Even MORE TLK comics!?

Re: Even MORE TLK comics!?

Postby Akril » May 30th, 2010, 8:28 am

Oops, I completely forgot this one:

Small Giants (or, as I'd call it, "The Lion King" meets "Them!")
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 22

Postby PrincessKiara » May 30th, 2010, 4:35 pm

Ooh so many TLK comics! It was wonderful for me personally to read the one about the ants, I remember it well from.. well, it must be around ten years ago now it was published, at least here. :P

Thanks a lot for taking the time and effort to do this, Akril. It’s hugely appreciated!

EDIT: In the Zazu’s Girl comic (4th page. 3rd panel.) Zazu has two heads! :lol:
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Akril » May 30th, 2010, 9:50 pm

[quote="PrincessKiara"]Ooh so many TLK comics! It was wonderful for me personally to read the one about the ants, I remember it well from.. well, it must be around ten years ago now it was published, at least here. :P

Thanks a lot for taking the time and effort to do this, Akril. It’s hugely appreciated![/quote]
You're welcome! The only TLK comics I read growing up were a few Timon and Pumbaa ones that were published in Disney Adventures (as well as the comic novelization of the movie that also appeared in DA), so it's great to discover all these new ones (even if it does mean having to translate them in order to understand them).

[quote]EDIT: In the Zazu’s Girl comic (4th page. 3rd panel.) Zazu has two heads! :lol:[/quote]
I think the artist meant to have him looking back and forth between Simba and his girlfriend, but without any motion lines, he does look he has two heads.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Akril » June 2nd, 2010, 7:36 am

More comics!

The Flying Lion: Simba decides that he wants to fly -- you'd think he'd have learned his lesson after that attempt with Tojo's birds. (In fact, according to INDUCKS, this comic came out just a few months after "The Orphaned Birds," in 1999)

Wake Up: This comic actually came out this year, apparently by the same artist who did "Landslide". Simba still has that Outlander thing going with his eyes.

Rafiki's Cousin: That's right, it's a new semi-canon character with a name (and a serious weight problem as well)!

The Journey: Rafiki takes Simba on a rather odd journey. This comic was so-so, and I had a few problems translating parts of it.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Postby Simbaholikov » June 2nd, 2010, 11:44 pm

More awesome comics :)
I'm noticing on some of the comics it looks like the drawings were referenced from the film itself a little bit ^^
Nice work on translation, yet again :)
Simbaholikov

Postby Cappio » June 3rd, 2010, 12:09 am

OK hello, I will make a comic. It shall be Called The Unwanted Visit. Zazu's mother comes to town and something BIG happens. Please no stealing my idea. Thanks!
Forever Gleek
Cappio

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): misti
Pride Points: 0

Postby Akril » June 3rd, 2010, 4:03 am

[quote="Simbaholic"]More awesome comics :)
I'm noticing on some of the comics it looks like the drawings were referenced from the film itself a little bit ^^[/quote]
Yeah, I noticed that as well. I tend to write down my observations from the various pages in their descriptions, and I've pointed out a few panels which look like copies of clipart or screenshot poses.
[quote="Simbaholic"]Nice work on translation, yet again :)[/quote]
Thanks.

[quote="Vitanisdude"]OK hello, I will make a comic. It shall be Called The Unwanted Visit. Zazu's mother comes to town and something BIG happens. Please no stealing my idea. Thanks![/quote]
Er...this thread was originally about a page I discovered that listed TLK comics that were published in various foreign magazines and comic books, and when I found some of these comics, I started posting them here. If you're making a comic of your own, that's great, but you might want to post it in the Fan Art sub-forum instead of this thread.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Postby Cappio » June 3rd, 2010, 9:41 pm

Oh ok. Sorry! Will not happen again! I may be a master at computers, but when it comes to forums~:P
Forever Gleek
Cappio

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): misti

Postby Akril » June 14th, 2010, 8:48 am

Four more comics:

A Visit From Afar: Simba meets a penguin. Yeah...that's pretty much all I can say.

The Crocobuffalion: Simba is completely bored with Zazu's lessons. When Zazu flies off, however, he gets into some trouble that Simba and Nala have to get him out of. This comic is one of the oddest ones I've found. It jumps from unrelated event to unrelated event, and doesn't tie things up as neatly as most of the other stories. And don't get me started on those birds...

The Best Sitter on the Savannah: Mufasa and Sarabi leave Zazu in charge of babysitting Simba and Nala. The translation in this one isn't that good, but I think the message gets through.

Finding Food: Simba, Timon and Pumbaa and the problems that come with living together.

I've now translated all but one of the comics I've been able to find. I've had trouble translating the last one, so I don't know when it will be ready. However, here is the untranslated version (the pictures are very big, so expect a wait if you have a slow connection):

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6

From what I've been able to figure out, Mufasa is planning a big party, and Nala asks to help put it together. Simba is asked to help too, but he keeps slacking off and coming up with bigger and bigger lies about why he's not helping. He is finally shamed into helping to clean up after the party by Mufasa and Nala.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Postby SuperBabySimba » June 14th, 2010, 9:57 am

Is there none originally in english? o.O Except maybe the film in a comic book form, which in my opinion, is quite lame.

But I love those german/whatever language comics. My favorites are the Shooring Stars one - darn, it's way too cute!! - and the one where Simba and Tojo care for the bird babies. <3 I don't know why but I kinda fell in love with Tojo, though we didn't even really get to know him. : D

[quote="Akril"]The Flying Lion: Simba decides that he wants to fly -- you'd think he'd have learned his lesson after that attempt with Tojo's birds. (In fact, according to INDUCKS, this comic came out just a few months after "The Orphaned Birds," in 1999)[/quote]

But Simba says in this comic that he's never tried flying, so apparently this one sets to a time before the orphaned birds. Btw, this became another favorite of mine. I love the cute drawing style anyway + the ending box here. x)

That Giant Ants one is freakin' hilarious!

Thank you so much, Akril, for translating these! <3

But most o fthe earlier page's links don't work anymore. :/ At least not for me.
Image Image
Signature pictures © SuperBabySimba
"Never trust the future... Never miss the past.
If you live for the shining moment, the moment may just last."

~*~*~THE LION KING AU ROLEPLAY GAME~*~*~
SuperBabySimba

Avarar by SuperBabySimba

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King