A new petition for the next Lion King Movie

Re: A new petition for the next Lion King Movie

Postby KopaSDS » February 8th, 2012, 9:10 pm

thank you :D
KopaSDS
Kopa is my favourtite Charakte

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

SafeDisneyShows

Nickname(s): KopaSDS
Pride Points: 0

Postby TheLionPrince » February 9th, 2012, 4:41 am

I signed the petition! I'm the fifth to sign, if anyone cares.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby KopaSDS » February 9th, 2012, 6:28 pm

thank you :D
we need more signatures ..
Has anyone a idea how we could that?
KopaSDS

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

SafeDisneyShows

Postby Regulus » February 9th, 2012, 7:49 pm

[quote="DGFone"]I won'y mind finding out that Disney will decide to start working on another TLK movie, except for one thing: I don't think it will be any good.

The only reason why Disney will make another movie is to make more cash off the already successful franchise. And seeing the steadily degrading quality of the movies already out (TLK is the best, 1.5 the worst), I would rather live in a world where another TLK movie was not made versus one where the movie was made in the end and failed miserably. Just my $.02.[/quote]

As much as I'd hate to be pessimistic on this, I have to agree.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it. TLK ain't broken.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby KentuckyWildcat » February 10th, 2012, 6:09 am

I'll take the wait and see approach on this. I wouldn't be opposed to a new movie IF it was well made, but even the best stories have to end some time. In fact, TLK's overarching theme makes it almost impossible to end even another movie on a note that excludes any further possibilities for the story so long as new generations keep taking their place in "The Circle of Life". It may be better to end things on a decent note with SP (since 1 1/2 wasn't a true sequel) rather than run the franchise into the ground like others have done in the past.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.
KentuckyWildcat
Mother don't you cry

Hell don't need me

Pride Points: 7

Postby KopaSDS » February 18th, 2012, 4:48 pm

hey guys we are trying to start a new petition today or tomorrow :D
KopaSDS

SafeDisneyShows

Postby Pocahontas » February 20th, 2012, 1:25 am

Um, No, this isn't going to ever happen. John Lassester said "No more sequels to classics" as in, the company has made huge embarrasments to there movies and this means no, this will never happen. John Lassester is strict on this, and TLK was in theaters to promote the Blu-ray release, not to promote a sequel. *head-desk*
Pocahontas

Average Nerd

Pride Points: 7

Postby Simfasa » March 11th, 2012, 12:02 am

There is the side for the new petition.

http://geweihtes-land.de/petition/index.php

It would be great if you could support our petition. :)
Simfasa

Nickname(s): Simfasa

Postby KopaSDS » March 11th, 2012, 2:56 pm

I'll support you.
The Homepage looks amazing :D
KopaSDS

SafeDisneyShows

Postby Amy43 » March 14th, 2012, 12:54 am

I guess I have mixed feelings on this. I don't want them to release another one if it's going to be really bad, not have a lot of the same actors, or isn't a continuation of the story (I'm looking at you, 1 1/2 :x) . But, I'm always eager to hear more of the story.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Amy43

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 4

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King