Hollywood's Top 10 Animated Movies

Hollywood's Top 10 Animated Movies

Postby Nitro » April 23rd, 2011, 4:48 pm

Does it bother anyone else that TLK got number 2? I'm not trying to say that it's the best movie in the world and dominates over everything, but we got beat out by a talking green ogre and his pet donkey. That's the part that bothers me. Thoughts?
Nitro
Green Rider

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 20

Re: Hollywood's Top 10 Animated Movies

Postby AdAstrα » April 23rd, 2011, 5:27 pm

Is there any way you could post the whole list? I didn't even know it existed xD
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Whitelionesseyes » April 23rd, 2011, 7:43 pm

By Shrek? Lion king got beat by Shrek? Oh, you gotta be joking me. :headache: :madman:
•·.·¯·.·•—(•÷[•·.·´¯`·.·••°¤*(¯`°(At last I see the light)°´¯)*¤°••·.·´¯`·.·•]÷•)—•·.·¯·.·•

••°¤*(¯`Image°´¯)*¤°••
<º)))><•´¯`•±‡±Sing to me the song of the stars, of your galaxies dancing and laughing and laughing again. When I feel like my home is so far sing to me of the plans for which you sent me to this Earth±‡±•´¯`•><(((º>
Whitelionesseyes
••¤(`×[¤Light Crystal¤]×´)¤••

•°¤*(¯`°(We Are One)°´¯)*¤°•

Nickname(s): •°¤*White, lioness, WLE*¤°•

Postby Thegeni99 » April 23rd, 2011, 7:57 pm

that's so sad, Shrek doesn't even have a message to it. TLK has like tons of them!
Thegeni99
T'cry'la

M.I.A. MLK User

Nickname(s): Gen, TG99, Aitama
Pride Points: 69

Postby DGFone » April 24th, 2011, 3:47 am

I tried watching Shrek. I failed, got bored, and left. It has maybe on or two good jokes, and that's it. Not a great movie. Sometimes I feel like movies are now computer animated to show off their technology more than the story.

Traditionally animated movies have been around since the turning point of the 20th century. The only thing they have to offer is a good story, which is what The Lion King is.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Nitro » April 24th, 2011, 3:56 am

[quote="QueenOfPrideRock"]Is there any way you could post the whole list? I didn't even know it existed xD[/quote]

No, sorry, I don't remember the exact order and can't find it again online. It was an episode of Hollywood's Top 10. But the movies listed were Spirited Away (which is a Japanese movie and I know got 10), The Jungle Story, Monsters, Inc., Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Shrek, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, and 2 others that slipped my mind. But a lot of other great movies didn't make the list either like Balto, Spirit, Fox and the Hound, Bambi, etc. So mad...
Nitro
Green Rider

Pride Points: 20

Postby WildSimba » April 24th, 2011, 4:31 am

Shrek one of the top 10 animated movies? no way.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Thegeni99 » April 24th, 2011, 4:57 pm

this is insane!! Balto, Spirit, Fox and the Hound and Bambi didn't make it?!
Thegeni99
T'cry'la

M.I.A. MLK User

Nickname(s): Gen, TG99, Aitama
Pride Points: 69

Postby SophieCub » April 24th, 2011, 5:02 pm

I dont think its right but Shrek is very popular with smaller kids and I still enjoy it but TLK is better by far. At least it got to number two.
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby Lauren » April 26th, 2011, 6:03 am

[quote="Whitelionesseyes"]By Shrek? Lion king got beat by Shrek? Oh, you gotta be joking me. :headache: :madman:[/quote]
I would have to agree on this. Although I like Shrek, TLK deserves to be as #1 on that list. TLK goes beyond average standard because the animation, dialogue, characters, themes/messages are extremely powerful. Those people need to look back at that list again and re-think twice.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King