[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Was Scar Around For Kovu's Birth? — My Lion King Forum

Was Scar Around For Kovu's Birth?

Re: Was Scar Around For Kovu's Birth?

Postby KiarasMate » August 19th, 2009, 5:20 am

KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

Postby Lionking012 » August 22nd, 2009, 10:47 pm

I dont understand this I may be wrong.
Yes kovu could be adopted. But where were all the oustiders now, when mufasa was once king? over near the elephant graveyard where scar hung about with the hyenas? isnt that where nuka and vitani went and caught the sticks on fire for the pridelands? maybe scar is kovu real father and zira was his mate, but if they were banished after simba came back and "scars horrible death" led them to where they are now. Gosh i cant explain it. The elephant grave yard is outside the pride lands. simba was told never to go there.

Im not sure i dont even think i explained it well enough. I tried.
but i do think scar was around when kovu was born.
Lionking012

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby NightyByeSparrow » August 24th, 2009, 10:50 am

[quote="KiarasMate"]Well, if that be the case, then how are Kovu and Kiara around the same age when they meet in TLK2SP then? That would mean that Kovu would have had to stay a cub for quite some time. lol. ^^

After reviewing one more piece from TLK2SP, I noticed one more line, spoken by Nuka that added something new to this topic.

At the start of the scene when it shows The Outlandes and Vitani and Nuka for the first time, Nuka states:
Kovu, Kovu, Kovu. Scar wasn't even his father, he just took him in."

That phrase that's underlined, it would lead us now, to
believe that Kovu WAS around when Scar was...but here again, we're talking about Nuka. If Zira ain't sane
in the membrain,
than Nuka is a few lions short of a Pride himself. >.>
Still, he'd have no reason to make
such a thing up, seeing as he was talking to himself.
lol. ^^ So, does this change anyone's
mind now? ^^[/quote]
After looking at the same topic on TLKPF, it seems you have changed my mind, and didn't Kovu say, "Scar wasn't even my father..he just took me in" or something that?

This means that Kovu is obviously the adopted son of scar and Zira. My theory of this is maybe a friend / acquantice of Zira was going to have a cub, and male or female, Scar and Zira would take in the cub as their own for whatever reason.
Being malnourished in the Outlands and scars reign,
Kovu probably didn't grow much, or just another stupid Disney mistake. After all, how healthy and well grown is Nuka?
NightyByeSparrow

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Sparrow
Pride Points: 3

Postby Simba » August 24th, 2009, 6:11 pm

[quote="KiarasMate"]Well, if that be the case, then how are Kovu and Kiara around the same age when they meet in TLK2SP then? That would mean that Kovu would have had to stay a cub for quite some time. lol. ^^ [/quote]

they aren't the same age. Disney just kinda forgot what the size ratio should be lol. if you're familiar with the deleted scene where Vitani and Nuka get back from spying on Kiara's presentation, Kovu and Vitani were both old enough to be walking around and talking.

and of course Scar isn't Kovu's father, that's stated far too much in the movie to really think otherwise :lol: and Kovu does say it himself too, "He wasn't my father...but he was still a part of me" or something to that effect. Nuka is pretty much the questionable one of Zira's cubs. it's pretty undetermined whether he is or isn't Scar's. there's not enough in TLK2 to support or deny it.

I do like the idea of Kovu and Vitani having somewhat stunted growth, that would make so much sense since they're both Kiara's size pretty much yet they're older. so instead of being all scrawny like Nuka, they just took longer to grow. sort of like my cat who became sick at a young age and at 2 months was about the size of a week-old kitten. so I could see that happening.
Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Postby KiarasMate » August 30th, 2009, 11:03 am

Yup, that is true, but perhaps that's why they took that scene out, since it would imply that Kovu was older than Kiara, when in fact, they wanted them to be around the same age, seeing how Disney loves that sort of stuff. ^^
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Nickname(s): KM

Postby Annie » September 25th, 2009, 5:09 pm

I have a theory :)

Lions don't often give birth near the pride, so maybe Zira went off on her own to find somewhere safe away from the hyenas to give birth. A few days/weeks/whatever later, Scar comes to visit her and makes Kovu is his heir, regardless if he's his or not (Maybe Zira lied and said he is because he's the same colour...ish)
When Scar returned he found out that Sarabi and the other lionesses hadn't been hunting or hadn't found anything on there last hunt...so Scar hits her...and the you know what happens from here :P...

But Zira had some friends who were loyal to Scar and they got angry with Simba...who kicked them out...and on the way to the outlands they found Zira...who made herself their Queen?

I dunno XD
Annie
Hyena

Rawr

Pride Points: 29

Postby Simba » September 27th, 2009, 10:13 pm

that's a pretty cool theory, Annie, it could work. one of the better explanations.

[quote="Lionking012"] But where were all the oustiders now, when mufasa was once king?[/quote]

Scar originally was going to take over the throne with the more renegade lionesses in the pride. but when they started causing problems, Mufasa banished them to the Outlands (which is why Simba says "My father's law will prevail."). Scar managed to get out of it clean, and we all know how he ended up using the hyenas instead.

so when no lionesses were remotely interested in being his queen, he might've went to the Outlands with a proposition that he'd let them back into the pride if they could produce a strong, male heir.
Simba

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Postby thanigraphics » October 5th, 2009, 1:12 pm

I don't see the wrongness in these quotes. Simba might found out the Outlanders were helping Scar days after his death. There could have been days between Scars death and Simba banishing the Outlanders.
It's also possible that Kovu was already alive when Scar was king. So he could have been hand-chosen by Scar, why not?
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Postby Zeke » October 9th, 2009, 3:54 am

I actually think Scar was around because of KM's quotes. If you look at the sentence carefully, you will see that there is a possibly optional comma in it. Even though the sentence may have been pronounced that way (I forget if it is), it may not have been meant to. Without the comma, it would be ”Kovu was the last born before you exiled us to The Outlandes, where we have little food, less water…” which would mean that Kovu would be around before they were exiled which meant there was a high possibility that Scar was around during this time.

And to bring up another random, senseless conflict using Moka's quote:
[quote="Moka"]Zira: "He was hand chosen by Scar..."[/quote]
How would they know what a hand is? O.o
Zeke
Deeq

Pride Points: 18

Postby Wereberess » April 17th, 2010, 5:11 pm

I think Scar and Chumvi mated Zira at about the same time.
Chumvi was Kovu's father
Vitani was Scar's daughter
However being the loyal mate she was she told Scar about Kovu not being his own. Scar freaked out but didn't kill Kovu. If he wanted a new heir he'd have to kill Vitani, his own daughter, as well. That and he didn't have the patience to wait again. This explains why he goes mad and tries to make Nala his queen. (Scar says he NEEDS a queen, implying he didn't have one or think about having one until Nala walked in. He also says he'll have cubs, stating without them he's a dead end, which also implies even though Zira was a fanatic she had no cubs from him. Though his could just be an effect of him going mad or since Kovu wasn't his he didn't believe Nuka or Vitani was his either.) So Scar reluctantly chose Kovu to rule after him. After the Nala incident Simba returned and usurped Scar. The lionesses told Simba she along with many other lionesses were loyal to Scar's cause and a danger to the rest of the pride. Simba exiles them a few months later Kovu and Kiara are born and then starts SP
Wereberess

Pride Points: 0

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King