What are you thinking RIGHT NOW?

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Re: What are you thinking RIGHT NOW?

Postby Leviara_Lioness » December 1st, 2015, 4:17 am

[quote="Regulus"]Should I even bother?

It's good to have an open mind, but don't have it so open that your brain falls out. To say something "goes beyond explanation" is to intentionally throw out any attempt at reasoning.[/quote]

Yeah Regulus you have a point, theres prolly an explanation..I just dont have one, for it?
good point though..
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Leviara_Lioness
Israeli Princess Lioness

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Israeli Princess Cleopah Lioness

Nickname(s): Sarbi, Cleopah, Jasmine, Cleo, Levi or Levira
Pride Points: 59

Postby SimbasMate » December 1st, 2015, 4:19 am

I hope I will have no need for anxiety meds tonight. :/
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Leviara_Lioness » December 1st, 2015, 4:22 am

[quote="SimbasMate"]I hope I will have no need for anxiety meds tonight. :/[/quote]
**Huggs tight SimbasMate, I hope hon you feel better sweetheart!!** :hug3:
Leviara_Lioness
Israeli Princess Lioness

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Queen Elsa » December 1st, 2015, 4:24 am

Wait, is that the problem? Did I send it to the wrong address? Because in the catalog it has it as [name].[name], while the syllabus for her class has [name]_[name]. Maybe I should copy, paste, and resend my email to that address. :think:
Signature made by Marizzle.

I'm feeling...
ImageImageImage
Queen Elsa
You've lost everything

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Your father, your tribe, your best friend

Nickname(s): Elsa, NKL, NalaKiaraLuver, QE, QI, Bulma
Pride Points: 57

Postby Carl » December 1st, 2015, 4:25 am

@Leviara, I'll leave my answer in a spoiler. It's getting a bit long and I'm sure some people won't like my opinion, lol. :P
Spoiler: show
[quote="Leviara_Lioness"] Hey Dixon , not kidding too I've had how do i say this, seen things in my room in whats called "Paranormal" activity, call me nuts, but I've watched TAPS/GHI (Ghost Hunters International) no joke I've seen stuff that goes beyond explanation, I've seen strange glowing orbs too, in my room.. my room seems to be a hot spot.. our home has a history, murder especially, of a teenage girl she was killed at 17 yrs old, dad lion found her bracelet a nickel plated copper bracelet with a steel heart charm attached, it was hidden in the wall behind the toilet, which the bathroom is upstairs and is next to my bed room... the family was a cult thing, i leaned they killed her cause she wanted out of the cult, so they killed her to silence her, the father and brother killed her, mom stayed quiet and covered it up..she was killed in my bed room, where I stay/sleep..gives me the creeps.... The basement seem's to have strong paranormal activity stuff too..I heard things move and seen i dunno how to say it, but i seen (white vapor like form move around) as with orbs too!

I'm thinking I live in a haunted room/home..I not really surprised I end up getting the bed room where the girl was murdered X_x :-o
[/quote]
Well, I don't know about any of that; I know a lot of what people attribute to being paranormal is perfectly explainable without ghosts or ghouls, and I know it's possible what I've experienced isn't ghostly as well. Even if it is what it seems to be, I'm sure there will one day be an explanation that makes sense and makes it less spooky. That said not everything that exists can currently be explained, and I certainly check off any logical explanations before attributing anything to being supernatural.

With a lot of people, one weird thing happens and they cry "ghost!" They get on TV and people act like ghosts are the only possible excuse when another reason is glaringly obvious that has nothing to do with anything out of the ordinary. I'm sure some of what I initially perceived to be spiritual activity was simply a misunderstanding or even a hallucination on my part. Generally speaking I don't believe any stories like the ones you see on TV "some horrible event happened here, someone died, and now their spirit haunts the place"... yeah, no. I don't think anything works like that. Many of them are obviously made up or scripted.

What I do know is some things have happened to my family that five logical minds with access to the internet couldn't find explanations for, some of which seems sentient. We refer to these instances as being encounters with spirits, and for the time being, that's about the best we can do. Logically, I know that ghosts shouldn't exist, because it doesn't make sense. However, at present, next to nothing makes sense to me, and I have a very limited understanding and ability to understand even. I'm only human and emotions run me more than logic does, though I try to keep an equilibrium between the two. Is there a better explanation for the things we couldn't find? Possibly, maybe even probably. I'm not perfect, I don't know everything, and I really don't have to be. If these things have been spirits, they've not done us much harm, and there's really no need to make a big deal about them. I just find these TV shows to be quite the joke.

"OH NO, 40 years ago I played with a ouija board, now my kids are suffering, GHOSTS, GHOSTS, PRIEST COME HELP!!!"

I'm sorry that's just asinine and funny to me.

I don't know what is in your house, and for that matter, I don't know what's in mine. A lot of those people on the tele were NOT haunted though, I can guarantee that. It's important to keep in mind that the brain is a powerful thing, it can trick itself and can indeed make us see things that we expect to see whether those things are there or not. Does this mean there aren't ghosts/spirits? No. My experience leads me to conclude they are there, but if so, not the way they are on TV, and there is the possibility that I'm wrong. I'm sort of somewhere between "skeptic" and "OMG GHOSTS", working with my own experience since I can't find any solid ways to prove or disprove some of this stuff.

---

Alright, I wonder how much I can get written tonight, assuming I don't get distracted a million times.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Leviara_Lioness » December 1st, 2015, 4:30 am

[quote="Killjoy Dixon"]@Leviara, I'll leave my answer in a spoiler. It's getting a bit long and I'm sure some people won't like my opinion, lol. :P
Spoiler: show
[quote="Leviara_Lioness"] Hey Dixon , not kidding too I've had how do i say this, seen things in my room in whats called "Paranormal" activity, call me nuts, but I've watched TAPS/GHI (Ghost Hunters International) no joke I've seen stuff that goes beyond explanation, I've seen strange glowing orbs too, in my room.. my room seems to be a hot spot.. our home has a history, murder especially, of a teenage girl she was killed at 17 yrs old, dad lion found her bracelet a nickel plated copper bracelet with a steel heart charm attached, it was hidden in the wall behind the toilet, which the bathroom is upstairs and is next to my bed room... the family was a cult thing, i leaned they killed her cause she wanted out of the cult, so they killed her to silence her, the father and brother killed her, mom stayed quiet and covered it up..she was killed in my bed room, where I stay/sleep..gives me the creeps.... The basement seem's to have strong paranormal activity stuff too..I heard things move and seen i dunno how to say it, but i seen (white vapor like form move around) as with orbs too!

I'm thinking I live in a haunted room/home..I not really surprised I end up getting the bed room where the girl was murdered X_x :-o
[/quote]
Well, I don't know about any of that; I know a lot of what people attribute to being paranormal is perfectly explainable without ghosts or ghouls, and I know it's possible what I've experienced isn't ghostly as well. Even if it is what it seems to be, I'm sure there will one day be an explanation that makes sense and makes it less spooky. That said not everything that exists can currently be explained, and I certainly check off any logical explanations before attributing anything to being supernatural.

With a lot of people, one weird thing happens and they cry "ghost!" They get on TV and people act like ghosts are the only possible excuse when another reason is glaringly obvious that has nothing to do with anything out of the ordinary. I'm sure some of what I initially perceived to be spiritual activity was simply a misunderstanding or even a hallucination on my part. Generally speaking I don't believe any stories like the ones you see on TV "some horrible event happened here, someone died, and now their spirit haunts the place"... yeah, no. I don't think anything works like that. Many of them are obviously made up or scripted.

What I do know is some things have happened to my family that five logical minds with access to the internet couldn't find explanations for, some of which seems sentient. We refer to these instances as being encounters with spirits, and for the time being, that's about the best we can do. Logically, I know that ghosts shouldn't exist, because it doesn't make sense. However, at present, next to nothing makes sense to me, and I have a very limited understanding and ability to understand even. I'm only human and emotions run me more than logic does, though I try to keep an equilibrium between the two. Is there a better explanation for the things we couldn't find? Possibly, maybe even probably. I'm not perfect, I don't know everything, and I really don't have to be. If these things have been spirits, they've not done us much harm, and there's really no need to make a big deal about them. I just find these TV shows to be quite the joke.

"OH NO, 40 years ago I played with a ouija board, now my kids are suffering, GHOSTS, GHOSTS, PRIEST COME HELP!!!"

I'm sorry that's just asinine and funny to me.

I don't know what is in your house, and for that matter, I don't know what's in mine. A lot of those people on the tele were NOT haunted though, I can guarantee that. It's important to keep in mind that the brain is a powerful thing, it can trick itself and can indeed make us see things that we expect to see whether those things are there or not. Does this mean there aren't ghosts/spirits? No. My experience leads me to conclude they are there, but if so, not the way they are on TV, and there is the possibility that I'm wrong. I'm sort of somewhere between "skeptic" and "OMG GHOSTS", working with my own experience since I can't find any solid ways to prove or disprove some of this stuff.

---

Alright, I wonder how much I can get written tonight, assuming I don't get distracted a million times.[/quote]

Ok I see youre point Dixon. I'll stay neutral on it.. afterall I'm 13, jumpy and highly emotional you know, I wonder if hormones at my age can do stuff? but yeah, this is prolly all in my lioness head..I just leave it at that.
Leviara_Lioness
Israeli Princess Lioness

Postby HereWeStand » December 1st, 2015, 4:33 am

The real world is too excruciatingly boring for anything paranormal to be real.
HereWeStand
-

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby S1mb4 D4 L10n » December 1st, 2015, 5:21 am

Hmm I should get started now
S1mb4 D4 L10n
A man of knowledge lives by

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

acting, not by thinking about acting.

Nickname(s): S4mb4, Jacket, Jnack, MLK Drama Detective :P
Pride Points: 58

Postby Si-Amber » December 1st, 2015, 6:05 am

Why do I keep waking up so early on my days off?
Si-Amber

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 74

Postby Buffy » December 1st, 2015, 6:37 am

Better get to sleep soon'ish. Got work again tomorrow.
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games