The Lion King: Hakuna Matata (no, NOT the movie...)

Re: The Lion King: Hakuna Matata (no, NOT the movie...)

Postby Akril » November 2nd, 2011, 11:22 pm

I know this thread is pretty old, but I'm resurrecting it because Lil_Cheetah and DeviantART user animon are adding more stories to this fairly obscure collection. Some of the new additions are:

Hunt for Help: A retelling of Nala's leaving the Pride Lands to look for help -- quite a different story than the one the musical tells!

All Mud and Motor Mouth: The story of how Timon met Pumbaa. Believe it or not, this is Timon's fourth origin story. In the verse he originally had in "Hakuna Matata", he essentially says that he left his colony because he hated working all the time; in the "Once Upon a Timon" episode of the Timon and Pumbaa Show, he was kicked out of his colony for abandoning his duty and letting a large snake invade it; in TLK 1.5 he leaves his colony after the hyena incident; and in this story he is kicked out of his colony after an eagle attacks it.

Mr. Perfect: A female warthog named Pongaa develops an unwanted crush on Pumbaa. (Woah...watch out, Timon, Pumbaa's catching up with you in the girlfriend department!)

In Deep Water: Simba, Pumbaa and Timon try to solve a water shortage problem...with the help of a reclusive old lion named Tanglemane (translation: ALL NEW SEMI-CANON LION CHARACTER!)

(Oh, and "The Race" (the story where Swifty/Faster the cheetah cub appears)has also been added.)
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 22

Postby SweetNala » November 6th, 2011, 3:29 pm

Wow I read all these straight in like, a day!
signature by Amyz! thanks!
SweetNala

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 7

Postby LilCheetah » November 22nd, 2011, 3:00 pm

I hope you will all be glad to see that the old crappy green scans have been replaced with crisp new pages. There are many stories that still need to be added to the collection, which unfortunately I do not have. My aim is to find people who still own the magazines and ask them to scan them in so the stories can be shared by the Photobucket account. I'll be announcing updates via this group: http://tlkhakunamatata.deviantart.com/.
LilCheetah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Wrightfan » November 23rd, 2011, 12:59 am

Here's an ad for it from Ireland:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DibHMY4ptZQ

I don't remember this so I am pretty sure it was Europe only.
Wrightfan
Let's go Mets!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Andrew
Pride Points: 9

Postby LilCheetah » November 23rd, 2011, 6:08 pm

Wow, I never knew they made an ad! Or maybe I did but I forgot x) great find!
LilCheetah

Pride Points: 0

Postby changa » November 30th, 2011, 1:59 am

Hunt for Help isn't complete! :(
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.
Avatar and siggy by RainbowDash, userbar by me.
changa
Mighty Pirate™!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

How appropriate. You fight like a cow!

Nickname(s): AK, Mhuni, Hooly

Postby Akril » November 30th, 2011, 4:57 am

Actually, it is complete. If the "Next Week: Falling in Love" line on the last page was what made you think that there would be another part of the story where Simba and Nala finally meet and fall in love, that's actually not the case. "Falling in Love" is a completely different story where Timon falls in love with a female meerkat.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 22

Postby changa » November 30th, 2011, 4:59 am

Oh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up!
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.
changa
Mighty Pirate™!

Postby Wrightfan » December 1st, 2011, 2:57 am

Off topic but that Governor Marley/Guybrush Threepwood signature is amazing. Kudos to Dash there :lol:
Wrightfan
Let's go Mets!

Nickname(s): Andrew

Postby changa » December 1st, 2011, 3:11 am

Ah! Another MI fan! I thought I was the only one here. :D
Sorry, didn't mean to mess up your thread. You have a great collection there, Akril!
changa
Mighty Pirate™!

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King