Do you ever try to find things you may have missed?

Do you ever try to find things you may have missed?

Postby Luigi Severus » June 29th, 2013, 1:20 am

When watching the movies for the millionth time, do you try to find things you may have missed? As in references to other media/movies/songs? Historical references, finally understanding something, errors and Easter eggs?

I do all the time, I just haven't found anything interesting though.
He used to give me roses... I wish he would again...
Luigi Severus
Sideshow Bob

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Mario

Pride Points: -6

Re: Do you ever try to find things you may have missed?

Postby TheLionPrince » June 29th, 2013, 4:40 am

I do that most of the time whenever I rewatch a movie after learning of some goofs, learn some interesting production history, or to find to Easter eggs. Pertaining to The Lion King, I sometimes look for goofs and Easter eggs. One time I rewind and fastforward the scene when the dust subliminally spells "SEX" and look for differences between the original 1994 print and the 2003 Platinum Edition print. Another time is when I rewatched The Lion King 1½ to play a bonus feature game where you look for Hidden Mickeys.

Some goofs I recently notice were:

Notice how the sun is seen setting on to left side of Simba.

Now the sun is setting in front of Simba.

Another one is concerning Timon and Pumbaa's water dive jump. I learned this from a YouTube comment:

Notice how Timon's body mass manages to a splash in the water whereas...

there is virtually no splash in Pumbaa's dive despite that he has a bigger body mass.

Here's another pop culture reference that I learned from website some months ago:

[quote="TheLionPrince"]Image

Scar does the "Alien"

Here's an actual picture of what it's referencing:

Image[/quote]
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby DGFone » June 29th, 2013, 4:45 am

The sun example can be easily explained by the fact that the sun is setting and a different camera angel can make the difference between it being at the edge of the screen or the center.

And I am also sure that the splash that Pumbaa makes, being smaller than Timon's, was also done on purpose for a comedic effect. Timon splashes a bit, Pumbaa doesn't, while Simba creates a Tsunami.

As for myself, I don't watch the movie for these references, for once I know about them they are very easy to spot, but I don't know enough popular culture to spot them myself.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 25th, 2013, 12:13 am

[quote="DGFone"]
And I am also sure that the splash that Pumbaa makes, being smaller than Timon's, was also done on purpose for a comedic effect. Timon splashes a bit, Pumbaa doesn't, while Simba creates a Tsunami.
[/quote]

Um, is it wrong that I think it's cute that Simba creates a tsunami? :umm:
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby Meskhenet » October 26th, 2013, 3:33 am

No it isn't. I find it both cute AND funny.
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 26th, 2013, 8:45 pm

Cool! :)

Yeah, it is pretty funny! :)
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby Buffy » November 17th, 2013, 7:55 pm

I personally never look for anything while watching a movie. I watch it to enjoy it, and if I happen to stumble upon any Easter eggs then that's cool. But I never look for them.
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby Biomac » November 30th, 2013, 7:16 am

Good ones Chris, didn't noticed the one with sun though.

And yeah I do that too, as much as I can.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby EdtheHyena » December 9th, 2013, 12:20 am

On observation, it's easy to understand why Timon makes a bigger splash than Pumbaa.

As you can see, Timon is curled up in a ball and using his whole body mass when he goes into the water, and consequently makes a fairly big splash for a meerkat.

Pumbaa, however, is doing a nose dive, which, when done properly, can have the opposite effect.

Simba, being the biggest and heaviest of the two, is obviously going to make the biggest splash no matter what, but as you can see here, he pretty much lands on his back (which, when you think about it, is probably pretty painful!), which creates, to paraphrase DGFone, a tsunami.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby PrincessKiara » December 12th, 2013, 12:37 am

I rarely try to find/look for references, easter eggs, etc.. I do sometimes notice things/understand things I didn`t before, if I haven`t seen a film in a long time.
Regarding TLK, I have sometimes looked for things that have been mentioned online/in interviews with the filmmakers.

As for Pumbaa making pratically no splash, I`ve always noticed and smiled a bit at that. ;)
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King