Do you think if Nuka lived

Do you think if Nuka lived

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » October 16th, 2013, 3:07 am

That he'd join the Pridelands or stay loyal to Zira?
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Re: Do you think if Nuka lived

Postby KingCub » October 16th, 2013, 3:27 am

You know...This one is kinda a tough one!

My first thought was that we would stay loyal, as that is what his main goal in life was. He did a good job of it, as he died loyal.

But, then I got to thinking about his personality. He just wants to make people happy. And I feel that if Zira died, he would stick with him family and join the pridelands. He just seems like the kind of person to do that, and I could even see him becoming a leader in the group, alongside Simba and Kovu.

Its just hard for me to ever imagine him going against the outsiders if Zira was still around, but when she is gone I think he would follow his family.
You are what you love, not who loves you.
Thanks Regulus for the lovely siggy!
Other Things~
Spoiler: show

Thank you Kib and SimbasMate!

Photography | Ask Me Stuff | Facebook | My Computer
KingCub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KC, Ty
Pride Points: 28

Postby Claws » October 16th, 2013, 3:53 am

I'd go with him staying outsider, maybe with a fate close to Zira's, since by then I think Zira pretty much had brainwashed him with hate and also I think he'd break in anger when he saw Zira dying... So being Scar and Zira's purpose, I think he'd stick with the plan, and try to kill Simba. Then again, I wouldn't be completly sure, since all the poor guy wanted was acceptance, it's just the matter realizing he'd that with the pride, or not.
Claws
Imitation of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Postby Carl » October 16th, 2013, 4:23 am

I think he would probably stay loyal to the end. I actually think he would have gone down the cliff after Zira to try and help her or finish off Kiara, or both. When she died, he probably would have been distraught and angry and he'd probably go into a rage and blindly attack first Kiara and then Simba if he survived past attacking Kiara or helping Zira.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Tora » October 16th, 2013, 5:00 am

Honestly I don't think he would have remained loyal. He wanted to be accepted somewhere. All he ever knew was what his mother told him of Simba much like Kovu and Vitani; however I believe he would have turned seeing his brother and sister change sides. If we look back to the story we can see that in reality it was Zira that was the one who was trying to brain wash her whole pride. As all the other lioness' turned on Zira when Vitani turned we can see that the lioness' then viewed Zira as crazy. I mean if it wasn't apparently obvious already to them. I do often wonder if there wasn't a connection between Scar and Zira. Perhaps Zira was one of Scar's lioness he favored and that caused her to have a lot of influence on the pride when Simba came over to take back his crown. A lot of us believe that Scar was somehow involved with Zira, but no one really knows for sure. Overall I think that Nuka would have changed sides upon seeing both his brother and sister change sides.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Regulus » October 16th, 2013, 5:01 am

Nuka only wanted attention. I could see him switching sides faster than Kovu ever did.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Bloodspill » October 16th, 2013, 4:16 pm

Wow, really? Every time I watch this movie, I get the impression that Nuka didn't care about anyone's attention but his mother. He didn't really care about Scar I think, but did what Zira said just to prove he's worth her attention, etc. He hated Simba, and hated KOVU. He would break down after Zira's death, jump after her into the river, I don't know. Don't forget he wasn't good character. Guess he'd rather run away...He wasn't that brave (remember Elephant Graveyard scene?) so maybe he wouldn't be able to make up his mind whose side to take.
Life's not fair, is it?

Pride Points: 1

Postby Carl » October 16th, 2013, 4:19 pm

I'm pretty sure if he hadn't died when he does in the film that he would have died with Zira in the final showdown. Proving himself to her was his number one goal.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby KentuckyWildcat » October 16th, 2013, 7:04 pm

Nuka wanted his mother's approval more than anything. In particular, he resented all the attention she lavished on the "Chosen One" Kovu at his expense. With Kovu changing sides, Nuka would have almost certainly attempted to seize the opportunity to be the hero (at least in Zira's eyes) and earn the validation that he so desperately sought.

That's actually a pretty similar to the scenario that led to his death in the actual events of the film. I just don't think that living to see the prides unite would have changed his perspective any.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.
KentuckyWildcat
Mother don't you cry

Hell don't need me

Pride Points: 7

Postby juhouh » October 17th, 2013, 8:22 pm

Nope. Nuka wanted to be a king so bad and he would have killed his stepbrother Kovu just like Scar did to Mufasa
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Next

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride