Future Of the franchise

Re: Future Of the franchise

Postby EdtheHyena » December 30th, 2013, 7:20 am

[quote="Annie"]I don't see them as evil either. They just do what hyena's do![/quote]

That is very true, but since they were trying to kill Simba that makes me see them as bad guys.[/quote]

But Simba was a very annoying, bratty little cub...come on, don't tell me that deep down a part of you wasn't rooting for them!

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby SimbasGuard » December 30th, 2013, 4:15 pm

[quote="EdtheHyena"][quote="SimbasGuard"]That is very true, but since they were trying to kill Simba that makes me see them as bad guys.[/quote]

But Simba was a very annoying, bratty little cub...come on, don't tell me that deep down a part of you wasn't rooting for them![/quote]

Not even a little. Even in a case where I find the villain very interesting I never root for them.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Ninaroja » December 31st, 2013, 2:38 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"]
Not even a little. Even in a case where I find the villain very interesting I never root for them.[/quote]

Same, actually. I find characters like Frollo and Jafar and Ursula highly interesting to watch and analyse yet still I don't support them during the course of the film.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby EdtheHyena » December 31st, 2013, 3:34 am

Oh COME ON!!! You're seriously telling me you voted for that ugly, silly little cub over those awesome hyenas??

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbasGuard » December 31st, 2013, 7:21 pm

[quote="EdtheHyena"]Oh COME ON!!! You're seriously telling me you voted for that ugly, silly little cub over those awesome hyenas??[/quote]
Indeed I'm always on the side of the good guys. Although it's nice to know that The Hyenas have their loyal fans as well. 8-)
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Ninaroja » December 31st, 2013, 7:25 pm

[quote="EdtheHyena"]Oh COME ON!!! You're seriously telling me you voted for that ugly, silly little cub over those awesome hyenas??[/quote]

Yep.

First off, ugly = not true. If we're going to be calling any TLK characters ugly then the hyenas would be my first port of call.

And Simba is the protagonist, and since the hyenas work for Scar, the antagonist, and their actions often put the protagonist in peril, that makes them antagonists as well. And since I oppose evil, I oppose the hyenas. Hence, I like Simba.

Sure he's silly at the start of the film, but all kids are. I definitely was. But he grows up! He's forced to do so very quickly as well, going through the incredible trauma of not only losing a parent, but seeing it happen AND being made to think it was his fault.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » December 31st, 2013, 8:13 pm

I'd like a movie about Kovu and Kiara as the rulers of the Pridelands and they accept the hyenas back (Via their cub falling in love with one causing controversy since only lions have been in the throne and they can't produce heirs. Or something like that) or a TV series about Kovu and Kiara as cubs
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara

Postby EdtheHyena » January 1st, 2014, 3:33 am

[quote="Ninaroja"][quote="EdtheHyena"]Oh COME ON!!! You're seriously telling me you voted for that ugly, silly little cub over those awesome hyenas??[/quote]

Yep.

[quote]
First off, ugly = not true. If we're going to be calling any TLK characters ugly then the hyenas would be my first port of call.[/quote]

That is YOUR opinion. I will respect it as long as you respect the fact that I personally find cub Simba ugly as [censored] and the hyenas beautiful as heaven.

[quote]
And Simba is the protagonist, and since the hyenas work for Scar, the antagonist, and their actions often put the protagonist in peril, that makes them antagonists as well. And since I oppose evil, I oppose the hyenas. Hence, I like Simba.
[/quote]

I oppose evil too. But that doesn't mean I can't root for fictional antagonists. And really, they're mainly silly antagonists I find very loveable.

[quote]
Sure he's silly at the start of the film, but all kids are. I definitely was.[/quote]

I don't have anything against silly---what do you think the hyenas are? I just don't like kids. I'm sorry, I just find them annoying.

But, since I like hyenas, I'd probably love the famous three as pups.

[quote]
But he grows up! He's forced to do so very quickly as well, going through the incredible trauma of not only losing a parent, but seeing it happen AND being made to think it was his fault.[/quote][/quote]

I don't have anything against Simba when he grows up. He's not a hyena, he's not beautiful or anything in my opinion, but I don't find him overly annoying and find him more tolerable.

EdtheHyena

Postby ScarLoyal » April 11th, 2014, 12:47 pm

A prequel! Show Mufasa, Taka, Sarabi, Sarafina as cubs! And as well as Ahadi and Uru. :)
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Previous

Return to Beyond The Lion King