one of the very few persons who do not own a cellphone and that don't feel like getting one then lol. ^^"
^Amazing sig by SCHD or La'Vie. Thanks a lot! =D
Ask me stuff! | Fanart | OT art
Tekir
That guy with a hat

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

You're despicable

Nickname(s): Tek, Tigerhat
Pride Points: 27

Postby KopsTheTerminator » September 6th, 2011, 11:10 am

I have a Sony Ericsson cell phone but never use it, and the only reason I have it is because it came for free with my old netbook. I always thought of cell phones as a burden to have. I'd gladly give it to anyone if they wanted it.
KopsTheTerminator

Postby Annie » September 6th, 2011, 1:31 pm

I have a nifty little touch screen, after having a really tiny phone that I don't even think had "snake" on it. That's now my riding phone.
R.I.P Annie, Holly, Spike, Louie, Mel, Robbie, Mr.H, Molly, Archie, Blobby and Dancer <3
Annie
Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Rawr

Pride Points: 29

Postby Libre » September 6th, 2011, 3:33 pm

I hate touchscreen-phones. I had an iPhone about a year ago. After 6 months the display didn't work and the repair would have been €300. So I gave it to my friend and bought this one:

It has everything I need and is not touchscreen :D
Libre
colourful

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 17

Postby AdAstrα » September 7th, 2011, 1:27 pm

I've had my iPhone 3GS for probably...well a couple of years now lol. Still works great, although the battery life is a bit rubbish.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby kumarileopard » September 9th, 2011, 2:36 am

I had a Palm Pixi through Sprint but after just over a year it decided to stop charging. I bit the bullet and upgraded to an HTC Evo 4G.

The coolest thing about this phone is the WiFi hotspot feature. I can flip that on and connect my laptop to the Internet via WiFi. It's amazing the weird looks I get when I'm at Fazoli's surfing the net and you can hear people whisper "Do they have WiFi here?"

Being in the IT support/Consulting role it's nice being able to have Internet access anywhere I have a cell signal. Makes looking up information, downloading patches or software, and finding parts a lot easier.

Another cool thing I can do is I can access computers remotely. As in manipulate the desktop remotely. If one of my customers calls me while I'm on the road and tells me they're having an issue with a box I can bring it up on my phone and take a look at exactly what's going on.

It's slick, it's speedy, and it does everything I need it to do. Most of the time I don't lug my laptop with me.
"Hello, IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again?" - Roy in every episode of "The IT Crowd"
kumarileopard

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

Nickname(s): Kumari, Rob
Pride Points: 1

Next

Return to Fun and Games