Board index

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ] 
goto page...   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9   next page »

How much older do you think Mufasa is?
Years 12%  12%  [ 9 ]
Months 18%  18%  [ 14 ]
Weeks 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Hours 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Minutes 10%  10%  [ 8 ]
Seconds 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
They were born in the same litter, Mufasa as the firstborn. 54%  54%  [ 42 ]
Total votes : 78
Author Message
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Joined: March 30th, 2010, 3:02 am
Gender: Male
Posts: 325
Pride Points: 0
PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 5:47 am 
Post subject: How much older was Mufasa than Scar?



Before I start i'm gonna point out a few things as well as say some.

We are ONLY focussing on TLK1 since the people who made TLK2 screwed up alot of things.

Now i know wheat you guys are saying "Why is this thread important?Doesn't Tale of two brother's already answer this question?"

Well in my opinion...no.

In the movie Scar refers to Mufasa as his "Big brother". This is in no way misleading as Mufasa looks older than Scar as he is bigger, built better, and has a fuller mane. (Many say that they were born in the same litter, Mufasa being born first therefore making him older. Well yeah if you wanna be technical but they were born on the same day and aged at the same rate, therefore neither would really be older than the other...)

You see Mufasa has coloring on the bridge of his nose. Not gradient, coloring.
Image

Scar has gradient
Image
When we first see adult Simba he also has this gradient and I assume he's about 4 or five seing as his mane has filled in but is not full.
Image

With this information we can conclude Scar was around the same age when we first see him.
So this would make him 8 or 9 when Simba returns and at THIS age he has lost his nose gradient and developed coloring.Image

With this information i believe Mufasa was already an adult when Taka was born.

The story:

Since everday Mufasa's reign was nearing, Ahadi put him through harder training. This of course meant Uru never saw much of her son or Husband and felt left out so she requested another cub from Ahadi. The king complied and gave her Taka but around the same time rouges attack the lands. Ahadi comands Mufasa to stay and protect the pride, should he fail at fending them off and they never hear from Ahadi much afterwards. This of course means Taka really doesn't establish a bond with Ahadi which is why Scar says the line "You know...a sort of father-son...thing." the way he does. When both Mosi and Taka are old enough to hunt Mufasa teaches them how in which Taka gain the Scar. Taka desires to be called Scar to forever remind NOT to hunt with Mosi ever again. Mosi appologizes but Scar doesn't accept any of them and eventually it becomes annoying. Then the whole ordeal with Zira, Sanaa and Amri occur and Mosi ends up dead. Scar hopes the death of her son discourages Sarabi from having anymore cubs but along comes Simba, Mufasa as King since the realization Ahadi wan't coming back set in.

As for Kovu having coloring when not having a full mane? It makes no sense which is why I ruled out SP.


Click meh eggs plz! :D
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
thx! :D


Offline 
 Profile album
 
 

Forsaken Lioness
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

To Hell and back again.

Joined: March 23rd, 2010, 1:04 am
Gender: Female
Posts: 4749
Pride Points: 3
Location: A mirage in the Outlands
Nickname(s): QR, Ral,Lexi
PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 5:59 am 
Post subject: Re: How much older was Mufasa than Scar?



Nice thread Were, I was just thinking about this after I finished reading Snowys thread http://www.mylionking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8593

As for how much Older Mufasa was than Scar I would say about a year older,but i don't know for sure


Do you bury me when Im gone?
Do you teach me while Im here?
Just as soon as I belong then its time I disappear -Metallica I disappear

ImageImage
Come visit my website about Vitani http://vitanis-palace.webs.com
Stamp and Sig by me.


Offline 
 Profile
 
 

Legendary Lion
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Joined: May 14th, 2009, 10:57 pm
Gender: Male
Posts: 9576
Nickname(s): KM
PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 6:13 am 
Post subject: Re: How much older was Mufasa than Scar?



I don't understand how you can base a theory like this off something as simplistic as color differences. This is an animated movie after all. Do you really think that was their intention for drawing the characters as they did? I think you're looking into things a bit too deeply. Your theory also poses quite a few conflicting issues that don't really make much sense.

You say that you believe Mufasa was already an adult by the time Taka was born? O.o If that were the case, I don't see how Taka would be as jealous over his brother's position as king then. If they grew up together and were around the same age, it makes sense that Taka would be extremely resentful over his brother for becoming king over himself. If Mufasa was already dubbed the future king though when Taka was born, he'd have no reason to feel that way.

The reason why Taka says that line from the movie that you quoted in the way he did was just to appease Cubby Simba from wanting to go with him. Nothing more, nothing less, and lastly, if you are going to use a theory that involves appearance (and not just animation) than you can't rule out the sequel movie. Again, if we're just talking about coloring in general, then yes, you could say they did things differently in TLK2SP but your theory relies on the supposed fact that this was done to show aging, so yeah. Anyways, interesting theory nonetheless but quite farfetched if I do say so myself.

I'd still say that Mufasa and Taka were littermates and the differences in appearance just are a result of genetics and how they chose to take care of themselves growing up.



Offline 
 Profile
 
 
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Joined: July 5th, 2009, 2:07 pm
Gender: Female
Posts: 525
Pride Points: 5
Location: Finland
PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 2:39 pm 
Post subject: Re: How much older was Mufasa than Scar?



I agree with KiarasMate. Both Mufasa and Scar look pretty old to me, so I believe the age difference between them isn't very huge.
And adult Nala has light colour on the bridge of her nose... :?



Offline 
 Profile album
 
 
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Joined: March 30th, 2010, 3:02 am
Gender: Male
Posts: 325
Pride Points: 0
PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 5:19 pm 
Post subject: Re: How much older was Mufasa than Scar?



KiarasMate wrote:
I don't understand how you can base a theory like this off something as simplistic as color differences. This is an animated movie after all. Do you really think that was their intention for drawing the characters as they did? I think you're looking into things a bit too deeply. Your theory also poses quite a few conflicting issues that don't really make much sense.

You say that you believe Mufasa was already an adult by the time Taka was born? O.o If that were the case, I don't see how Taka would be as jealous over his brother's position as king then. If they grew up together and were around the same age, it makes sense that Taka would be extremely resentful over his brother for becoming king over himself. If Mufasa was already dubbed the future king though when Taka was born, he'd have no reason to feel that way.

The reason why Taka says that line from the movie that you quoted in the way he did was just to appease Cubby Simba from wanting to go with him. Nothing more, nothing less, and lastly, if you are going to use a theory that involves appearance (and not just animation) than you can't rule out the sequel movie. Again, if we're just talking about coloring in general, then yes, you could say they did things differently in TLK2SP but your theory relies on the supposed fact that this was done to show aging, so yeah. Anyways, interesting theory nonetheless but quite farfetched if I do say so myself.

I'd still say that Mufasa and Taka were littermates and the differences in appearance just are a result of genetics and how they chose to take care of themselves growing up.



Believe what you want.

My mind won't change.


Click meh eggs plz! :D
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
thx! :D


Offline 
 Profile album
 
 
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Joined: March 30th, 2010, 3:02 am
Gender: Male
Posts: 325
Pride Points: 0
PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 5:22 pm 
Post subject: Re: How much older was Mufasa than Scar?



Nadra wrote:
I agree with KiarasMate. Both Mufasa and Scar look pretty old to me, so I believe the age difference between them isn't very huge.
And adult Nala has light colour on the bridge of her nose... :?


That's because she's a lioness.
Lionesses gain the coloring when they are adults(as we never see Nala or any other lioness as a teenager and neither Kiara nor Vitani have this coloring when both their parents do)
It turns into gradient when they are old (Example:Zira.)


Click meh eggs plz! :D
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
thx! :D


Offline 
 Profile album
 
 
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Why don't you have a seat right over there?

Joined: June 30th, 2009, 8:51 am
Gender: Male
Posts: 586
Pride Points: 8
Location: Beyond What You See.
PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 5:28 pm 
Post subject: Re: How much older was Mufasa than Scar?



Well there good points to both sides of the argument, but I'm no lion-aging expert, so I don't know. Lol.


Image


Image


Offline 
 Profile
 
 

Legendary Lion
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Joined: May 14th, 2009, 10:57 pm
Gender: Male
Posts: 9576
Nickname(s): KM
PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 10:41 pm 
Post subject: Re: How much older was Mufasa than Scar?



Wereberess wrote:
KiarasMate wrote:
I don't understand how you can base a theory like this off something as simplistic as color differences. This is an animated movie after all. Do you really think that was their intention for drawing the characters as they did? I think you're looking into things a bit too deeply. Your theory also poses quite a few conflicting issues that don't really make much sense.

You say that you believe Mufasa was already an adult by the time Taka was born? O.o If that were the case, I don't see how Taka would be as jealous over his brother's position as king then. If they grew up together and were around the same age, it makes sense that Taka would be extremely resentful over his brother for becoming king over himself. If Mufasa was already dubbed the future king though when Taka was born, he'd have no reason to feel that way.

The reason why Taka says that line from the movie that you quoted in the way he did was just to appease Cubby Simba from wanting to go with him. Nothing more, nothing less, and lastly, if you are going to use a theory that involves appearance (and not just animation) than you can't rule out the sequel movie. Again, if we're just talking about coloring in general, then yes, you could say they did things differently in TLK2SP but your theory relies on the supposed fact that this was done to show aging, so yeah. Anyways, interesting theory nonetheless but quite farfetched if I do say so myself.

I'd still say that Mufasa and Taka were littermates and the differences in appearance just are a result of genetics and how they chose to take care of themselves growing up.



Believe what you want.

My mind won't change.



Did I say I was trying to change your mind? No. I was simply stating my counter points to your theory. From now on, please don't reply to posts unless you're actually contributing back to the debate, as this post could just as easily be considered spam as it does not add anything to the overall discussion and shows that once again, you take other people's feedback way too personally. If you can't handle others giving their opinions about the topics you post, then don't post them.



Offline 
 Profile
 
 
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Joined: March 30th, 2010, 3:02 am
Gender: Male
Posts: 325
Pride Points: 0
PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 11:22 pm 
Post subject: Re: How much older was Mufasa than Scar?



KiarasMate wrote:
Wereberess wrote:
KiarasMate wrote:
I don't understand how you can base a theory like this off something as simplistic as color differences. This is an animated movie after all. Do you really think that was their intention for drawing the characters as they did? I think you're looking into things a bit too deeply. Your theory also poses quite a few conflicting issues that don't really make much sense.

You say that you believe Mufasa was already an adult by the time Taka was born? O.o If that were the case, I don't see how Taka would be as jealous over his brother's position as king then. If they grew up together and were around the same age, it makes sense that Taka would be extremely resentful over his brother for becoming king over himself. If Mufasa was already dubbed the future king though when Taka was born, he'd have no reason to feel that way.

The reason why Taka says that line from the movie that you quoted in the way he did was just to appease Cubby Simba from wanting to go with him. Nothing more, nothing less, and lastly, if you are going to use a theory that involves appearance (and not just animation) than you can't rule out the sequel movie. Again, if we're just talking about coloring in general, then yes, you could say they did things differently in TLK2SP but your theory relies on the supposed fact that this was done to show aging, so yeah. Anyways, interesting theory nonetheless but quite farfetched if I do say so myself.

I'd still say that Mufasa and Taka were littermates and the differences in appearance just are a result of genetics and how they chose to take care of themselves growing up.



Believe what you want.

My mind won't change.



Did I say I was trying to change your mind? No. I was simply stating my counter points to your theory. From now on, please don't reply to posts unless you're actually contributing back to the debate, as this post could just as easily be considered spam as it does not add anything to the overall discussion and shows that once again, you take other people's feedback way too personally. If you can't handle others giving their opinions about the topics you post, then don't post them.


You pretty much said why the theory wouldn't make sense.

"You say that you believe Mufasa was already an adult by the time Taka was born? O.o If that were the case, I don't see how Taka would be as jealous over his brother's position as king then. If they grew up together and were around the same age, it makes sense that Taka would be extremely resentful over his brother for becoming king over himself. If Mufasa was already dubbed the future king though when Taka was born, he'd have no reason to feel that way."
That's the message I was sent.


Click meh eggs plz! :D
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
thx! :D


Offline 
 Profile album
 
 

Legendary Lion
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Joined: May 14th, 2009, 10:57 pm
Gender: Male
Posts: 9576
Nickname(s): KM
PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 11:27 pm 
Post subject: Re: How much older was Mufasa than Scar?



Um, yeah, it's called a counter-point and that was my intention. You stated your theory and I stated how I thought it didn't make sense to me. What's so hard to understand about that?



Offline 
 Profile
 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ] 
goto page...   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9   next page »


Board index


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


cron
Copyright ©2006-2010 by Moka & My Lion King

Proudly powered by phpBB Version 3.0.8
Copyright © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

Karma functions powered by Karma MOD © 2007, 2009 m157y