Even MORE TLK comics!?

Re: Even MORE TLK comics!?

Postby PrinceTaka » August 28th, 2010, 1:23 pm

[quote="Nitrol"]I found a few comics in my native language (Polish):

Zabawa dla dużego:
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3[/quote]

Thanks for them even though one of them (the one with no name) has been posted earlier in this thread but in German instead. Could you say what is happening in that comic with a giant Simba!? :-o
PrinceTaka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Nitrol » August 28th, 2010, 1:30 pm

That was only a dream, normally they ran under other rock ;)
PS. Sorry for my english...
Nitrol

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nit, Mosi
Pride Points: 9

Postby PrinceTaka » August 28th, 2010, 1:35 pm

Ok, then I understand.
PrinceTaka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Akril » August 29th, 2010, 1:09 am

Wow, these comics just keep on popping up! Thanks, Nitrol and Taka! I missed out on most of these Disney Adventures comics when they were first published, so it's nice to see them now.

I may try to translate some of those Polish comics, but the small text size makes some of them hard to read. By the way, the "comic with no name" is "Two Singers on Tour", which also appears in German (which I've been unable to translate myself).

I think that red-headed female meerkat in "Pumbaa's Jump" is Lola. She appears in at least one other comic (this one, which I might try translating, as tiny as it is).

Wait, is Pumbaa wearing a leopard skin in that first English T&P comic? That's...dark.

EDIT: Hey, I've been looking for the "Simba Jasnowidz" comic for a while! I've seen the first page on the INDUCKS site (the English name they gave it is "Monkey Magic"), but I haven't been able to find the whole comic anywhere! Thanks again!
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Pride Points: 22

Postby Nitrol » August 29th, 2010, 8:27 am

[quote]Wait, is Pumbaa wearing a leopard skin in that first English T&P comic? That's...dark.[/quote]
Yeah! xD

[quote]I think that red-headed female meerkat in "Pumbaa's Jump" is Lola. She appears in at least one other comic (this one, which I might try translating, as tiny as it is).[/quote]
Yes, its Lola "Ma się rozumieć, droga Lulo" But why in this comic Timon is Tymon and Lola is Lula?

[quote]I may try to translate some of those Polish comics, but the small text size makes some of them hard to read.[/quote]
"Dreams":
2. [Sklep z nartami] (Ski shop)
7. [Wejście na wyciąg narciarski] (entry to the ski lift)
(i can't read it too, but maybe "A było tak pięknie..." ?)

"Pumba's Jump":
- Ach, Timon, prawdziwy z ciebie dżentelmen! Tak nie lubię brudzić sobie stóp! (Ach, Timon, you are true gentelman! I don't like so much the dirty feet!)
- Ma się rozumieć, droga Lulo! Jestem zawsze do usług! (As a matter of course! Always at your service!)
- Ciekawe, co Timon ukrywa pod tym ogromnym liściem?
- Własnym oczom nie wierzę! Wspaniała, mulista, rozgrzana słońcem... (I can't believe my eyes! Wonderful, muddy, sun-warmed...
- Dzięki Timon! (Thank you Timon!)
- ...kałuża!!! (...puddle!!! / ...pool!!!)
- Rrrrr! (Grrrr!)
- O co chodzi? Przecież chodziło jej tylko o stopy, prawda? (What's up? [i can't translate the rest])

Comic creators:
http://lambiek.net/artists/s/storino-nicolucci.htm
http://lambiek.net/artists/m/martin_oscar.htm
http://lambiek.net/artists/q/quartieri_cosme.htm
http://lambiek.net/artists/m/moore_sparky.htm
http://lambiek.net/artists/r/rodriguez_angel.htm
http://leeuwenkoning.webs.com/neplionkingcover.jpg :lol: Polish comic

EDIT:
"Dziennik Timona - Nie bujaj!" (Thanks to Safura123 for scanning it :) )
Nitrol

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nit, Mosi
Pride Points: 9

Postby Akril » August 31st, 2010, 3:50 am

Thank you! That really helped! I'll try to translate and post the comics when I have the time.

About the female meerkat, apparently her name is Lulu, not Lola. Lulu has appeared in other comics (like the last one you posted), but she has blond hair in all of them. I guess the artist made a mistake with "Pumbaa's Jump".

That Polish comic cover is pretty funny, too.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Postby Akril » August 31st, 2010, 9:15 pm

All right, here are most of the one-page comics I translated (thanks again, Nitrol!)

Pumbaa's Splash: (I'm not sure why I renamed it that, but the name stuck.)

Eau de Pumbaa: This red-headed meerkat looks a lot like Lulu, and she isn't named in this comic. Since Lulu has given red hair in "Pumbaa's Splash", I'm starting to wonder if this meerkat isn't her as well (though she's called Lola in the INDUCKS database). And maybe it's just me, but Lulu/Lola seems to be more attracted to Pumbaa than Timon in some of these comics.

No Swing: Poor Lulu makes the mistake of humoring Timon again...

Dreams: This comic didn't really need a translation since it's easy to figure out the story based on the images alone, but I figured, what the heck.

Stop Snoring: A T&P comic I managed to find myself. I admit that the only reason I hunted it down was because it had a cool-looking leopard in it.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Postby SilverSimba01 » August 31st, 2010, 9:17 pm

they are great comics, but I don't know Polish
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby Akril » August 31st, 2010, 10:39 pm

[quote="SilverSimba01"]they are great comics, but I don't know Polish[/quote]
As I said before, I'm trying to translate them and post the English versions. Google Translate does a pretty good job at translating Polish.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Postby Akril » September 2nd, 2010, 7:41 pm

Well, it looks like "Dreams" and "No Swing" violated Photobucket's terms of service and were taken down. I'm not sure why they were taken down when none of the many other translated comic pages weren't. Hopefully, it won't happen again. I've re-uploaded them to a folder on my own site, however.

I've also uploaded another comic here. The Polish title roughly translated to "Simba the Seer" but I thought the INDUCKS title of "Monkey Magic" was more fitting.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King