Pride Rock

Re: Pride Rock

Postby SilverSimba01 » October 17th, 2009, 8:48 pm

From all scenaries of Disney, Pride Rock simbolys many things for all of us, for me, symbolys the center of power over the kingdom
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby PrincessKiara » October 19th, 2009, 9:20 pm

I see Pride Rock as the seat of power, it makes a powerful and majestic impression on me. But I also see Pride Rock as Home, a place of peace and safety.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby XxXwhyshouldicareXxX » November 5th, 2009, 7:09 am

I had never really stopped to think about all the symbolism behind Pride Rock, after all, it IS just a rock, but these meanings fit perfectly, and I can't begin to imagine the movie without it. I mean, think about the song 'The Circle of Life' without Pride Rock.
XxXwhyshouldicareXxX

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are the change we wish to see-Within Temptation

Pride Points: 0

Postby KopsTheTerminator » January 29th, 2010, 4:41 pm

[quote="thanigraphics"]It's like a castle and a throne in one, majestuous and visible from a looooooong distance.[/quote]

It also looks like a toilet. LOL

I always wondered how those rocks were there in the first place.. It's something to think about. :hmm:
KopsTheTerminator

Postby Mike » January 29th, 2010, 10:33 pm

Rafiki is a jedi in disguise and he built it with the force.

Yeaaaa maybe that doesn't belong in the "Articles" forum XD

You know it is kinda fishy... I can't really think of a way for those rocks to have gotten like that o.()
Mike

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby SilverSimba01 » March 6th, 2010, 12:13 am

Pride Rock is the most symbolize scenary of all
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby KopaandMheetu » March 8th, 2010, 11:14 pm

I know how Pride Rock was born buy the Kings up in hevin Pride Rock is a buttyful criashon its just wonderfulXD ( =
KopaandMheetu

its to lonly in this world }=

Pride Points: 0

Postby Kina » March 16th, 2010, 8:59 pm

I personally agree with PrincessKiara on this.

Pride Rock is a more or less symbolic area in the Pridelands - A throne, a home to many. The Great Kings must come from somewhere, even the smallest of cubs. To me; the rock is a symbol of strength, power, and protection.
Kina

Kina, lioness of the dusk.

Nickname(s): Moonlight
Pride Points: 9

Postby Simba » March 16th, 2010, 10:45 pm

[quote="Mike"]Rafiki is a jedi in disguise and he built it with the force.

Yeaaaa maybe that doesn't belong in the "Articles" forum XD

You know it is kinda fishy... I can't really think of a way for those rocks to have gotten like that o.()[/quote]

earthquake. the shifting and buckling of the crust could've sent the chunks of rock jutting up into the air. then over time, as dirt/sediment built up on the back of it, trees and other vegetation sprouted along the back slope.

but on to the main topic here. I think it's also a symbol of how no matter the struggles, the spirit of the land (or rather its inhabitants) will manage to last through it all. and during Scar's reign, it's a shadow of the great and magnificent past.
Simba

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Postby thanigraphics » March 19th, 2010, 11:13 pm

I once saw a hilarious pic of a tyrannosaurus rex using Pride Rock as a toilet :mega: In real life Africa, these rock formations do exist, but mostly they aren't as high as the rock seen in TLK. I even saw a documentary about a lion pride who actually used such a rock as their home point to rest and to overlook the savannah. :malka:
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King