Are Shenzi, Banzai &Ed good enough get a movie of their own?

hypothetical future movie

Yes
21%
Maybe
7%
No, the next movie should be about something else
21%
No, they've done enough
43%
I'm fine either way
7%

Total votes : 14

Re: Should Shenzi, Banzai & Ed get a movie?

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 14th, 2013, 8:11 pm

Still, I think the franchise deserves another chance.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby Ninaroja » November 14th, 2013, 8:55 pm

You keep on and on referring to the hyenas as "loved". Where are you getting this opinion from? Certainly on this website we've established from your many threads that most people do not care.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby EdtheHyena » November 30th, 2013, 2:03 am

Of course! I think the hyenas do have a strong cult following, Ninaroja, which was what Simba was probably getting "loved" from.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby Biomac » December 1st, 2013, 8:10 pm

I personally don't think we need another LK movie, neither about the hyenas, or even about Mufasa's and Scar's childhood. There is a time when things gotta stop, and not to mention, TLK is still such a great franchise that'll remembered by a whole generation.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby Animal of the Wild » March 31st, 2014, 6:30 am

[quote="Ninaroja"]You keep on and on referring to the hyenas as "loved". Where are you getting this opinion from? Certainly on this website we've established from your many threads that most people do not care.[/quote]

Well, they are cute, funny, and make pretty good characters. So what if they're villians? As long as you don't take their actions into the real world, there's nothing wrong with loving them. But to anyone who doesn't, I completely respect and understand, and encourage them to continue with their beliefs.
Animal of the Wild

Pride Points: -18

Re: Are Shenzi, Banzai &Ed good enough get a movie of their

Postby Eli_Ayase » March 31st, 2014, 1:01 pm

I'd say, No.

I don't hate the hyenas, but I don't think a movie for them would do well. It would be just as annoying as the Timon and Pumbaa show. I rather would prefer a movie about the time when Taka/Scar was a little cub (I don't really want it that much). But the three hyenas solo on a movie... No. They were fine side-villains, but as main characters... wouldn't go well.

That's why you have things called Fan-Fiction and Fan-Art. If it all was already said, it wouldn't be that fun now would it? For the fans that like writing and drawing. If the NOW Disney would keep making sequels... they'd be terrible, I can assure that. ('Cause all sequels every time were terrible to some movies, and I would hate for them to ruin TLK).
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby MooLion » March 31st, 2014, 1:05 pm

I wouldn't completely rule out another film sometime in the future. We know what the film industry can be like. More likely not, but I couldn't 100% assure there wouldn't be another TLK film, even if they waited until twenty plus years time. As much as I like to keep seeing the characters 'active', I don't think yet another film would be a good idea. Enough is enough, don't taint the quality of the originals, etc. - these things that the movie industry don't seem to consider when there's dollar signs in their eyes.

Perhaps a film which included the hyenas would have been good years ago, and I did say in another thread that when I imagined what a TLK sequel would be like I was even thinking 'The Hyenas' Return' (at least I was highly accurate about the Jungle Book sequel :P). However now it would just seem like more milking of the franchise. Really, the only way the hyenas could have a film is by them returning to cause mischief or something - anything else would be stupid, and even that could be handled rubbishly.

If they did plan to do another film someday, whether about Mufasa and Scar as children or Kiara and Kovu's cub/s, they'd better darn well put a looot of effort into it. :roll:
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Lauren » March 31st, 2014, 1:15 pm

I'd say no.

I don't really hate them or dislike them, but their not strong enough as characters to have a movie centered on them.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to Beyond The Lion King