Did Zira want to be saved?

Did Zira want to be saved?

Postby Golionking » February 20th, 2010, 10:04 pm

Do you think Zira was about to want to be saved when she fell off the cliff?

In one part of this video when Zira fell of the cliff look at her face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri43QnK7ELQ

Click on Vitani to level her up!

Golionking
Vitani Lover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Vitani is awesome!

Nickname(s): GLK
Pride Points: 2

Re: Did Zira want to be saved?

Postby KiarasMate » February 20th, 2010, 11:28 pm

Right before Zira loses her grip upon the cliff, we get a slight impression that maybe she's reconsidering Kiara's offer to help her but we can't really say for sure if she would have actually taken her up on it if she hadn't lost her footing. Of course, in the deleted ending of TLK2SP, it's pretty clear that Zira doesn't want to be saved. lol. I think Disney just chose to go with this type of ending, just to show that even the baddies can have a change of heart, even if it is too late. :) I always thought there was a little part of Zira that was still good at heart anyways, proven mostly by how she reacts to Nuka's death, but that's just my theory. ^^
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

Postby thanigraphics » February 20th, 2010, 11:50 pm

In the conceptual videos of SP, you see Zira committing suicide, saying "never" and let her self fall down after hanging on that cliff. I think Disney considered that to harsh for children, and made her death the way it is in the movie. I don't think Zira wanted to be resqued by Kiara.
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Postby PrinceTaka » February 21st, 2010, 1:10 am

[quote="thanigraphics"]I think Disney considered that to harsh for children, and made her death the way it is in the movie.[/quote]

And fratricide is not too harsh for children. :annoyed:

If you ask me, I'll say she committed suicide.
PrinceTaka

Postby thanigraphics » February 21st, 2010, 1:36 am

yeah, well basicly it's the same thing :) she didn't want to live any longer.
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Postby Simba » February 21st, 2010, 4:38 am

I think she realized too late that she should've taken Kiara's paw (not that it could've helped any since lions don't have thumbs :lol: ). the whole reason she didn't accept Kiara's help before was she didn't want help from her enemy and believed that she could rescue herself. perhaps even she thought it might've been a trick given her shocked expression right as Kiara says, "I can help you."
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Postby thanigraphics » February 21st, 2010, 4:48 am

I thought Kiara said "please, let me help you.." ;)
After that you see a shot of Zira with her eyes wide open. After that she falls down. You are right, it's not easy to determine whether she was letting herself fall down or that it happened to her accidentally.

offtopic: I've made some new smileys, check the topic :D Image
ImageImageImage
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Postby SilverSimba01 » February 21st, 2010, 6:59 pm

Well, for me is kind of difficult to determit wheter Zira wants to be saved or not
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby TheWightLion » June 26th, 2010, 6:07 am

i dont know i heard in another fourm that the disney produsers wanted her to suiside and let go, but in the movie ithink she fell, idk if she wanted to fall or not
Prideland.
If your my friend,Ill be thare to the end.

TheWightLion

If your my friend,Ill be thare to the end.

Pride Points: 0

Postby PrincessKiara » June 29th, 2010, 10:24 am

In my opinion, it’s not a question of if Zira wanted to be saved, but if she could be. When I look at Zira’s death scene, I see a lioness who is doomed. I can’t see a way that she would be able to take Kiara’s paw and be pulled to safety. Zira was sliding way out of reach of Kiara, and in any case I think Zira would choose death rather than allow Kiara (of all people) to help her.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Next

Return to The Movies