Future Of the franchise

Future Of the franchise

Postby Jeperty » May 20th, 2013, 9:39 pm

Just out of curiosity, if Disney were to suddenly announce new additions to the Lion King franchise, what would you want? (Movie, series, etc.) and what/who would you want them to follow?
Last edited by Jeperty on May 21st, 2013, 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeperty

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Re: Future Of the franchise

Postby TheLionPrince » May 20th, 2013, 11:05 pm

If Disney were to continue the Lion King franchise, I would want them to make a prequel film about Mufasa and Scar's childhood or a sequel to The Lion King II.

A television series wouldn't be a bad idea, and if Disney were to make it, I would want it to be about the previous monarchs of the Pride Lands. My vision would have it be like a miniseries or like Star Wars: The Clone Wars with major story and character arcs.
Last edited by TheLionPrince on May 21st, 2013, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby KingCub » May 21st, 2013, 12:25 am

I would like it, but it would be risky on their part knowing that the Lion King series holds such high standards. On the other hand, I kinda don't want them to touch such a classic movie title. I still would want a new movie! :)
You are what you love, not who loves you.
Thanks Regulus for the lovely siggy!
Other Things~
Spoiler: show

Thank you Kib and SimbasMate!

Photography | Ask Me Stuff | Facebook | My Computer
KingCub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KC, Ty
Pride Points: 28

Postby Jeperty » May 21st, 2013, 12:58 am

Well say it wasn't a new movie and it was a TV show like Timon and Pumbaa but with say Simba and Nala as kids or something
Jeperty

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Dark Huntress » May 22nd, 2013, 3:36 am

I'd be afraid that a TV show would degrade the quality of the songs and character development. A movie, on the other hand, if they put the proper time into it, would be lovely! I agree with TLP, either a prequel or a sequel to The Lion King II.

Why? A prequel would show why Scar was the way he was and clear up any loose ends around TLK concerning 'Muffy' and Scar's pasts. A sequel to SP would clear up many of the little split off stories concerning Vitani, etc.

I would hope if they do anything they take the proper time to maintain the same quality and genre of music, dialogue, and character development, as not to change things up-the old way was a good way and it'd be terrible for them to mess with that.
Thx Silver ^^ Image
My MLK Family and Friends: show
Sisters/BFs: Scarsmate, Meeko, Kiki, Redkite, and SimbaObsessor
Uncle: Tora
Godfather: James
Brother: Realmofthedragon
Mother: Wolfishgirl
Aunt: Unikels
ADORBZ [fluffy!] kitty friend: OuRaion

Credits Where Due: show
Thank-you, Darth Julie for the amazing avatar!!!
And thx, Silver for the kickbutt siggy!

My Philosophy: show
Love with every bit of who you really are, not with who you pretend to be.

FanFics:
Feedback appreciated! Please check it out!
Bond of Brothers

All artists, please join me on my art odyssey!
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Postby cleargreenwater » May 22nd, 2013, 3:50 am

I thoroughly enjoyed the Bloopers on the Blu Ray release.

If they could just keep doing that, just 5 or so minutes of extra animation at the end of each home video re-release I'd be overjoyed! Maybe a new Outtake of cub Simba totally missing Zazu in the pouncing lesson scene & flying over him completely, or gopher popping up at the wroing time, silly things like that just to keep the films that are in existence already dynamic & living/alive :-)
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby Tora » May 23rd, 2013, 1:47 am

They could make a TV show about Simba and Nala as kids, but honestly if they did that I would much rather see a lot of work put into it, and not some rushed, and horribly animated show like Timon and Pumbaa. Honestly I liked Cub Simba the most and would love to see more about him. :)
Tora
Never Forget

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Lauren » May 23rd, 2013, 9:34 pm

I would love to see a prequel about Mufasa, Scar, and Sarabi's childhoods. It would be awesome to see how they grew up. I would like to know how Scar got his scar and how their parents were like. :)

I do believe that it will still have its legacy and leave it for generations to enjoy for years. :) <3
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AdAstrα » May 23rd, 2013, 9:37 pm

I'd definitely love some sort of prequel as well, but if they made a TV series about Simba and Nala as cubs.......honestly, I'd probably watch it lol.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Lauren » May 23rd, 2013, 9:39 pm

^ I agree with you and Tim. I would want that show to have well done animation and thought put into the stories. :)
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King